Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) Empty
PostSubject: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Good news from Auriond's team, makers of The Marionette, which can be seen ........

here ........
The Marionette page on Adventure Point

Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) F9025a90
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:50 pm

I really enjoyed playing The Marionette so I'm very glad to hear that there is another game being worked on. The story for Out of Time sounds really interesting. Will this be a horror type game or more of a paranormal type game?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 pm

I am always glad to see first time independent developers ambitiously move forward with their visions after their first game. We saw it with the Miller brothers (creators of Myst) and The Manhole. With Jonathon Boakes and The Displacement to name a couple. This new game by the makers of the Marionette is no different. The story, as described, seems to be interesting and adding 3D is very ambitious. I am anxious to hear and see more.

Since it is mentioned that the game will be commercial and episodic I am wondering how much game play there will be in each episode and, I assume this will be available as a digital download, how much. For those who dislike digital downloads or simply do not have a high speed connection or bandwidth, I wonder if the developer or publisher will make a disk version. If not for each individual episode but in the form of one complete game of all the episodes once they are released.

A couple of other wonders are

Point & Click?
360 Panning?
Fully Voiced?
Back to top Go down
auriond
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:02 am

Gelert kindly pointed me in the direction of this forum and the website in general, so first of all thank you Gelert for inviting me here. Smile

I'm glad to see that The Marionette and Out of Time have generated such interest here, even if Out of Time is only in pre-production at the moment. The Marionette was seriously the first attempt at a game for many of us on Team Effigy, so all this is very encouraging indeed and bodes well for the future Smile

To answer your questions:

hatshepsut - it will be more of a paranormal mystery. It may or may not have horror elements, but it was not conceived to be a horror game.

GreyFuss - Thank you, I only hope that we're not becoming TOO ambitious. Still, it's a step forward for us.

Because Out of Time is still in pre-production, we haven't set a price or anything like that yet. We do know that each episode will be about the length of The Marionette, and hopefully be a more or less self-contained story in its own right.

If we can find a practical way to print disk copies, we certainly will. I was actually exploring the option of disk copies for The Marionette, but the difficulty lies in the cost of printing - far too much for a freeware game. The advantage though is that members of Team Effigy are located all around the world, so now that we're going commercial we can afford to make physical copies.

Gameplay-wise and control-wise, we haven't worked out all the details so I would not like to make any promises at this point. Gameplay was one of the main weaknesses of The Marionette, so we're treading more carefully for Out of Time. It will definitely be fully voiced though, and in fact I'm currently working on voice-acting for The Marionette as well. So yes, both games will be fully voiced.

We have a development diary on our website, teameffigy.com, for anyone interested in the game development process. We'll be updating periodically with news and general game development ramblings, so watch this space and I'll bring you more info as we go along.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 am

Thanks for dropping by Auriond.

The prospect of voice acting is quite exciting for Out of Time, but certainly for The Marionette as well. I'll watch for this with interest.

Gelert. flower
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Hello Auriond

Nice of you to stop by to fill us in. Thanks for the information and the link to Out of Time. Looking forward to hearing more from you as you continue with your development.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:59 pm

I enjoyed The Marionette, and am looking forward to seeing what you do with Out of Time- thanks for the information. Keep us informed.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi auriond

Will there be timed sequences in Out of Time ? Will the episodes be different stories that conclude with each episode and flow into the next episode ? Or will it be more like a cliffhanger that flows into the next episode.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
auriond
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 2:59 am

Thanks everyone!

hatshepsut: That's a reference to the notorious timed sequences in The Marionette, isn't it? Smile Well, it depends on the storyline. We'll try to avoid them if possible, since I know people generally aren't too fond of them, but there might scenes or puzzles that naturally require timers.

As for the flow between episodes, it is all one storyline. The episodes will end at "natural" cliffhangers, i.e. after some kind of climax, but with a teaser kind of cliffhanger for the next episode. We'll definitely try to keep the interval between episodes as short as possible.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:27 am

Hi auriond,

yes that was a reference to the notorius timed sequences Smile . It took me awhile to figure out what I supposed to do. They were very good sequences. Made me think what do I need to do. I like that. I don't mind those kind of puzzles or timed sequences.

The episodes ending with a natural cliffhangar teaser cliffhanger sounds great. So we might guess what the ending will be but we won't really know till the last episode.

And at this time you are thinking that it will be about four episodes?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
auriond
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:34 am

Three or four. I can't confirm it right now, but I'll post here again once we have worked out the details.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:38 am

Thank you auriond. Please do keep us informed. After playing The Marionette I am really looking forward to Out of Time.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
auriond
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 am

My colleague, Khyle, has written an article discussing the pros and cons of an episodic approach. You might be interested to know that the "adventure-gaming enthusiast" mentioned is none other than Gelert of this website. Smile

http://www.teameffigy.com/?p=48
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks for the link to Khye's article. It was interesting and informative. I think it laid to rest any concerns I had about Out of Time being an episodic game. I think we are going to be in for a very good gameplay with Out of Time. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi auriond. I read the article. It certainly leaves me more open minded about the episodic format than I had been before. I completely agree with the principle of short time periods between episodes and, if the game is suited to episodic release, then ............. I can't wait to see what happens. Looking forward to it immensely.

Keep in touch.

Gelert. flower
Back to top Go down
auriond
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:10 am

Another update: this time detailing the design of the main character, Travis Walker.

http://www.teameffigy.com/?p=96
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:31 am

Thanks for the update auriond. Travis looks good. I like the look and I love those red sneakers. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:34 am

Travis looks cooool man! afro
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:43 am

Travis does look cool doesn't he. Just the kind of character that you really care about.

hatshepsut farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)   Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Makers of The Marionette are at it again ........ :-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: