Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivor: South Pacific

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Survivor: South Pacific Empty
PostSubject: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Survivor: South Pacific season 23 first episode on tonight. And Coach is back.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:28 am

I watched parts of the 1st season Hats , & I never did watch it again . Then again , I think I did tune in from time to time since then .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:36 am

Hi Faust

Watch this season with us. We have fun talking about the shows and sometimes we even have a good rant Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:00 am

Its no secret that I am not a fan of a player returning let alone returning twice and worse 3 or 4 times so I won't once again belabor that rant but Coach and Ozzy? Come on, neither of the guys were good players in each of their 2 previous seasons. Coach had no game at all either physical or strategic...is that all they could come up with. And Ozzy? Although he did a great job in a lot of challenges lets not forget how in his first season Yul had sat back and Ozzy win some of them when he knew Ozzy was going to win it so that the target would remain on Ozzy one of his alliance members. And fans have forget that it was Ozzy who in his first season orchestrated one of the worst strategic moves in Survivor history. In a season which started with 4 tribes of only 5 players each, he convinced his tribe to throw the first immunity challenge so he could vote off Billy Garcia because he didn't like him and thought he would be dead weight. His tribe was decimated after that. He was the only one left and if it weren't for Yuls masterful play of keeping Ozzy just long enough to benefit him then Ozzy would have been gone a lot earlier. Then in his second season he was voted out with an Idol in his hands. Point is they brought back 2 players that have absolutely no strategic Survivor play. Couldn't they have found someone who at least is a player?

Another rant, but short...I don't like the idea of the redemption island and a returning player getting back into the game. I don't see this any different in this and letting the 2 quitters stay on the jury in season 21 Nicaragua.

Sure is a beautiful place though. Great scenery and isn't that water the prettiest you have seen? Sure love those tough challenges right off the bat to zap the players of any energy they might have had before the game started. That and the lack of food and water this early will get most of their game and become cranky . And whats up with that Christine "they are only temporary players". Its OK to think things but does she really think that saying it out loud is going to help her game? Then the first thing she does back in camp is start looking for the idol. She gave the excuse that she was going to search for firewood, a little premature since they don't have a way to start a fire yet. Coach noticed it. Didn't she watch what happened to Kristina last season when she started to play too hard too fast and Rob noticed her looking for the Idol immediately? She didn't last very long. Loved the 90 time on the first show. Gave us a chance to see more of both Tribes. Too bad every week isn't this long.

What did all of you think of the first episode?

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:04 am

I know your not a fan of bringing players back. But I like watching Coach he's very entertaining and maybe this time he'll play a game. I didn't know Ozzy. It was probably a popular by fans or something like that got them back on the show.

Yes to everything in your rant. I don't like Redemption Island. I think it takes away the integrity of the game. Why should anyone even try that hard to play the game if they get a second chance to play ? And if there are anymore crybaby quitters send them home.

That Pacific water and beach is one of the prettiest things I've seen. It made me wish I could be there sitting on the beach. If nothing else I'm going to enjoy that beautiful setting.

I loved those two hard puzzles. That was a great start. I hope the puzzles stay that good all the way through the season. I don't know what is with that Christine first she makes that statement then she starts looking for the immunity idol. I think she has not put herself in good standing with the rest of the tribe. Just my opinion but it seems like a bad move in the beginning to not at least give the impression of working together. I loved the longer time and which every episode would be longer.

I liked the first episode. I think it's off to a good start. I noticed that the tribe Ozzy is on seems more of a playing around and taking it easy instead of building a shelter or anything. While the tribe Coach was on seemed more focused on shelter and things like that. Is that one kid really Russel's son ? That will be interesting. I can hardly wait for Coach's reaction to that news.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:10 pm

That is Russell's nephew and does he really think that he could go 39 days being with these people 24/7 without ever taking his shirt off? It may be better to just fess up because when they do see those tattoos, and I believe they will, he is going to look worse than if everyone knows.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 am

Well Christine is voted out and off to Redemption Island crying all the way. What did she think when she so openly made enimies drom the very start.

And looks like that wasn't a very good move on Brandob's part. I wonder if anyone will trust him now when they find out he's Russels nephew ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 pm

To much time spent on Redemption Island. And what is with Christine ?
She seems to have an attitude. Has anyone ever won Survivor by playing alone and making enemies ?

Brandon scratch I think he's not to stable. Some hidden agendas maybe ? I don't think I would trust him.

I think I've seen more crying going on this season than all the other seasons I've watched put together.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:23 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
To much time spent on Redemption Island. .

hatshepsut

I was thinking the same thing Hats. Every episode I look at the clock and see that they used up 15 to 17 minutes of valuable time on something this is "NOT PART OF THE GAME" Most Survivor loyalists wish the show was longer and they have essentially shortened it to 45 minutes. Cut out the time for commercials and it is down to about a 35 minute show. Here is my suggestion the CBS powers as how to start the show.

