Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody remember NiBiRu?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Anybody remember NiBiRu? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody remember NiBiRu?   Anybody remember NiBiRu? EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 6:06 pm

There is a new version of this old game, remade into a casual, hidden object, adventure game, Lost Civilization, that is very sweet. The main character is female this time, but the story of NiBiRu remains and it brought back some great memories for me. Those were the days, but this new mix of old and new was great to play all on its own. I even enjoyed watching the opening with the Icarus Games logo coming on, showing Icarus trying out his wings. Just in case one doesn't remember, Icarus was the Greek god who flew too close to the sun (after being warned not to do so, I think) and the wax wings melted. I'm not sure what happened next, but it wasn't anything good, I bet!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember NiBiRu?   Anybody remember NiBiRu? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:27 am

I remember NiBiRu. I loved that game.  I saw the casual and tried the demo. I was impressed and enjoyed it. Did you play the whole game mindysue ? {the casual } 

The ending for Icarus was definitely not good. When his wax wings melted he fell into the sea and drowned.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember NiBiRu?   Anybody remember NiBiRu? EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:07 pm

I not only played the whole game, but I liked it so much that I am replaying it! Now I wish more of the old adventure game makers would do the same thing and revamp their old, favorite games into the casual format. Methinks the mix of old and new works out very well indeed. Better than I would have expected if I hadn't played Lost Civilization.
About Icarus, my thanks, hatshepsut, for the news about the ending. I'm thinking that it is just too bad that he didn't know how to swim!
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember NiBiRu?   Anybody remember NiBiRu? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:33 pm

I just watched the gameplay on youtube, as I hadn't ever heard of this game. It either reminds me of Riddle of Master Lu or a Sherlock Holmes game. Is it?
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember NiBiRu?   Anybody remember NiBiRu? EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:05 pm

It's not like Sherlock Holmes, no detectives or murders. I don't know Riddle of Master Lu,, never played it. I would say it is more like Indiana Jones with archeologists looking for ancient artifacts. Old ruins, tunnels, temples and their mysteries.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody remember NiBiRu?   Anybody remember NiBiRu? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody remember NiBiRu?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: