Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Killing

Go down 
+2
hatshepsut
StarLite Moon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: The Killing   The Killing EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Good day fellow gamers. I was wondering if anyone else watched this tv show on AMC. We've been following it from the beginning. Wow, what an ending. I won't spoil anything in case someone hasn't seen the end but it was great. I couldn't believe the stupid ending they tried to pass off on us. Thank goodness for the internet. All the fans of the show flooded them in outrage which forced them to do a better ending. There is only one thing I wasn't happen with

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:24 am

I'm sorry StarLite I haven't watched this show.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 1:30 am

It was an excellent show for us, the last few episodes had a lot of twists and turns to it and when we found out who the real killer was, we were shocked. If you like murder mysteries you might like this one. Maybe you should check out some of the trailers on YouTube first sunny
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 am

StarLite Moon wrote:
It was an excellent show for us, the last few episodes had a lot of twists and turns to it and when we found out who the real killer was, we were shocked. If you like murder mysteries you might like this one. Maybe you should check out some of the trailers on YouTube first sunny

Years ago when I was about in my late teens - early 30's, I used to go visit my great aunt whose daughter and she belonged to a book club where they'd take out books whose subject matter was murder mysteries, the aunt and daughter'd read these books b/c it invigorated them, I think.

Murder mysteries was this great aunt's reading material, too. She thrived on them.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 6:46 am

Thanks StarLite I'll check out the trailers. I do like a good mystery Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 am

Yes mysteries sure do have something attractive about them sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 2:36 am

Yes they do. I like to try figuring out the end. I don't know which I like better figuring out the end or having a twist that takes me by surprise. I just watched The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo that had an ending I didn't see coming. A really good movie.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:22 am

I seen that movie too, she looked like she was going to go after the guys girlfriend at the end. I started writing a digital comic book you might like called Beyond The Newsroom. It was going to be a game but I wasn't happy with it as a game so I am turning it into a digital comic sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:16 am

A digital comic sounds really interesting.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 10:33 am

StarLite Moon wrote:
I seen that movie too, she looked like she was going to go after the guys girlfriend at the end. I started writing a digital comic book you might like called Beyond The Newsroom. It was going to be a game but I wasn't happy with it as a game so I am turning it into a digital comic sunny

Ooooo, Starlite! I didn't know you were into digital comics. Where are you getting all the pictures from?

Is it a cartoon or photo comic?

Is it just for your personal use only or are you posting it online (here or elsewhere)?

Is it going to be a single issue, multi issue or graphic novel (containing a bunch of chapters)?

Is this your new hobby or an old hobby?

What comic creating software are you using?
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Hi BZ, the pictures I will make myself with Daz, Bryce and do the postwork in Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. There are some excellent tutorials out there to show you how to turn pictures into comics

It will probably be cartoon type, computer graphic pics

It will be free and online for everyone who wants to read it. Possibly a download

It will be a single issue all one story, no to be continues. It The story will end

This will be an new hobby. I seen some excellent work done with Daz and Poser that people have turned into comic books

I don't have a comic book software, I found a tutorial on how to do it in Photoshop. I was thinking of using Wintermute game engine to use as a reader, so that if people don't finish the book they can save and go back to where they left off. Or I may look for a comic book software. Not sure about that yet. I still have to write the story and finish Hawk Manor before I start on graphics for a new project. I have a couple of movies I wanted to finish also. So much to do and not enough days left in life sunny
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:27 am

I've watched both seasons of 'The Killing' and liked the show. Season 1 took some patience to get into, the first few episodes were just okay in opinion. In fact, season 1 was a bit unbalanced. I thought season 2 was great though, lots of twists. Not sure if they will go ahead with a season 3 or now given the lower amount of viewers for season 2.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi lakerz, ya, it was touch and go for us too there for awhile with that show. I considered not bothering watching it, but then hubby said we don't have much else to watch. I couldn't believe the way they wanted to end it till people were up in arms. But I'm glad I stuck it out, I hope they keep going with it, there is still so much they can do. Do you watch Dexter or Breaking Bad. When we watched the first episode of BB we thought it was boring and didn't bother watching it again. Then hubby seen a post by some guy and he said to give it another go because he felt the same way we did and watched it because he had nothing else to watch and now it's one of his favorite shows too.

Not a reality fan, or talent show fan. I also like Person of Interest, Grimm, Once Upon A Time and Nurse Jackie. Or a good documentary. I like watching a lot of mach movies, some of those guys are really talented. Our PS3 is hooked up to our HDTV and is wifi so I can watch those movies there. Well I'm off, we're burning daylight here and I don't want to get side tracked. Take care for now and happy viewing sunny
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:23 am

I do watch Breaking Bad, it is one of my favorite shows. I like how crazy everything gets, the creator and writing team just keep thinking up insane plot twists. For me, the first episode totally had me hooked. Shoot, the first five minutes of the first episode had me hooked. Just crazy how the show starts out, LOL.

I've never seen Dexter, I might have to Netflix season 1 to see if I like it. I'm sure I will, the humor is supposed to be twisted. You and I are similar in that neither of us cares much for reality television. I figure I get enough reality just living my life, heh, so why spend hours every week watching more reality? I want to escape when I read a book, watch a show or movie, or play a game.

