Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most precious game in your collection?

Go down 
+3
hatshepsut
mbday630
lakerz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Most precious game in your collection? Empty
PostSubject: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 1:05 am

Curious to see what everyone feels is the most prized game in their possession right now? When I say prized, it can have several meanings. I can see answers ranging from the game that a player has the fondest memories of and will always own a copy, to a very sought after collector game still bringing in the big bucks on ebay (I'm sure some still do), to perhaps a very obscure game that a person took much effort to track down and locate a copy. Who knows, maybe a combo of all the above?

For me, it might be a pristine unopened copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga for the Sega Saturn. I was a fan on console RPGs back in the day (still am), and this one was one of the most unique and enthralling. Not sure I would ever give up my copy unless I find myself in desperate financial straights. The game came out right when Sega Saturn was dying, so only a few thousand copies were made/sold for US market PAL version I think.

For the PC, I'm rather attached to the VOID game I finally got. I guess the only older ones that still hold value for me are the few with the coolest big box designs. A few I don't own but wish I did were the cool Gabriel Knight trapezoid big box version, the weird 3D Day of the Tentacle box version, the most excellent lotus flower Cosmology of Kyoto boxed version, and I think 11th Hour had a pretty cool box also.
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 5:05 pm

i rather like my 3 skulls of the toltecs game, and it was pretty hard to find. I'll never be without my Monkey island game disks. I still bring them out and play once in a while.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 4:36 pm

My most prized game is  D ( big box ). It was a little difficult to find . I'm also very fond of Alice in the original box which was also a bit difficult to find. Titanic and the 3 Gabriel knights are games I would never be without.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:51 am

It took me about a year to track down the Mac version of Obsidian, so I do prize that one. I also have several fairly rare games made only for the Mac: The Castle, Nightfall, Puppet Motel, and Derrat Sorcerum. The last one was my first experience with a third person game, which was very memorable.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:36 pm

Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection , in the original box . Probably my most prized game .
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:37 am

mbday630 - 3 skulls of the toltecs is indeed a hard one to find in the pristine box form. That was ironically one of the few times I ever got swindled on ebay. I bid around $100 for an unopened boxed version (so the seller said), sent my money, but never got the game. Filed a complaint with ebay, but of course that went nowhere. Lesson learned to choose the sellers carefully for a long history of positive feedback.

hatshepsut - I like that D box as well. I never owned the PC version, but I did have the Sega Saturn version. Did you ever play the sequel? Yeah, I'd say finding Alice in the original box is just a tad difficult as well, LOL. One of the few PC games to still draw some high $$ interest if I'm not mistaken.

Ms. Lady Kestrel - I remember you mentioning before that you had a nice exclusive Macintosh adventure collection. That's pretty cool, I wonder how many copies of those mac only games were made? Actually though, I think Puppet Motel has a PC version because I own a copy of that one.

Faust - I'll have to do a search to see what all comes with the Icewind Dale Ultimate Collection...sounds cool. Those Icewind Dale/Baldur's Gate games were classics. I own them as well but just the regular games not the collector's editions.

One thing I notice with the new console game AAA releases is they all have these limited edition collector versions which come in these huge boxes (or custom container like a chest) and charge up to $200 for the privilege of it all. Wowzers, that's a lot of dough for buying a custom edition Call of Duty or whatever. But I guess some of these special big box custom version with extra goodies end up going up in value a lot over the years. It's just a matter of figuring out which ones will do that. I never was too good at figuring all that out!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 2:49 pm

They are classics indeed . I still play the Icewind Dale series from time to time . The "Ultimate Collection" contains Icewind Dale , Icewind Dale : Heart of Winter , Icewind Dale II , the Icewind Dale sondtrack , map , strategy guides . Also , the Trials of the Luremaster level is included .
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:42 pm

That is terrible Lakerz that you got swindled. Some people are just asshats. Sad I don't even remember where I bought my game but definitely not from Ebay. Occasionally Mr. Bill would steer me in the direction of a fun hard-to-find game. He is always good at that. I pretty much have quit buying old games as I am not smart enough to figure out how to get them to run.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 8:21 pm

I loved RAMA and will never get rid of it. After that comes Obsidian,The Longest Journey and Vampire:The Masquerade Bloodlines to name a few. I have so many that mean something to me. So many with fabulous box art.I am not sure it is the rarest game I have but The Romantic Blue is up there.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:30 pm

No lakerz I've never owned or played the sequel. Yes I was very happy and proud to get Alice in such a nice box even though it was pricey. flower

Sorry about your bad ebay experience. Samething happened to me once. Now I only buy from from sellers I know or who have sold many many many items with a high positive rating.
hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Faust - Did you ever play the updated Baldurs Gate games that recently released? I think both part 1 and 2 got a snazzy graphical update to high resolution and maybe some added content as well? I haven't tried them out yet...one of these days.

mbday630 - yes, asshats abound in this world we live in. It pays to be cautious and skeptical when buying online. I learned my lesson well. As for playing older games, I'm also not the best at figuring all the settings out to get them to run. I have had quite a lot of success though using DosBox. Others sing the praises of SCUMMVM for playing older games that it supports. I'm never tried using programs like VMWare to run an older operating system on my new PC. That seems to be the only sure fire way to get the most troublesome games to run.

AngDMC - Vampire: The Masquerade games where one of many that I have yet to play. I've heard so many good things about them too. To this day, I've never come across another person who has a boxed copy of 'The Romantic Blue'. So I'd say that really is quite a rare game.

hatshepsut - I've never played D2 either. Heard it was decent. I think it released for Sega Dreamcast? I still have that old console system somewhere, so perhaps one day I can snag a copy of D2 and try it out. So many games, so little time.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 7:59 pm

lakerz yes I've heard D2 is a pretty good game also. I believe their were some improvements in gameplay made in D2. Yes I think D was first released on Sega Dreamcast. i wore my Sega out completely . D was also released on Playstation one.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyWed May 06, 2015 1:59 pm

Haven't had the chance yet lakerz , for the enhanced editions of both Baldurs Gate or Icewind Dale . I'm saving my money for upgrades so I can properly play Witcher 3 . I will play the enhanced editions of BG & IWD , someday :-)
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:07 am

Faust, I think we're witnessing the second coming of the RPG genre. There are so many fantastic titles out the past few years in the RPG or action/RPG area, it is impossible to play them all. One series I've missed out on is Witcher. I'd like to give the first game a shot at some point. I believe it is in my Steam library. I wish I could freeze time for say a decade and work my way through all the great unplayed games in my queue. I also have not tried any of the Dark Souls and derivatives yet. Kind of scared to start them given the notorious difficulty curve. But they look pretty sweet!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:46 pm

I have Steam myself , but try to avoid it if all possible , drm reasons , but I digress . I'd purchase The Witcher series direct from GOG . Drm free , and the money goes direct to the developers . Anyhow , I've played the first 2 Witcher games , the second being better than the first . They aren't for kids , that's for sure . The new Divinity game on GOG is one I'd love to play . The Elder Scrolls , the new online game excluded , are an excellent rpg series to play .
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 3:01 pm

I still have a soft spot for Zork. I love those old games. I guess it's the time they were made that I miss the most. I think I still have the last three Zorks made. Maybe some day I'll dust them off the give them a play sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:48 am

Many moons ago, I bought one or two of the Zork Anthology packs, collections of all their old games on one cd-rom. To be sure, nothing close to owning the original game with all the feelies and extras included. I have played a few text adventures before but was never good at figuring out what the game parser wanted of me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most precious game in your collection?   Most precious game in your collection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Most precious game in your collection?
Page 1 of 1