Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Audio setup for games & music

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Audio setup for games & music Empty
PostSubject: Audio setup for games & music   Audio setup for games & music EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Hi all !

I was just wandering what my fellow Pointers use for audio , for games & music listening . Currently , I alternate some between the 250 ohm versions of the Beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium , & DT 990 Pro . I run both/either through a Bravo Audio Ocean tube/hybrid headphone amp , connected to my computer's sound card , an Asus Xonar D2/D2X . I basically gave up buying headphones from a gaming company some time ago . I've been checking out the Sennheiser HD 600 headphones . Might be my next set Smile
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Audio setup for games & music   Audio setup for games & music EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 7:10 am

Faust - you are light years ahead from me in your audio enjoyment. I still have my humble set of Grado Labs headphone set that I use time to time. Had a nice Klipsch 5.1 PC speaker system that worked good except for an engineering flaw in the subwoofer unit. I forget the exact issue, but something in the hardware inside would go bad, and then no sound. I sent it in for replacement once, but then it happened again a few years later. Said forget that and bought a generic Logitech 5.1 set.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Audio setup for games & music   Audio setup for games & music EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 7:28 am

lakerz wrote:
Faust - you are light years ahead from me in your audio enjoyment.  I still have my humble set of Grado Labs headphone set that I use time to time.  Had a nice Klipsch 5.1 PC speaker system that worked good except for an engineering flaw in the subwoofer unit.  I forget the exact issue, but something in the hardware inside would go bad, and then no sound.  I sent it in for replacement once, but then it happened again a few years later.  Said forget that and bought a generic Logitech 5.1 set.

Light years ? Not really . I almost got a set of Grado cans , as I'd heard they were good cans for rock (I listen to rock & metal mostly) , but went with Beyerdynamic in the end . Can't complain at all . I remember that issue with Klipsch . It was the ProMedia Ultra 5.1 setup . Due to a thermal dissipation design flaw , a certain couple of resistors would overheat within minutes, & fault out . Only way to fix that proper , was to send theamp to a private partythat knew what they were doing .
I still have a set of 5.1 speakers (Boston Acoustics BA 7900) hooked up to my computer (I just use my headphones & amp with sound card) . Also still have a set of Razer Mako 2.1 speakers in storage .
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Audio setup for games & music   Audio setup for games & music EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Yeah I did send in the board inside the sub/amp unit to fix the issue to the private party. He did fix it, but a few years later it happened again so I was like OK time to move on ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Audio setup for games & music   Audio setup for games & music EmptySun Apr 15, 2018 11:00 pm

lakerz wrote:
Yeah I did send in the board inside the sub/amp unit to fix the issue to the private party.  He did fix it, but a few years later it happened again so I was like OK time to move on ha ha.

May have been . My  Razer Mako speakers suffered a somewhat similar fate . Turns out there is a resistor on the board that will eventually go bad , and produce an audibe clicking noise when powered on  . I saw a forum page , where someone pointed out the resistor ( according to this poster , the resistor was substandard to begin with) , & recommended , & showed , how to repair it . I purchased a package of replacement resistors , I just never bothered to replace it . From what I remember , the whole process takes about a half hour or so , & some skill with a soldering iron . In it's day , the Razer Mako was one of the best available 2.1 speaker sets .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio setup for games & music   Audio setup for games & music Empty

Back to top Go down

Audio setup for games & music
Page 1 of 1