Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy New Year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Happy New Year   Happy New Year EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:55 pm

Good day good folks, sorry it's so late in the month but I hope everyone celebrating had a wonderful Xmas and New Year. Hubby and I had a bit of flu 3 days before Xmas, glad it went before our Xmas dinner.

Not much in the way of snow here, we had one downfall and of course it had to rain making the snow heavy to move with a shovel, thank goodness for the old blower. It's raining today and it's awful, dark and dreary, sleeping weather or curl up on a couch with a good book weather. We both put on 4 lbs at Xmas and discovered that sweets are a thing of the past for us, we just can't eat them anymore.

We went to the doctor Friday, my BP is up because I ran out of BP meds, I hope it comes back down. Still working on Hawk Manor and quite frankly getting sick of the sight of it. I just have to play it through now to see if it runs without a hitch. Not sure if I'm going to keep going making games or give up. But I like doing them when everything goes right, it gives me something to do. Well it's brekkie time for me so I'm off. Here's hoping everyone has a great year this time around. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi Starlite Moon,
I have missed reading your posts, so I'm happy you are back. I do like hearing what you are up to with all your many interests.
I am sorry about you getting tired of Hawk Manor, just as you are getting so close to finishing it. I know it has been quite a long journey with many problems along the way and I can see why one could be "sick of the sight of it" as you said, by now.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi Mindysue, making games is a love hate relationship, I finally found something I hate more than coding and that's testing. When you find a flaw in the game you have to play the whole thing over again when you fix the mistake. That's why I hate the game so much, I've played it over and over so many times. And that's not the best of it, I have to play it on two other computers. I'm going to test it today and if it runs without a problem then I'll upload it. Not sure if you want to play it though, it's a horror/supernatural game.

I'm still doing tag tutorials to make jigsaw puzzles from. At least I still love doing those. I will probably still make games, when everything goes right I love doing it especially when people enjoy playing them.

Well I've got the treadmill today, I haven't had my breakfast yet, hubby says I'm not allowed bacon until my BP comes down, bummer. I love bacon. So that's me off then, I hope you have a great day sunny
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 5:49 pm

Wow, Starlite Moon,
I'm amazed at how much really hard work goes into making a game and to do it all by yourself sounds next to impossible to me. For one thing, checking out the game for flaws over-and-over is something that one needs help with, for the plain and simple reason that the creator will miss something that will be obvious to someone playing the game for the first time. That's where editors and beta-testers enter the scene.

Hard as I try to avoid making typos, some still sneak by me! I keep catching them when I reread some of my posts at a later time. I'm always surprised when it happens because I would have sworn that the post was perfect before I sent it. My typing isn't that good so I'm always checking and rechecking as I go along, but ... and even in published books that I read I will find that a typo has crept in (I'm a slow reader as I read periods, commas, capital letters as well as the words!) and I know that editors have done their best to carefully check everything out.

Maybe it might be a good idea to give yourself a vacation from the game for several weeks and then come back to it with a more relaxed frame of mind. You know, when the love might be a lot stronger than the hate.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:54 pm

Good day Mindysue, well we got our second snow storm today, looks like it's the old snow blower tonight. This is good, just like coding I don't mind shoveling snow if it's light not a big fan of the wet snow.

I started replaying HM yesterday got half way through, it seems to work out better when playing the game in stages, so far no problems, but it's still only early yet.

On the plus side my BP came down to 124/82 which is perfect so I was able to have some bacon this morning for breakfast. Sorry but I love my bacon. Not sure what to do today, I did most of the house cleaning, nothing else I can do there.

Yes, making a game is a lot of work especially if it's a big game, I wish some people would realize that before they start trashing your work in to the ground. First thing that has to be done is to write the story, then make the graphics, and there you are looking at not only scenery but items, objects, and characters. There are close to 2000 objects and items in Hawk Manor and about 180 rooms. So yes it is a lot of work. I would have finished sooner if my time hadn't been taken up by modding at Dragon's Breath forum. I'm going to do some work on HM today and see if I can get it out. I'd really like to keep going making games, I still have about 4 more game stories written.

The thing I like the most about making a game is doing the graphics and seeing how they turn out. I've learned a lot from DBF though, I have to give them credit for that. Well I'm off, I'm getting the urge to shovel snow. I hope you have a great day, take care sunny
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi StarLite Moon,
I used to like shoveling snow way back before 12-12-03, which is the day we moved here to our retirement highrise apartment. Like you I didn't much care for wet snow because it would stick to the shovel and was really heavy to boot. Dry powder was nice as it would slide off the shovel easily. The only hard part to shoveling snow was where the city snowplows with their wide shovel would leave big lumps of snow right across the end of our driveway. I had to pick them up by hand, they were that heavy, and I would throw them right back into the street where they broke up and traffic did the rest. However, I don't really miss those days!

As for Hawk Manor, to me 180 rooms and 2000 objects sounds like it is going to be a very big, long game to play. Not sure I'm up to it any more, too many casual games and I have lost most of my adventure game spirit by now.
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year EmptyFri Feb 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Mindysue, I'm finding the treadmill is keeping me in shoveling shape. I shoveled a couple of days ago by myself and felt invigorated, but there wasn't much of it. For Canada we didn't have much snow here this year, which surprised me, but you never know the worst could be on the way. And I would like to take this time to thank the inventor of the snow blower

Been working on some PSP Tuts for my jigsaw puzzles. I love doing PSP tuts.

Finally got a good nights sleep last night, only woke up twice but went right back to sleep again, which is rare. I have the day off the treadmill today so I'll go back to working on Hawk Manor. I keep finding bugs every time I play it over and over again.

It's pretty cold here today, not as bad as yesterday though. Well I'm off to breakfast, hope you have a great day. Take care sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New Year   Happy New Year Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy New Year
Page 1 of 1