Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm Well On My Way....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

I'm Well On My Way.... Empty
PostSubject: I'm Well On My Way....   I'm Well On My Way.... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:32 pm

To good health, I hope. Well our new treadmill came yesterday and I love it. Hubby and I put it together ourselves, it didn't take much, all we had to do was put the side grips on. I used it today and boy am I out of shape. I only managed to get 10 mins. till my legs started burning and aching. I'm going to give it another 10 mins. later on today. This treadmill is great, it's so sturdy that hubby can even use it when he can't get outside to walk. We had to get this treadmill because I'm starting to have trouble breathing and it's probably because my lungs are shrinking from not being used. Or because as my doctor would tell me, "you're getting old".

We are going to get a setup in the basement so we can watch programs on tv while we walk. There are these dvds you can get for walking of wooded areas all over the world. Third best money spent and for a very worthy cause sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: I'm Well On My Way....   I'm Well On My Way.... EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Sounds good StarLite Enjoy your walks Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: I'm Well On My Way....   I'm Well On My Way.... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:48 am

My mom ordered a treadmill (from Costco I think) that was delivered a year or so ago. They just left the huge box next to the garage. Unfortunately, there is a steep flight of stairs to the front door so my mom and I had a heck of a time getting the pieces up. The base piece alone had to have weighed over 100 pounds with no way of taking it apart further. Well, somehow we got it up and into the room my mom wanted it in. Putting it together was another challenge...took us all evening with a few choice cuss words thrown in, LOL. We couldn't get 100% of the screws tightened as much as the manual said we should, but it's been working fine until now, and my mom feels blessed to have it to use.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: I'm Well On My Way....   I'm Well On My Way.... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:56 pm

What an awful thing for Costco to do. We were lucky, the guys who delivered ours asked where we wanted it, so I asked if they would mind taking it downstairs. They even pushed it over to the area where we were going to use it. This is a heavy one too, it weighs 300lbs. If it has to be serviced they come to your house.

I love it. I've used it for 3 days now. I tried to walk for 15 mins yesterday and it was a bit too much, so hubby told me to drop it back to 10 mins. I know that doesn't seem like much, but when you are sedentary for years it is a lot. My hips started aching and burning, so had to cut it back. I'll up it to 15 mins. next week. My pulse was really good, as soon as I got on it my pulse read 79. I do feel better though. The first day I used it, I went outside and raked the lawn and then dragged out the Halloween decorations and put some out. That weird dry cough I had doesn't bother me as much either. So here's to good health when you can get it I'm Well On My Way.... 32961
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: I'm Well On My Way....   I'm Well On My Way.... EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Whew 300l bds I'm glad the guys carried it in for you.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Well On My Way....   I'm Well On My Way.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Well On My Way....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: