Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blue Madonna Released

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Blue Madonna Released Empty
PostSubject: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Blue Madonna released today. The latest in the Carol Reed series can be downloaded or disk copy purchased here at MDNA Blue Madonna

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 pm

I might add that I ordered the disk from the developers web site and found that they must have a deal with Dave at Interact because that is where their "Buy" link leads to and he fulfills the payment and delivery. Just thought you all might like to know that.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 pm

Thank you for the additional information Grey Fuss Smile It's good to know that Dave has Blue Madonna

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:01 pm

I ordered mine last night. I noticed that when the last game came out last year it was from Dave. I haven't seen the cover for this one but I wish they would go back to the water color pictures on white in the thin DVD cases. The last 2 covers have been so dark and gloomy and has ruined the looks of this collection. Sad
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Must be a special deal with Dave as he doesn't list the game at all on his site. Must be that MDNA only wants him to fill the orders through their site. Maybe to better keep track of their sales?

For those wondering "GreyFuss is playing the Carol Reed games....Whaaaaat?) Yes I have to admit that I have played them all. I find them very quaint and are the closest thing to a casual game I will get. I have enjoyed them much better since they have not used the heavy water color filters as in the first couple. Looking through that gave me a headache. Besides I like to support this successful Indy developer.

There....I said it......are you happy now?......GreyFuss likes the Carol Reed games. Please don't tell anyone, I have a reputation to protect you know! Cool
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:34 am

GreyFuss your guilty secret and reputation are safe. But since you are in a confessing mood what other adventure lights would you like to confess to enjoying. I promise not to tell anyone Blue Madonna Released 10

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:54 am

hatshepsut wrote:
what other adventure lights would you like to confess to enjoying.
Or for that matter, what other adventures would be considered casual/light?
I always thought of Carol Reed as real adventures, even if they are on the easy side.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Reiterate with emphasis on the underlined...
Quote :
I find them very quaint and are the closest thing to a casual game I will get.
Blue Madonna Released 13
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 5:08 pm

GF..I had a feeling you were a closet Carol Reed fan and maybe for the most part you support the Indies. ..but you still like the games. Very Happy These are my favorites. I love everything about them. I am also fond of games that take you to that reality. Like the Capri games and The sydney Mystery to name a couple. Since I cannot get there...I can still visit in the games. Blue Madonna Released A048
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 6:03 pm

That reminds me...maybe I should give A Quiet Weekend in Capri another go. When it first came out I didn't care for it so I never even considered Anacapri. I have found tough that there are many games that I didn't like that after attaining more adventure skills I ended up loving when giving them another chance farther down the road. Seems to me I remember them re-releasing the two games together and were updated and improved. Anybody know where I can check into that?

Found it!

Its called Mysteries of Capri its an Import and Interact has it. cheers
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Anacapri is one of my favorites. A huge gameworld, but I was never lost somehow. Quiet weekend was to vague for me though. I needed a walkthrough all the way.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:09 am

Finished Blue Madonna and I liked it. Its nice to see how Mikael has progressed with this his 7th game. Sure glad he dropped that all that water coloring filtering from the early games. Miss Ang you are right, this time I decided to slowly play and be sure to study and enjoy the scenery. Not only can Mikael create an enjoyable adventure he is an excellent photographer.

HandsFree

I hope I can enjoy the games this time around as much as you for the Mysteries of Capri the remakes are on their way here.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:50 am

GF...I cannot wait for Blue Madonna to get here. You downloaded? I also purchased the new Mysteries of Capri but I haven't opened it yet for the replays(soon).I am wondering if the game is in Italian because the info on the dvd case is in Italian. scratch
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Miss Ang

That is the only release of Mysteries of Capri but the game is in English. Dave explains HERE.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 am

Still waiting for Blue Madonna to arrive. Sad
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 am

Mikael has apologized as heavy winter weather has slowed down the delivery of Interacts games. Interact expects and Mikael hopes that they arrive sometime this week.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:08 am

Thanks GF. I sent off a message to Dave before I came here. It's good to know that they are on the way though. I am tempted to play the download. Cool
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 pm

Blue Madonna was shipped to you on 01/13/2011
Blue Madonna Released A049
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:22 pm

I would say that Ang is definitely a happy camper Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:59 pm

AngDMC wrote:
I haven't seen the cover for this one but I wish they would go back to the water color pictures on white in the thin DVD cases. The last 2 covers have been so dark and gloomy and has ruined the looks of this collection. Sad

YIPPIE!!!! It's here ...... Blue Madonna Released E058 AND .....
It is in the thin dvd case with the picture on white!!!
Blue Madonna Released C014
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Ang I am so happy for you that Blue Madonna has finally arrived and the box art is prettier.

I haven't played any Carol Reed games. Are there any games they are similar to ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:23 am

Hi Hats...I can't think of any that they would be similar to. They are unique in their own way. After you have played them..it is great to see familar places and people. A room that has never been opened in Carols house is pretty neat. A whole shelving unit of Adventure games. Yes yes...I got out the magnifying glass so I can read the titles. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:39 am

Oh I like those little touches like adventure games in adventure games. So some of the same places and people are in the games? Carol Reed is a detective right ? Or is she more like a Miss Marple character ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Madonna Released   Blue Madonna Released Empty

Back to top Go down

Blue Madonna Released
Page 1 of 1