Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)   Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers) EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 pm

I just finished a replay of Atlantis Evolution. I had forgotten a lot about this game since my first play back in 2004. The only thing I have to say is..."What Were They Thinking?". In the places where they should have had adventure puzzles they put in numerous arcade games. Wasn't this part of the Atlantis game series that had some decent puzzles? It was almost like this was the teams first adventure game and the only thing they could come up with was arcade games to advance the game. Geesh...did they even have Beta tester that were experienced adventure gamers? It actually was kind of ridiculous when the game progress was going good only to be interrupted with a game of
Spoiler:
Good Grief! What Were They Thinking?
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)   Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers) EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:12 am

I think their problem is that they *weren't* thinking king
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)   Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers) EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:18 am

GreyFuss tour question has a yes and no answer. Cryo Interactive Entertainment developed and published the first Atlantis games in the series:

Atlantis the Lost Tales and all the Beyond Atlantis games. Cryo Interactive Entertainment went out of business after the last Beyond Atlantis game was released.

In 2003 several members of the Cryo team got together and formed Atlantis Interactive Entertainment. They developed and released Atlantis Evolution in 2004 followed by The Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy in 2006.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)   Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers) EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks for the info Hats. The members of the Cryo team that got together for this game must have been the doorman and janitor because the question still is "What were they Thinking?". At the very least they must have learned something if the same group created Secrets of Atlantis as this was a much better adventure game.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)   Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers) EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 pm

You are welcome GreyFuss. It does make one wonder what were they thinking. I think they got in a hurry trying to get a new Atlantis game out before the market for Atlantis games cooled off. Being in a big hurry ( the development and release of Atlantis Evolution only took a year ) they rushed the development and didn't really think it through.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)   Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Atlantis Evolution...What Were They Thinking??? (Possible Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1