Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:14 pm

eBay again .........

Wonder if anyone will buy. Some nice games and well cared for. Probably best sold separately though I expect. Who knows though nowadays?

Collection for sale

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:29 pm

This looks awfully familiar...did you show us this Australian selling this same collection before? If I remember correctly he was asking $2000 for it then as we discussed whether we thought it was worth it or not. Plus I remember about him offering the boxed Touche the Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer game as free and what he paid for it on GTZ.

Or I could be living in Deja Vu world and this only happened in my mind Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:37 pm

I thought the same GF. I don't think I was the one who pointed to it though. I'll check.

If so, my apologies - a boo-boo on my part!

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:41 pm

Oh, Gee there is no Bo Bo here. If it is indeed the same collector then we know he didn't sell it the first time for the $2000 and yet for some reason I picture him having listed more games but then again i am a little "listed" myself sometimes. Cool
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:43 pm

I do remember a posting GF. But I can't for the life of me find the darn thing!

SEARCH is CRaaaaaaaP!!

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:47 pm

No big deal Gee, it will be interesting follow this to see if he gets any bids this time.

Maybe we could have a contest to see what he finally sells the collection for with the winner receiving a new car....provided by you of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:12 pm

It's a deal! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Looking over his games I do have a question for you collector aficionados....in the second picture, top shelf, 4th box from the left. This looks to be a big box version of the Omega Stone. Is this true? I have never heard, let alone seen of a big box release. I have only had the medium sized box like we see so much of lately. Can anyone confirm and/or provide a picture (please) of their big box Omega Stone?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:03 pm

Gelert and GreyFuss, yes this is the same seller and games that was listed on ebay previously. Mullane posted it on page 26 of the spend spend spend thread Here that ebay listing Here

GreyFuss that certainly looks like a big box Omega Stone.

hatshepsut

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:17 pm

Yes, it does. I wonder if it's a Mac version. Be good to know. Big boxes, big boxes, YUM YUM YUM!!! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:26 pm

Well it looks like I will have to buy the set for $1100 & arranged for a flight to Melbourne to pick them up because the seller isn't going to ship them just to get the big box of the Omega Stone. There may be another game I would be interested in...I don't see the famous green Obsidian box yet he lists it. I wonder if the box looks like THIS
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:32 pm

Gelert wrote:
Yes, it does. I wonder if it's a Mac version. Be good to know. Big boxes, big boxes, YUM YUM YUM!!! Twisted Evil
No it's the PC version. It says PC CDROM at the top of the box.

GreyFuss wrote:
Well it looks like I will have to buy the set for $1100 & arranged for a flight to Melbourne to pick them up because the seller isn't going to ship them just to get the big box of the Omega Stone. There may be another game I would be interested in...I don't see the famous green Obsidian box yet he lists it. I wonder if the box looks like THIS
It's in the first picture, top shelf, fifth box from the right.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:36 pm

You are right Gruefeeder and it looks to not be the green box but the one I linked to above...thanks, I am calling the airlines for tickets now.
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:40 pm

Evil or Very Mad I have been in contact with this seller a couple of time trying to get him to sell me a few of the items from his shelf. He did promise me initially to do it, but after he had it listed 2 times in the beginning he said he was going to keep it all. He would probably do better selling them seperate or in smaller lots. Hopefully I can get him to sell me some things if it doesn't sell again.

That is definitely a big box omega stone GreyFuss. I believe it had a release in Australia, but I am not sure of other countries. I once bought Omega stone in a box expected that one, but got the smaller box and was quite disappointed. I have also seen a few big boxes that were released in Australia that were otherwise (in english speaking nations/US) released in smaller boxes. Broken Sword 3, Post Mortem, Omega Stone, Schizm, Runaway, maybe a few others.

Laughing GreyFuss. I could keep an eye out for a loose big box of Omega Stone??
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:05 am

Mullane you have seen a big box of Post Mortem ? and Broken Sword 3 and Omega Stone ? Oh I'm feeling light headed at the thought of those lovely boxes.

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:10 am

Yeah. I was especially surprised about Post Mortem. Here is a picture I found of it (dont mind the others).
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:18 am

AND RUNAWAY! AAaaaargh! More searching, water water .... is that an oasis of big box games I see? Drink Drink Drink!!! affraid

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:21 am

Mullane wrote:

Laughing GreyFuss. I could keep an eye out for a loose big box of Omega Stone??

Thanks Mullane

and if you see one of those Obsidian big boxes let me know too please.

Wow will you look at that...big boxes of Runaway and Post Mortem Shocked
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:22 am

Oh my gosh Mullane I love that Post Mortem box, I've been looking for it for a long time but I didn't know it was a big box. It's beautiful just beautiful.

Runaway too. Gelert my big box list just keeps growing and growing too Smile

hatshepsut

Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:27 am

Geez, why does Australia get all of the cool big boxes?!? Throw us a bone why don't you, ya Aussies!

If I were located somewhat nearby this person and had $900 on me and had just started adventure gaming and wanted to see what all the hoopla was over the older games, I would consider jumping on this collection. Truly, one could play through the 5 most valuable games and then turn around and sell them off for probably $400 or so which amounts to half of the full auction.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm

It sold! . . . . for just over £300.

I think somebody got a really good deal there. Plenty of game playing time! Smile

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:48 pm

After his games didn't sell on Ebay before this seller listed them for sale on the Game Trading Zone. I contacted him about about buying a few I was interested in and he wanted way, waaay too much for them individually. I am glad someone will be keeping these games in a collection and hopefully in circulation.
Back to top Go down
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:09 pm

I was in contact with him many times, he couldnt seem to make a decision about selling them. He wanted $400 AUS for just 12 of the big boxes, but sold the lot for $500 AU. He didn't seem to know much about pricing. He listed to me at one time that he wanted $50 for Runaway and only $40 for Master of Dimensions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(   Today at 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down

Another collector selling up it seems - sad to see! :-(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1