Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Computer

Go down 
+8
Draclvr
lakerz
jkeerie
AngDMC
hatshepsut
Gelert
winfrey
AlienBZ
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

New Computer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:26 pm

I was going to say what Faust said, everyone has to start somewhere! Hats off to you, AlienBZ, for following your dream.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 pm

I agree! Way to go, ABZ!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:23 pm

Thanks for the encouragements, Pointers!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

<update on school>

So for for CIT 115 for Grade 1 I got a "P" for "Passed" b/c this exam was posted after my school's midterm period; for CIT 150 I got a "B" for Grade 1 on my midterms, and this latest exam today for CIT 150 and got a score of 52 out of 60 possible points for that one test.

Mom said that getting a score of 52 out of 60 possible points on a test was a B+.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:10 pm

New school update:

**post deleted**

Before checking my test score after reading the teacher's email I was deathly afraid to check it, but I would say our Creator gave me the courage to check it.
**Praise our Lord Jesus Christ! Christ saved the day! He took care of it for me, Yay!!**

Post deleted by AlienBZ

Last edited by AlienBZ on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:24 am

Um , based on the instructor's email , it appears that you did not follow instructions as directed by your instructor , but , your instructor gave you the credit anyhow . I wonder why you would not follow what your instructor has instructed ? scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 am

I agree with that according to the email she didn't follow instructions. I also wonder why she didn't follow instructions and even more I wonder why credit was given. I wonder how someone could possibly work on a computer if they can't follow instructions.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:45 am

I've been puzzling over that myself.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:18 pm

As far as the last four multiple-choice questions on the test, your method for listing your answers confused the computer grading system; I have reviewed those answers and given you credit where you supplied correct answers.

I wonder if she wrote in answers instead of the normal multiple-choice A, B, C, D. Curious minds want to know. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:13 pm

I looked at the PDF - even though I got several "unsafe" warnings from my Web of Trust about the host - and ABZ did not follow the directions. The answers were given below the actual question which had a list of the options, A,B,C,D,E where you were supposed to enter the matching explanation.

Although I think you did very well on the exam, ABZ - you answered several questions correctly that I didn't know the answer to! - I think your instructor was very generous in the scoring. That would never happen in a classroom situation. I think if you can read the questions and then carefully follow the instructions to the letter, you will do even better on the next one.

And why all the religious clamouring? YOU did this all by yourself and you should be very proud of yourself. You learned a lot of basics and now can go on to more difficult classes.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Draclvr wrote:
I looked at the PDF - even though I got several "unsafe" warnings from my Web of Trust about the host - and ABZ did not follow the directions. The answers were given below the actual question which had a list of the options, A,B,C,D,E where you were supposed to enter the matching explanation.

Although I think you did very well on the exam, ABZ - you answered several questions correctly that I didn't know the answer to! - I think your instructor was very generous in the scoring. That would never happen in a classroom situation. I think if you can read the questions and then carefully follow the instructions to the letter, you will do even better on the next one.

And why all the religious clamouring? YOU did this all by yourself and you should be very proud of yourself. You learned a lot of basics and now can go on to more difficult classes.

I guess the fly in the ointment is , why were the instructor's directions not followed in the first place , & more to the point , if the instructions were not followed (even though correct answers may have been given) , why did the instructor allow it to happen ? Agreed Drac , the instructor was being generous ., & this sort of thing would never be allowed in a classroom setting .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 am

AlienBZ wrote:
New school update:

Just got the final score (readjusted by teacher as per my email) AlienBZ's new CIT 150 final exam results

Here is my quote of what the teacher said in his email Dec 16:

Quote :
For all our questions for the entire term, I have followed the textbook and its information so as to make certain students had a reference for every assignment. As such, the questions on the final can be traced to the information in the textbook, not to any external sources. For example, the question about the monitor refresh rate was taken from page 311 in the text, which states that 75Hz is the optimum rate. Another example is your question about the EXTRACT vs EXPAND command. If you check the text, you’ll find on pages 417-418 that the correct form for the command is EXPAND—EXTRACT is NOT a recognized command-line directive. Yet another example would be your question about the PATA vs SATA connectors for laptops. While we know there are exceptions to the rule, your text states on pages 220-221 information about using a 44-pin cable and configuring hard drives and optical drives as master and slave—clearly a PATA type of connector, as these terms do not apply to SATA. Nonetheless, I gave you credit for this answer on the final exam. Please check your other questions here carefully against the text to find where these subjects were covered and answered.

As far as the last four multiple-choice questions on the test, your method for listing your answers confused the computer grading system; I have reviewed those answers and given you credit where you supplied correct answers.

Below is the sendspace link to my final exam papers.
The original test score was calculated immediately by my school's DL education division's computer when I took the exam on Dec 13.

Each of the questions were worth 2 points/correct answer, & the last four multiple choice questions were worth 5 points each for the correct answers, so my score rose from a 52 out of 80 possible points on the exam to a 24 point rise.

