Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Book of Unwritten Tales

Go down 
+2
AngDMC
Draclvr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

The Book of Unwritten Tales Empty
PostSubject: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:55 pm

I couldn't find any posts about this great game, so wondered if anyone else is playing it... I haven't had an adventure game interest or "grab" me for years. But his one has not only grabbed me, but thrown me into it and made me laugh. I must say I think it has the best voice acting I've seen in any game. It's gorgeous visually, has great puzzles and dialogue and is just an excellent game all around. The references to the gaming world and the asides directly to you, the player, are so darned funny. A sequence with two guys playing an RPG and having the "Server" go down all the time had me laughing out loud.

The game is long, but never boring, and has 3 characters you alternate playing with. I recommend this one very highly!
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:01 am

Hi Drac..Where did you purchase it? Couldn't find it at Interact!

EDIT..Never mind...Smile I see it at Amazon.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:34 am

Its right here Ang

Interact

Glad you liked it Draclvr, took me ten minutes of the demo to know it wasn't for me Laughing
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 4:54 am

I did get it at Interact, Ang. I remember that I had to enter the name of the game exactly.

I'm sorry it wasn't your cup of tea, Greyfuss.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Thanks. I thought I put the name in correctly. Guess not. Smile
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:54 pm

I just finished this game and really enjoyed it. So many puzzles, different locations, and the use of multiple characters made it especially enjoyable. It reminded me somewhat of Simon the Sorcerer (my favorite game) with the termites and mention of milrith. This is a game I will play over and over, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Finished this last evening and thanks to the search button I noticed this game had its own thread here. Cool Aside from the rain dance arcade sequence, this was indeed an excellent game. You can tell the developers really put a lot into it. I thought all the references to RPGs were quite amusing and intentional; amassing the "set" for the orc contest, "leveling up" with the copper pots, and of course the driving force behind a MMORPG.
lol!

There is a LOT to do in the game, not surprisingly it took me around 22 hours to play so I guess you can say you get your monies worth. For those who lack exceptional hand-eye coordination the rain dance can be very frustrating. Since I found an easy work-around I won't be too harsh, but from what I've read on that subject/issue I believe the developers got the message. For posterity I uploaded a short video to remind me of why I thought some of the writing made me chuckle. Laughing

Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:28 pm

Found a easy work around for the dance? Just curious.. since I just finished the game.. and yes the dance took me a few times... lol to get it right... put in spoilers your easy work around please
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:48 am

Hmm, I guess the button that displays Video doesn't actually accept videos. silent

Oh, yes, about the work- around. Easy enough, no need to use spoilers, just pass the neighbor's kid a couple bucks and you're home free. Laughing No, that solution only works on TV and in the movies. Rolling Eyes

OK,
Spoiler:
pirat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Book of Unwritten Tales   The Book of Unwritten Tales Empty

Back to top Go down

The Book of Unwritten Tales
Page 1 of 1