Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A creepy Toonstruck 2 story

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

A creepy Toonstruck 2 story Empty
PostSubject: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 4:16 pm

A while ago, while I was anticipating the Toonstruck 2 release, I came up with this creepy story for the Creepypasta website:

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Toonstruck_2

Contains a lot of references to adventure games, feedback is welcome Very Happy

A creepy Toonstruck 2 story Char_55447
Back to top Go down
haroldw
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:05 pm

thanks for the info. Wikia and Toonstruck are all new to me, as well as Creepy Pasta.

but i like the original ideas. very creative. Really love your story and tried to get
a feel for what Toonstruck is - from your article.
I think everyone can relate to wanting a game that never got released. Nobody ever thought to write about it - you get high points for that.
Your story is surprisingly good. Even though I'm not part of this culture, it works for me. why - is anybodies guess ??
(I don't think anyone really knows why some things work and others don't.)

Great mixing of narration style, complicated plot twists, good spacing of pics and video, all tell me
that you know what you're doing (wish the pics were larger on roll-over, can't have every thing).

how do you categorize your story ?? is it Interactive fiction, is it traditional, will this become a series...

"Cutopian houses" -- now that's funny.
interesting video from actual game at end. Everything has that "other world" feel to it - cool.

Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 12:57 am

Toonstruck is yet another one of those older games that so far has slipped my mind to play. I've heard some very nice feedback on it. I wonder how hard it would be to get this older game working on a new PC?
Back to top Go down
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:47 am

Lakerz, you can play Toonstruck on any modern OS, thanks to a wonderful pice of software called ScummVM.
Download the latest version of ScummVM (1.7.0) and you can play Toonstruck right now.
If you have the game, that is.

P.S. I enjoyed playing Toonstruck, it's a magnificent game.
Back to top Go down
AdventFan
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 8:28 pm

haroldw wrote:
thanks for the info.  Wikia and Toonstruck are all new to me, as well as Creepy Pasta.

but i like the original ideas. very creative.  Really love your story and tried to get
a feel for what Toonstruck is - from your article.  
I think everyone can relate to wanting a game that never got released.  Nobody ever thought to write about it - you get high points for that.
Your story is surprisingly good.  Even though I'm not part of this culture, it works for me.  why - is anybodies guess ??    
(I don't think anyone really knows why some things work and others don't.)

Great mixing of narration style,  complicated plot twists, good spacing of pics and video, all tell me
that you know what you're doing (wish the pics were larger on roll-over,  can't have every thing).

how do you categorize your story ??  is it Interactive fiction,  is it traditional, will this become a series...

"Cutopian houses" -- now that's funny.
               interesting video from actual game at end.  Everything has that "other world" feel to it - cool.

Thank you, I really recommend playing Toonstruck, so you can see where many things in the story come from (btw, I've made some more changes, including new images). I'm not planning it as a series, but it could be interesting to make a fangame based on it Wink
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 3:50 am

zobraks - thanks for the tip. I keep forgetting about SCUMMVM. I do have the game, so will definitely give it a shot one of these days. Too much to play, not enough hours of the day to accomplish it all. What a Face
Back to top Go down
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 7:30 am

lakerz wrote:
zobraks - thanks for the tip. I keep forgetting about SCUMMVM.
You're welcome. I tested it 3 years ago and it works perfectly.

lakerz wrote:
Too much to play, not enough hours of the day to accomplish it all.  What a Face
I'm familiar with the feeling. pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A creepy Toonstruck 2 story   A creepy Toonstruck 2 story Empty

Back to top Go down

A creepy Toonstruck 2 story
Page 1 of 1