I tried watching Person of Interest but could not get into it. I do like Grimm though, looking forward to next season whenever it comes. I've been watching Fringe every season too. Too bad the next season is the last, just like Breaking Bad. I guess all stories must have an ending at some point, yes?
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:29 am

I love Breaking Bad. I don't have HBO but I have seen every Dexter...how can you love a killer?....But I do!!!
Looking forward to your comic book...you are one talented lady Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:04 am

Hi Win, how's the vacation on the lake going

I couldn't believe the end of the last Breaking Bad.

Spoiler:

I was dumbfounded. Hubby and I looked at each other the same time and said OMG. It was quite the ending. Can't wait to see what's next, it's back on here next week, we've got it flagged on the PVR already

Same with Dexter, I wonder what Deb is going to do now. He is quite the loveable character, it's not too often you root for the serial killer. Trinity was quite the character, OMG, talk about on the edge of your seat

The end of Grimm and Once Upon A Time was amazing as well. Not too crazy about Fringe, I don't like the main guy and girl, I love the old doctor but can't get past those other two

Anyone watch Dead Like Me, Walking Dead or The Wire. The Wire is a police show but it shows life from the police, the criminals, the lawyers sides etc. It might be worth a watch if you like police shows. Dead like was good, it's about reapers. It is mostly a comedy, you might be able to get them on Netflix, but I believe YouTube has the full episodes you can watch them there.

I know, Walking Dead, Zombies, I hate zombies but this show is also story driven, it isn't just killing or running away from zombies and the ending of that was unbelievable as well.

The comic book will come after Hawk Manor, maybe, I still have to finish writing it. I had to take some time off again because of this stupid back injury. That's what I get for sitting too long. I still have that movie to work on yet and I want to add a demo of my next game at the end of HM. I have that demo half made. I just have to create the main character and dress him then put him in position. There is so much I want to do.

Actually it's 8:50pm here and this is the first time I've had the computer on all day. I wrote a bunch of messages this morning on the laptop, went to the park with hubby for coffee, then went on the treadmill, did really good too, I got 20 minutes in then did some bands and felt pretty good. I've got to try to keep it up though. Well I'm off to make the rounds and see what kind of mischief I can get into. Take care everyone and happy viewing sunny
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 9:39 am

I will definitely have to check Dexter out on Netflix. I've heard too much good feedback about the show from everyone else. :-)

I do watch 'The Walking Dead'. I happen to like zombies quite a bit, so the show is a natural fit. I wasn't aware of the comic book source material, but I guess it is fairly popular also. New season this Fall I think?
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Lakerz...

Make sure you start with the very first year one episodes of Dexter. The first year set the character and his background. Subsequent years had definitive story lines that lasted the entire season, leading to at times shocking final episodes. It's really a great series.

JK
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:44 pm

lakerz have you seen The Walking Dead game series by telltalegames ?

You guys have mentioned some really interesting sounding shows. I'm trying to find the True Blood series to watch and The Tudors. I've heard that Dexter is really good too.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:14 am

Sometimes they show a lot of the shows on YouTube. I've seen the first episode of True Blood over there. Couldn't get into that one myself. We watched Sinbad tonight, that one looks promising, I'll give it another go. For the Breaking Bad fans it starts again this Sunday on AMC. Walking Dead starts sometime in October sunny
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 2:01 am

It's true, I have missed some great series that I need to catch up on with Netflix. Dexter, True Blood, Game of Thrones are three that I will at some point be putting to the top of my queue. Very Happy

I've read quite a bit abou the Telltale 'The Walking Dead' episodic games. No doubt, I'll purchase it at some point, probably the next time Steam has a hard to ignore sale price on the series.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:09 pm

We joined Netflix yesterday and I've got to say I'm loving it. Last night hubby and I watched Lilyhammer and a movie called Stolen which was pretty good. I won the rock, paper, scissors for the movie pick. $8.00 a month is not bad to pay, if you can even find a movie rental place these days movies cost that to rent especially if they're Blueray. And to rent movies from our cable company is around $5.00, so NF works out in the long run

Oh don't forget tonight Breaking Bad. Can't wait

Don't play too many games lately. I'm so busy with Hawk Manor and my tuts I just don't have the time. Yesterday all I did was type up letters for the game, I was so sick of typing yesterday. But today I'll be right back at it.

Well I've depleted my gift certificate from my win at Renderosity but got some great models. They had another contest over there which I didn't win, bummer, they were giving away a $25 gift certificate. I guess you can't win them all.

Haven't had breakfast yet so I'm off for some creamy oatmeal. Take care everyone and have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 6:45 pm

We have Redbox here in the states. They are like video vending machines with numerous convenient locations. It generally costs me $1.30 to rent (that includes tax). You can go online to reserve the movie you want or just go to the kiosk. Yesterday I reserved "Girl With a Dragon Tattoo" and "Gone" for only $2.07 total (they emailed me a fifty cent off coupon code) I went online and selected the location, found the movies I wanted and rented them with a credit card, then went to the kiosk, scanned that same card to identify the order, and had movies in hand. I have to return them by 9 pm tonite (at any redbox location). They have movies on DVD and BlueRay. I think it's a fantastic value!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:19 am

We use redbox too. It's really nice to rent two movies for less than the price of one at the video store.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:12 am

Whelp, I just read a blurb where AMC is deciding not to do a season 3 for 'The Killing'. No

Maybe a different network will buy the rights for the show now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Killing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Killing   The Killing Empty

Back to top Go down

The Killing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next