Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's On Your Agenda Today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

What's On Your Agenda Today Empty
PostSubject: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm curious as to how people spend their days, especially retirees. Today it is very dark and dreary here and calling for rain, since I did the treadmill yesterday I have the day off, so I will spend some of it till I get sick of sitting working on my game. I'm hoping to get it finished this year if all goes well.

So what are you up to today sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 6:00 pm

I've been doing spring cleaning this week so I'll be working on that later today. I have'nt done a major spring cleaning in a while so it's taking a long time time to get it done. I can't believe how much junk we have managed to accumulate.  Of course it helps if you don't go to second hand stores and garage sales. Yep you guessed it , earlier this morning we went to the second hand store and gand garage sales and dragged more stuff home.  lol

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Since we cleaned out mom's apartment after she passed we've become minimalists. Dragging all that junk to the bins just put me off collecting anything. Oh our sink exploded so hubby spent about two days replacing it. Poor thing I felt so bad I couldn't do much to help him except hand him tools. He used to be a plumber and he was amazed at how much things have changed in plumbing. Once the weather warms up we're going to tackle the basement and start tossing stuff.

You should see our computer room closet Hats, it's bare except for dads old guitar. But today, it's treadmill for 10-15 minutes, see how my foot holds up and maybe some vacuuming and computering. It's dreary again today here. Our outdoor task is picking up my neighbor's roof off the lawn. I'm really surprised it didn't cave in on their heads from the weight of the snow and ice. Well I'm off to get that treadmill in before I get too lazy to do it. Take care and hope you have a great weekend sunny
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 3:20 am

Well Starlite I may be fighting a losing battle/ Yard sales have started here and hubby and over the weekend hubby dragged home almost as much stuff as I just got rid of. lol

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 4:17 pm

OMG Hats, make hubby do the spring cleaning by himself, maybe he'll be less likely to bring more stuff home. I have the treadmill today, the vacuuming I missed the other day and clean the coffee table off. Why are coffee tables such junk magnets. Tomorrow we have the doctor, we both need medicines plus I have to get him to look at that foot again and hope this time he can get rid of the problem.

Easter Pete stopped by the other night with his girlfriend. That's just great, it won't be long before there'll be a bunch of little Petes running around out there. I hope not. Well hubby is off on his rounds and I'm off to the treadmill. Take care and hope you have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 9:38 pm

Hmm, I think I'm too lazy to have an agenda today.
I spent the morning reading reviews of a book and the reviews were so long and detailed that I now feel I don't need to read the book as I already know everything about it. About three quarters of the book was on slavery in the days before the Civil War and I already know plenty about how bad that was from reading Uncle Tom's Cabin when I was a kid all the way to Twelve Years A Slave last year. The part I didn't know was how slavery enabled the Southern cotton growers to raise most of the world's cotton so cheaply that King Cotton was strongly responsible for our Capitalist economy today. According to those reviews, back in those days, the eight richest states were seven Southern states and Connecticut where cotton was made into fabric! Now you don't have to read the book either. Just as well as the title was so long that I have forgotten it.
Have a happy agenda everyone.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 5:52 am

mindysue you really read some interesting books.It is an irony that the invention of the cotton gin not only contributed to the the industrial revolution but increased the demand for more slave labor.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:59 pm

Well herself is off to the doctor today for meds and to have him look at my foot and this time when he tells me to come back next week I'm doing it. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy. It's a beautiful day here today, the sky is a beautiful blue, the birds are all over the feeder. Tomorrow if it doesn't rain hubby and I are raking the neighbor's roof off our front lawn. Good thing I'm not like this, I said to hubby and he disagreed that we should pack the roof up in an envelope and put it in his mailbox.

I honestly don't know what people are thinking, your home is supposed to be your sanctuary and it's my understanding that the roof is the most important thing on a house. Our other neighbor's roof is starting to go too, so hubby told him about it the other day. He takes good care of his house. He didn't know about his roof and was grateful hubby let him know.

Well I'm off to get ready to go to the doctor. I never did get that vacuuming in, oh well there's always tomorrow. Can someone explain to me why there are two u's in vacuum. I hate the english language with a passion. Oh well, will keep you posted on the doctor's appointment. Take care everyone and have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 4:46 am

Most days I will spend the 9-5 (or 11-5 in my case he he) focusing on my investments and making sure my investments are okay and will research new investments as well. During the evenings I will either go out on walks or out to dinner with friends. Night time is either gaming or watching movies or reading a book. Very exciting stuff! :-)
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 3:39 pm

It is sunny here today so hubby and I are out in the yard cleaning up. I wanted to cut my roses back today, didn't want to do it when it was chilly. I do hope they come back again this year. I spent a couple of wasted days looking at paradise properties, but we don't want to move till this house is paid off, if all goes well that will be in about 3-4 years. The rest of the day will probably be stuck in front of the tv playing the PS2 or working on my game. Haven't decided yet, but I know there's a coffee working it's way in there sometime today. Well good folks I'm off, hope everyone has a great relaxing day. sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's On Your Agenda Today   What's On Your Agenda Today Empty

Back to top Go down

What's On Your Agenda Today
Page 1 of 1