Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 am

I just have finished Anacapri: The Dream and it has to be the King of the Photographic First Person Adventures. With over 4900 professional looking photographs it has to be the biggest game in terms of the size of the game world. Add to that puzzles that advance you and the excellent story you get an extra long adventure that leaves you wanting more and with an urge to visit this beautiful ancient Isle with a long history. If it wasn't for one puzzle near the end I would have enjoyed every minute of this adventure. This far exceeds the other adventures , all of which I thoroughly enjoyed also including

Golden Gate
Sterlings Gift
The Sydney Mystery
The Last few Carol Reed games since Mikael abandoned the water color filters.

Are there any more I may have missed? I am now giving A Quite Weekend in Capri another go and I feel that once I have finished it I will be able to get a job as a tour guide on the Isle of Capri. Anyone know if the creators might be working on something new?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 am

Over 4900 pictures is a staggering amount of photos for a game.

I think the creators were working on a causal game. I don't know if they have finished it or if they are currently working on another adventure.

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:55 am

Oh NO!!!! Not The "C" Word
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:03 am

Yes I'm afraid the 'C' word. I will try to discover if they are working on an adventure game.

hatshepsut

Swashbuckling Globetrotter

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:03 pm

"It is, to the best of my knowledge, the biggest point-and-click, real-world-image game ever created. Sadly, in all other respects, it gives even the least of its peers nothing to aspire to." Four Fat Chicks

"In terms of fun and comprehensibility, this game deserves a D/F but some of the features lift it slightly. I’d give it a C-/D+." Just Adventure

"Despite the incredible scenery, this level of dedication was not extended to the rest of the game's elements, seriously hurting its credibility in a commercial marketplace." Adventure Gamers
No wonder they are working on a casual game now.
(For the sake of completeness: Metzomagic gave it 4 stars)
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:34 pm

lol! lol! lol!

I am sure glad I don't like reading reviews of games and movies. I would have missed out on numerous games and movies that I enjoyed very much if I did.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

I am with you GF. If I listened to the opinion of someone writing a review I would have missed out of a lot of games. I do wish the creators would make more games like these too..
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Hmm, I like reading reviews as they tell me many things about a game, but then I make up my own mind about it. For example, I care nothing at all about "incredible scenery" or any "real-world" images in a game, but I do like "fun" so obviously I agree with the reviewers and know this game is not for me. Besides which it is a first person game, I believe?
Back to top Go down
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:08 am

Anacapri is one of my favorite games. The fact that 3 major AG sites write nonsense reviews about it says enough for me. The quotes didn't address any gameplay elements, the reviewers apparently just happened to dislike the game.
Sometimes I like to read reviews, but only fot laughs.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 am

You read study my reviews for laughs Why I am shocked

hatshepsut

Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 am

lol Hats..I do have to say ..I do like your reviews mostly because you and I pretty much like the same things in a game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 am

Thanks Ang I'm glad you liked them. I sure did like playing the games for them Very Happy

hats

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:50 am

hatshepsut wrote:
You read study my reviews for laughs Why I am shocked
Very Happy Don't stop writing them!
I've written a few myself, and most probably don't agree with mine either.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:20 pm

HandsFree I hope you keep writing reviews, I like reading them. Maybe you could write a review for Anacapri. Smile

hatshepsut

Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Hmm, I'm thinking that maybe "nonsense reviews" are those that someone doesn't agree with, otherwise they would make perfect sense to that person, wouldn't they? As for laughs, I would think a person would check out the comic strips rather than reviews of any kind.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
HandsFree I hope you keep writing reviews, I like reading them. Maybe you could write a review for Anacapri.
It's been too long sincs I played Anacapri.
If I play a game that has no reviews in the database, I might try one. (hey, I'm playing one like that right now).
mindysue wrote:
Hmm, I'm thinking that maybe "nonsense reviews" are those that someone doesn't agree with, otherwise they would make perfect sense to that person, wouldn't they?
I don't think a reviewer should say that a game isn't fun. That is non-information that is harmfull to the people who worked on the game, and to the players that may enjoy it.

For instance, I've read several threads where people asked for suggestions on scary games. Everytime Darkness Within is recommended the OP says something like 'I read the review and think I'll give this one a miss'. And this game is recommended quite often, so there must be many people that like it.
It is even rumoured that some developers don't want to make AG's anymore because of the harsh and sometimes unfair critisism (don't know if that's true, but if I had made a game like Anacapri only to see reviewers discourage players from buying it, I would go casual too).
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 pm

HandsFree wrote:
........ but if I had made a game like Anacapri only to see reviewers discourage players from buying it, I would go casual too).

I agree.

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:12 pm

HandsFree I look forward to reading the review of the game you are playing if you decide to write it.

I do agree with you. It sometimes seems that review rs go out their way to say things that hurt the game and the developer. And that does hurt us the adventure player by not having games developed. I have read reviews that I have cringed for the developer and thought if it had been me I would never developer another game.

I've also seen the threads where people said they would pass on recommend games because they read the review. I thought that was to bad because they were missing a pretty good game.

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 pm

When I am finished with A Quiet Weekend in Capri I am, out of curiosity, going to read those reviews to see how they compare to my feelings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures   Today at 9:19 am

Back to top Go down

Anacapri: The Dream - King of the Photography Adventures
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1