Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Weh-hey!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Weh-hey!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:52 am

British Summertime has just arrived! Very Happy

One hour less sleep for me tonight. Sad

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:03 am

Gelert wrote:

One hour less sleep for me tonight. Sad

Yes but just think how good it will feel to have an hour more of sunlight tomorrow night
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:10 am

I'm still trying to get used to the time change. The extra sun light is nice sunny

hatshepsut

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Just got up. 1 p.m.. Think I overcompensated. Oops! lol!

An Adventurer's strength flows from the Point'n'Click Force.But beware The Dark Side my friend.Anger,rage,aggression.The dark side of the gaming Force are they.Easily they flow,quick to join you in a fight.If once you start down the dark path of RPGs, Action-Adventures or . . eek! . . Casual Games (brrr!),forever will it dominate your destiny.Consume you it will,as it did Ethel,of whom we dare not speak for fear of instant expulsion from our true faith of Point'n'Click.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:32 pm

We got our Daylight Savings Time back on Sun, March 20th this year - so yours comes a week later (in the UK) than ours (in the USA)?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:58 pm

No idea if that's always the case. Must be. I wonder if we change back a week later than you too. scratch

Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 am

Lucky you Gelert, you got to enjoy that extra hour a bit longer than we did. I hope you enjoyed sleeping in Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Starting in 2007, the US added almost a month to the daylight saving schedule, supposedly for energy conservation reasons. DST now starts on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November. From the mid 1980s to 2006, it was the first Sunday in April to the last Sunday in October. My digital alarm clock automatically sets itself to the old schedule, which means I have to change the time zone for two weeks at either end in order for it to display the correct time.

When I was working, springing ahead used to really knock me out for a week or so until my body adjusted to getting up an hour earlier (5:00 instead of 6:00 AM), but I loved gaining the extra hour of morning's sleep in the fall. Now that I'm retired, it doesn't bother me much either way except that during the first week I often say, "Is it time for Jeopardy/dinner/bed already?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weh-hey!   Today at 9:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Weh-hey!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: