Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FML Master of Dimensions

Go down 
+2
GreyFuss
Mullane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mullane
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Mullane

FML Master of Dimensions Empty
PostSubject: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:09 am

I recently bought a copy of Master of Dimensions. It arrived with a crack right through one of the cds. I tried to secure the crack and retrieve the data off it, but it exploded in the drive.

Can anyone help a guy out and burn me the second disc of this game?

EDIT: I apologise if I am breaking a rule here, but I am desperate (given the rarity and cost of this game).

EDIT 2: Problem solved.

Last edited by Mullane on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 am

Warning: This post contains graphic imagery.

FML Master of Dimensions DSCF0570
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 3:08 pm

Like to have helped you out but I don't have the game. How did you manage to get all those pieces out, take the drive out and give it a good shake?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 7:36 pm

Mullane that is the most graphic and frightening picture I've seen for a long time. I am glad that your problem has been solved. I've been desperate a few times over a game myself.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Getting the disc out.

First tried poking the hole below the drive to get the tray out. Didn't work.
Had to screwdriver the tray open. Mild success.
Then had to take the whole drive out. Gave it a shake. Pretty good results, but not all of it.
I end up having to take all the casing and shells off the drive and pick all the little bits out.
Good lesson in computer parts I guess.
Amazingly the drive still works.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:10 am

Yikes, that picture is frightening! I've heard horror stories about older cd's shattering inside the drives as they could not hold up to the newer driving spinning at a very high RPM. Your situation of course was different given the crack already in place. Glad to hear you got somebody to help you out there.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Mullane, I'm very curious - how did you manage to get the data off the shattered CD?
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 am

What a shame that such a rare CD broke like that.
I guess when you get a rare game like that, the best thing to do may be to copy the discs at a very slow speed and play from the copies. I remember doing that with my Sanitarium game after hearing it was prone to shattering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FML Master of Dimensions   FML Master of Dimensions Empty

Back to top Go down

FML Master of Dimensions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: