Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? Empty
PostSubject: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:38 am

Is Xing really being released in The Winter of 2012???

Quote :
Xing is a first-person atmospheric adventure game about a solo wanderer whose spaceship crashed on a mysterious island and who must then overcome puzzling obstacles to figure out his or her next move.

Watch the amazing Trailer HERE
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:30 am

Thanks for letting us know about Xing. Amazing trailer is an understatement GreyFuss. The graphics and soundtrack are incredible. This looks like a must have game Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
colpet
Wanderer's Apprentice
colpet

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Wow! This looks good. Thanks for the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 8:59 am

The only "Problem" is that this game is keyboard controlled (afaik) , which is unacceptable for a point'n'click 1st person adventure.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:09 am

Tsampikos

Did you see it somewhere that it was keyboard controlled only? I am with you about point and click. The only keyboard I can tolerate is is using the mouse for direction and the up arrow or w key for walking. Then you can just program one of the many buttons on the mouse for the keystroke and virtually make the game mouse controlled. On the games web site they state the game has Mouse/Keyboard controls so that is what I am hoping for.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:12 am

I can't remeber exactly, but I knew that Keyboard is involved in Xing, which I don't like. Mayebe I would do what you suggest Greyfuss.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:19 am

It does work great that way. If you haven't played Five Cores it works perfectly with that game. Depending on how many keystrokes a game has some mouse have several buttons you can program. For instance if you have to hit a key to open inventory. My mouse has an additional 4 buttons and the wheel that can be programed with whatever I like. Gives you a chance to enjoy some good games that are passed over because they aren't point & click.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:44 am

Here is what the preview at AG has to say...

Quote :
The free-roaming, full 3D environments are also a change from the usual first-person puzzlers, being controlled with the standard keyboard/mouse combination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???   Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Xing Coming Winter of 2012 ???
Page 1 of 1