Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game Empty
PostSubject: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 4:35 am

Adventuregamers has a snippet on this new game that I had not heard of until now. Here is the link to the developers website to order:

http://www.space-asylum.com/mark_t_ross/

It is a FMV adventure game, and the price seems reasonable. I have way too many games on my plate right now to try it, but there is a small demo for anyone curious to see more.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 am

Thanks lakerz. I haven't heard of this game either. Sounds good and the price is reasonable.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Thanks Lakerz

Add me to the list of "I never knew". However when trying the Demo to see if it works all I get is a black screen with Options and Skip at the top of the screen after the Menu screen. Meet the recommended system specs and I updated my Video Drivers and Microsoft Net Framework as the FAQ's success on the games web site and also updated the DivX video software that seems to play the games video without change. Funny as it seems like I should be seeing the Intro Video at the black screen, I can play it from the games files but nothing happens. Anyone else have this problem or has had no problem before I try to contact the developer?
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:49 am

What a bummer GreyFuss! I read the FAQ also and saw the advice specifically targeted for those who see nothing but black when starting the game. Hmmmmmmm.....aren't computers wonderful?!? Evil or Very Mad

Not that it would help you all that much, but I am downloading the demo as I type this and will try to install on my (not so stable) Win Vista PC. I'll let you know what I see.

Edit: Well, I installed the game and ran it and encountered the same issue you have GreyFuss. I am also running an up to date version of .NET and up to date video card drivers on my Vista PC.

One thing I did notice, when I tried to run a video from the win explorer program, it gave an error message and pointed me to http://www.fourcc.org/codecs.php to download a codec. The problem is, I'm not sure which codec the game uses so I can download it. I sent them an email asking for this information.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:30 pm

That is to bad about the black screen. Hopefully the developer will get that problem fixed.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 3:36 pm

I have already heard back from the developer and he is currently working with me to try and find a solution. Apparently there are others with the same problem. He thinks it may be a Codex issue. Will keep you informed.
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:09 pm

I had no issues playing through the demo, so that's no help. silent As mentioned previously, it is indeed short. As much as I'm tempted, I'm not in a buying frenzy but I have bookmarked the site.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Camaro

Thanks for your input. Are you running Win 7?
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi GreyFuss

Yes I am running Win7.

I tried it on another machine and I can also affirm that the same problem persists on Vista. Go figure... No
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Thanks Camaro

I will pass this info on to the developer in case it helps.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:55 am

Sorry it took me a few days to respond back on this thread....work got in the way <ugh!>

I'm using Vista and have this issue. I got an email back from the dev who recommended I try downloading the flv player codec.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/flv_player.htm

Unfortunately, it did not help me. I even tried installing the newest version of the flv player (watch out for anyone else who does this as the install tries to put a bunch of spam toolbars with the install). This also did not clear up the black screen.

I give the developer kudos for trying his hardest to help people out though and remain hopeful. Vista just sucks as an OS, so I blame it ha ha ha. Looking forward to buying a new gaming PC in the next 2 years and moving on to I guess Windows 8.
Back to top Go down
Space Asylum
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptySun May 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Hello everybody

I’m Sylvain, one of the creators of this game Mark.T.Ross - A Private in Paris. I will update this thread to announce that we have completely reprogram this game is now called: Detective Ross - Episode 1: A PI in Paris. It is available for PC / MAC to this address: http://www.space-asylum.com/detective_ross/
There are no more bugs (including that of the black screen). We also simplify the gameplay and add mini-games. We apologize to those who bought the old version and have had bugs.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate.

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks for the update Space Asylum

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:04 am

That's great. I hope to get the chance to try out the new version soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game   Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris  FMV game Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark T. Ross - A Private In Paris FMV game
Page 1 of 1