Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dtp Files for Bankruptcy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

dtp Files for Bankruptcy Empty
PostSubject: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:08 pm

More sad news from the game industry dpt Entertainment AG has filed for bankruptcy. dpt is one of the leading German publishers. They were publishing Memeto Mori 2 and Haunted to name just a couple. Founded in 1995 they have published a long list of adventure games including sush titles as Gray Matter, Black Mirror II, Memento Mori and So Blonde. Cranberry Studios and House of Tales are subsidiaries of dpt.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:37 pm

They are still active though. They have announced that they will publish all the games, which were planned. In twitter there is also frequent activity.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks tsampikos I hope they do publish the games that were planned. There are several that I've been looking forward to.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:36 am

Memento Mori 2 and Haunted were both titles I was looking forward to. This game business is really getting chaotic and uncertain, both for development houses and publishers. I hope it all works out in the end.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:53 am

I was really looking forward to Memento Mori 2 and Haunted also. Hopefully they will get released in English. Hopefully it will work out for dpt.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:26 am

I don't know if I'm asking anything personal or security related, but does anyone know what triggered off this bankruptcy issue with them (curious)?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Probably the same reason or reasons that others have gone bankrupt recently . The bad economy all over , translates to low sales . Companies that don't make enough money do what DTP and others have done .
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:52 am

I think developers and publishers that are involved in adventure games are especially vulnerable due to the (usually) constrained number of sales made. Any game that gets excessively pirated can destroy profits and lead a small developer or struggling publisher to bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dtp Files for Bankruptcy   dtp Files for Bankruptcy Empty

Back to top Go down

dtp Files for Bankruptcy
Page 1 of 1