The usual start of:

Probst: "Previously on Survivor...blah, blah, blah and on Redemption Island Christine out dueled Semphar for a chance to stay in the game."

As they do now, while Probst is talking they have short snippet clips of what happened last week they could show snippets of the Redemption Island duel. In 2 minutes they would be into "THE GAME" And further more with the waste of time in showing the duel the format could go back to having a Reward Challenge separate from the Immunity Challenge and the strategy that can be involved with that. Like who to take or make it a choice reward where what you don't pick the other tribe gets. Or they could have the winning tribe choose one member of the losing tribe to participate in the reward with them. Anything besides just having the reward and Immunity challenges together.

Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 pm

I love Survivor, I just can't say this enough.

Love it when we have strategy, even if its only talking about it it is fun to watch. Jim and Cochran's plan at targeting Ozzy squeeze is a very good one and looks to have Dawn on their side but they would need one more vote. Can't guess any of the other 2 (Keith or Whiteney) would switch.......or would one of them,...hmmm. If one of them would be willing to vote out Ozzy's squeeze to weaken his powers then why not just vote Ozzy out now after all they know he has the idol (bad mistake, Ozzy telling anyone) The blindside not only would they be getting rid of an experience player that would be hard to beat if he makes the merge they would have got his idol out of the game. There is not a more compelling argument than to bring up Rob and last season to sway someone. Then the playing field would be level. What do you think.

My jaw hit the floor when after voting out Stacey Coach tells his tribe mates to give her a hug like she just lost her kitty. I am glad that Stacey shunned him...what a bone headed move. And on top of that who does he think he is, the god of his tribe and all the rest the followers of his word. I was laughing, too funny. I do agree with the vote though. For no other reason than she was tight with Christine before she left and if Christine managed to get back in the game could get back with Stacey and be a threat. This way only one will survive the redemption Duel.

Poor Brandon, he is so young (19) and naive. Add to that he is a tool. LOL. He will be easy for someone to use but can anyone take that chance now since he is so unstable? Anyone think he will make the merge?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Going after Ozzy would probably be chancey but I don't think he would see it coming so he wouldn't use the idol. I think going after Ozzy's squeeze would put him on the alert so going after Ozzy might be the better strategy. I think that Kieth just might go for it and if he does I think Whitney would go with Kieth. I think the playing field would be more level with Ozzy and the idol gone.

I don't know what Coach was thinking with that hugging business. It didn't work out to well. I do agree with the vote. I kind of like Coach's new more assertive self. He better be careful and not go to overboard.

Brandon oh boy. He is just to unstable and untrustworthy at this point I think. I don't think he'll make it to merge. I don't think he'll make it past next tribal. His breakdown at tribal was most awkward. He seems to be playing and trying to prove something for all the wrong reasons. Coach is right Brandon can't be trusted not to kick the pot over at the most inopportune moment.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Wow Ozzy

Good move?
Bad move?
or
Bold Move?

In any case it has been discovered that this was an option and probably in his plans before the season even started. Watch this pregame interview to hear him talk about making this exact move.

At the end of Jeff Probst comments check out the Ozzy Interview Part 1 and pay close attention to what he says in the latter part.

Ozzy Pre Game Interview
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 pm

It seemed like a really risky and unnecessary move for Ozzy to make. If Christine makes it to the merge she isn't going back to her old tribe. For Ozzy's plan to work everything would have to go in his favor. Game changer next week. Wonder what it is. Ozzy going home ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:13 pm

I know its tougher out there than we could ever imagine but why do so many players season after season wear their emotions on their sleeve. It certainly will only hurt any game play, take Christine's scorn of her former tribe mates at redemption island and her giving the finger. All that time alone on redemption doesn't she realize that if she does make it back in the game those could be the very people on the jury that she needs the votes from? And doesn't she also realize with all this time and the info she gets from others that spend time with her at redemption that if she does manage to get back in the game and switch tribes that she will be no better than the lowest member on that tribe and the probably the first to go if there only members of that tribe left in the game. And doesn't she also have enough time to think that what if her former tribe has the numbers when/if she returns and switching to the other tribe would only leave her to be picked off. She has probably ruined her chances of winning this game with her unnecessary actions at the duels towards her former tribe mates. Because she was the first on her tribe voted off and not being part of her tribe 24/7 for a few weeks she would not have really made that many enemies. Not like the ones who have to be with each other back at camp. Better she kept her mouth shut, be cordial, and attain some respect from them if she battled and won all those duels to get back. It looks to me and I don't think she realizes it, that she is only playing to stay in the game and not to win it.

What do youall think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Survivor: South Pacific   Survivor: South Pacific Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor: South Pacific
Page 1 of 1