Before checking my test score after reading the teacher's email I was deathly afraid to check it, but I would say our Creator gave me the courage to check it.
**Praise our Lord Jesus Christ! Christ saved the day! He took care of it for me, Yay!!**

ABZ , I have deleted the link you posted . Sendspace is a file sharing site . File sharing sites are notorious for promoting ads that can contain spyware , viruses , & malware . I would hate to have anyone here damage their computers , spending vast amounts of time & possibly finances repairing their computers , because of the link you posted . I made this decision , after doing research , taking in to account warnings from sites such as WOT (Web Of Trust) , and McAffee Site Advisor , as well as several other reputable sites & statements already made . In the future , if you wish to let people know of your grades from school (that's not a bad thing !) , I would suggest that you offer to do so via pm or direct email contact .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:17 am

As I mentioned Faust, I got several WOT warnings when I looked at the file. I didn't get anything - ran a full scan with Malwarebytes - but I was hoping you might delete it.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:39 am

I had taken into account what you had said , as well as what I had looked up . The danger of catching a virus or any other nasty is just too great !
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 6:49 am

Thank you Faust

ABZ please do not post links that may ppse a threat to others.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Ok. Anyway, I got a B for my final grade in both classes.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:01 am

AlienBZ it is evident that you read the post since you answered the post so you knew that Faust took care of the link. Check your PM's

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:34 pm

@Faust, Could you please remove my teacher's email quote from Pg 6 of this thread b/c my teacher may not like private communication between him and I to be published in a public forum?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:07 pm

AlienBZ wrote:
@Faust, Could you please remove my teacher's email quote from Pg 6 of this thread b/c my teacher may not like private communication between him and I to be published in a public forum?

Thanks.

Any important information has already been deleted . The only thing still available , is a link to a picture of your test scores , in a .png format , which you provided . Seeing as how that has no personal information , such as private email addresses , the information stays as it is . Your teacher's email address is not listed anywhere , just a quote which you provided . That information stays as well . A quote from an email , without who the email is addressed to or from , is hardly a security risk . That quote stays as it is also . If you did not want to have that information been made public , you should not have listed the information in the first place .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:43 pm

Faust is absolutely correct. We do not edit post without just cause and there is no cause for editing the post. AlienBZ you have been asked and warned to stop drawing attention to and resurrecting this thread. There has been no legitimate purpose in it that I can see except to start more controversy.

I am loath to lock this or any thread but if you persist I will lock the thread.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:38 am

hatshepsut wrote:
I'm not sure what your looking for here ABZ so just let me address a few points. As far as I could tell you were given an answer for everything. So let's start at the beginning of what I see as this problem. Quite a while back I told you that Alter Ego was problematic on some computers. It either wouldn't play at all or characters disappeared or portions of the characters disappeared. Now with that said I will reiterate what draclver said. Your laptop is very highly reviewed. It should play nearly every game thrown at it excluding Alter Ego. You shouldn't judge the computers playing ability on a game that has been problematic for so many players. The onboard graphics card is more than adequate for gaming needs. As far as wanting to get a refund from the seller, I believe jk gave you the best answer, it's called honesty. You went into laptop and changed things and possibly messed something up and voided your warranty. To not tell the seller is dishonest. As drac said never ever start tinkering on a brand new expensive computer, do your experimenting on a clunker. You were asked several times if you had tried another game to see if it would play. You didn't answer so I would urge you do so. You more than likely will not find a better laptop for gaming than the one you have without spending a whole lot of money. So once again I'm not sure just what it is you are wanting to know. I didn't see any problem that wasn't answered. If you just want to chat and brag about your new laptop that's ok. I just got a new laptop that I would be happy to chat about.

Pointers, I believe I solved this issue of my Acer using Low end HW when running the screenshot taker (FRAPS) while playing Alter Ego (which causes parts of peoples' bodies to poke through things they should not like Emily's legs poking thru the laundry table when she is standing behind this table for example - this was the whole reason why I didn't want to keep the Acer in the first place) by running Alter Ego in my Dell M1530 laptop that I have XP (and NVidia with no Optimus) and I found that, by running Alter Ego in the M1530 under XP with the screenshot taker running at the same time caused no graphics issues whatsoever.

My hypothesis is that the Optimus technology in the Acer's NVidia had caused this - what do you think, Inland and Jenny? Did the Optimus cause the swith to low end graphics upon running the screenshot taker with the game?

Thus, I did a full play thru and finished Alter Ego with no graphics issues whatsoever under XP in the M1530.

The thing is, I believe one of my schoolbooks said if there's a problem with a program (game application) try the program in a different computer.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:04 am

Inland and Jenny? Are you posting on the wrong forum, ABZ?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:22 am

Hi Drac

I was wondering the same thing myself scratch

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:58 am

Or maybe ABZ is just flooding all the forums with the same post as it's over at GB too.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:03 am

That crossed my mind too when I saw the same post at GB

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Computer   New Computer - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Computer
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: The Adventure Point Technical Hitches and Tips Centre-
Jump to: