Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! Empty
PostSubject: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:32 am

Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! Toonstruck_02
Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! Crossroads
Now I'm going to speak about our oldie of the month, Toonstruck. Despite being very costly, it was terribly underrated and became a financial disaster for the publisher. Before the release it was split in two parts, and Toonstruck 2 never got released, so the game had a very open ending.
In 2010, after 14 years, Keith Arem, the game's music director, stated he would like to release a full version of Toonstruck which would be adapted for modern PC's and include the second part of the game. But he needs "tremendous fan support" to justify its release and convince the publishers that the game won't fail once again. So there's a petition which has already reached the number of 3260 signatures.
A quote from Mr. Arem (you can read his letter here):
Quote :

While the game was internationally critically acclaimed, the game did
not receive the sales we hoped, and the second half was never released.
Now that my career has developed, I would like to re-release an updated
version of Toonstruck to include the 2nd half of the game (iPad, online,
etc), but I would need tremendous fan support to justify its release. I
am looking for someone to help organize a fan petition to help us raise
the capital to finance the game, so if you know anyone who could help
with this, I would appreciate the assistance.

Another letter by Mr. Arem and a mini-interview with him.

Online Petition:
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/toonstrucktwo/

Official Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=140186316013394

Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/ToonstruckTwo

Livejournal Community:
http://community.livejournal.com/toonstruck2

Music list from both Toonstruck and Toonstruck 2 (lists some cool previously unknown locations like Fantasy World and Frank's Cryo Crypt): http://tinyurl.com/252mv75

Password: toonstruck

Besides, Mr. Arem has recently announced on the Facebook page that we may see some "behind the scenes peeks into the development process".

SO LET'S SHOW OUR SUPPORT FOR TOONSTRUCK 2!
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:48 pm

ok Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:08 pm

First of all welcome AdventFan and thank you for stopping by with this news but not everybody belongs to these social websites so showing our support isn't possible. Sure I would like to see a release for the PC (don't see Mr Arem mention PC) but I am not going to join FaceBook or any of the others to show it.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi AdventFan and Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! 506268 to the forums of Adventure Point.

I for one am a long standing fan of Toonstruck, having played it many years ago. It is, I agree, an Adventure that passed by somewhat unnoticed, especially here in the UK.

It would be fantastic if Toonstruck 2 saw the light of day. Just browsing the old Toonstruck website brings back some great memories.

I signed the Facebook petition last year but, since then, I've had the impression that the 'campaign' has stagnated somewhat.

Is that the case? I hope not.

Adventure Point's modest homage to Toonstruck can be found Here

and in a small feature to Toonstruck as 'Oldie of the Month', HERE .

Thanks for bringing Toonstruck, and the possibility of Toonstruck 2, to the attention of our community here AdventFan. And, as I said, Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! 506268 .
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi AdventFan welcome to Adventure Point. And enjoy your time here. We have great members and a great website with lots of interesting information about adventure games. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 am

GreyFuss wrote:
First of all welcome AdventFan and thank you for stopping by with this news but not everybody belongs to these social websites so showing our support isn't possible. Sure I would like to see a release for the PC (don't see Mr Arem mention PC) but I am not going to join FaceBook or any of the others to show it.
Ok, now you can sign it without a Facebook account! Cool
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Thank you AdventFan, I am off to vote
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:27 am

A couple of updates from Keith Arem on the group's wall:
Quote :

'We're currently working on an enhanced re-release of TS1, but we may add some of the TS2 content if we can afford to do it. We'll likely re-build our fanbase, and then move onto TS2 next.

More to come!'

Quote :

Hey all -

We're still quite a ways off, but I'm hoping we can make an official announcement by Comic Con or later this summer!

We appreciate your enthusiasm! Keep the dream alive! :-)

So now we finally have a date!
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:58 am

And some more news from Trevor Greer who's involved in the project:
Quote :

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, I have good news for those of you who are looking forward to the re-enhanced version of Toonstruck.
My father and Keith both worked at Virgin (Interactive?) and they are overseeing the project. As well as this, I play a part of this project.
The re-enhanced version is beginning to gain momentum and we are in the process of gathering all the old data from the original source code.
We hope to have stuff for Comicon this July, so check out the PCB Productions booth at the convention!
Answers to some questions:
Quote :

1. I believe our current goal lies with a handheld version of the game. But, depending on its success, repackaging it back for PC and Mac isn't too far off.

2. What I mean by "Re-enhanced" is that we are taking all the old backgrounds and sound files and upping their resolution to match the ratio of iPad, iPhone etc.

3. We don't have any current plans to send it off for a windows platform at the moment.

4. While it may be going for Apple products,I'm not sure if we will have it for Android. Time will tell.

5. Once I find out our booth number for Comicon, I will be sure to let you guys know so you can come on by! I will probably be there helping out all (5?) days of the Convention at the booth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!   Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough! Empty

Back to top Go down

Toonstruck 2 will be released if you want it bad enough!
Page 1 of 1