Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Phobos: 1953

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Yes maybe we can play together for a while. Although coming from the UK I don't expect delivery before the second or third week of Aug. Smile

hatshepsut

Speculative Fortune-Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Since there is now no firm release date, (nor any other UK sellers even offering a pre-order) I went ahead and contacted the seller to request a cancellation.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks for letting us know Camaro. This is very disappointing news. I guess I might have to go for the download after all Sad

hatshepsut

Speculative Fortune-Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:12 am

According to the seller's description the release date (per the publisher, note now subject to change) when I placed the order was July 27. It has now been moved up to Aug. 10. This makes me a bit suspicious as to when or if at all. On many occasions I have pre-ordered games under the premise that I wouldn't be charged until the game was actually shipped which is the policy of Amazon and its storefront affiliates as well as various other UK sellers that I have happily conducted business with in the past. In this case case though, the seller readily accepted my payment even though he/she did not actually have the product in hand to sell. For the most part, all of my transactions with ebay have been successful and trouble free, but still one must be wary..
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:45 am

That's really strange, and rather unpleasant.
For what concerns Italian version, last week I found it at a lower price (22, 80 EUR) on Amazon.it and made my order. Actually I wasn't charged yet, and I received a confirm of my order stating that the game would be released by Deep Silver on the 3rd of August and I would receive it between the 8th and the 10th of the month.
The strangest thing is that no Italian version was ever announced or advertised on gamers websites; it never had a foreword...
Let's see... scratch

Edit (August 15th):
I had a mail from Amazon.it stating that Phobos' release would be delayed until September... ok, I'll keep waiting; I couldn't play anyway, heath in Rome is unbearable pale
Back to top Go down
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Anyone played the game yet? What's the general consensus? AG gave it a good review, but there have been some comments that the game is not enjoyable. I'd like some more info prior to buying it.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:59 pm

For me the game was nothing special. It was short and the game takes place in a very small area so exploration is limited. However it was an adventure and if you don't expect alot or in your case Colpet, starving for a first person game, then it may be worth your time. I also think that the $24.99 price at JA for a boxed copy is a bit high (don't think it is available anywhere else) and I am also not sure if there is still an Online activation with these JA boxed releases. Their download price of $14.99 seems more appropriate for a boxed game or maybe $19.99. Of course all this is my own opinion and your results may be better. I do hope someone will post that enjoyed the game to compare my own experience with.
Back to top Go down
Maquis
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:54 am

I'm confused. Is this the same as that 1953 KGB game? I thought that was already out.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 am

Hi Maquis welcome to Adventure Point Smile

Yes Phobis 1953 is the same game as 1953 KGB Unleashed. It was released several weeks ago Smile

hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Today at 6:26 am

Back to top Go down

Phobos: 1953
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4