Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera Empty
PostSubject: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 4:05 pm

I was playing the trial hour for this game yesterday, and I didn't want to stop! So, of course I bought it! Its an IHOG. I love it when you have tasks and have to figure how to do them. Some of these puzzles are hard to figure at first, but then it clicks. I haven't finished this one yet, and I like it. I am loving that these games are more than just finding hidden objects now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm

I finished this game today!! I loved that it was nice and LONG!!! Usually, casual games are pretty short, but not this one! Very good story/plot too!
The puzzles weren't so hard that I couldn't do them, but not so easy that I could just breeze through them either.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Glad you enjoyed the game Mystery Lover. Could you tell us a little about the story ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

I'd be happy to! Very Happy
We are playing as a stage hand for an opera. But once we get there, things start to go wrong. Our car gets a flat, the bridge is out, of course, we need to fix these things ourselves. When we get to town, all the actors seem as though they have something to hide. As we go about our tasks as a stage hand, people in the Opera start getting murdered one by one. We witness a shadow person in windows and poorly lit streets. After each murder, we find clues and more clues from solving puzzles and we begin to figure out who is the killer. Great ending too!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Thank you Mystery Lover. The story sounds like a good mystery Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 am

I just finished playing Sarah Maribou and the Lost World (BFG download) and it was an interesting game, worth the money. I would have liked it better if it had been a little shorter though, so maybe this is a game for you, Mystery Lover.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:06 am

I downloaded the demo yesterday and played about 20 minutes. I may have to purchase this one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Hi Ang! Very Happy
I didn't know you are a casual gamer as well!! It's nice to have someone who plays casual games to talk to!!! I really liked this game, I think it was worth the money.I love that Big Fish only charges $6.99 a game!! Of course, on the other hand, it's bad because I spend more money in the long run!
I do not know if you have Big Fish's monthly punch card or not, but the free game that I got from last months purchases, they carried over into this month's! Pretty nice of them!!

Hello MindySue! Very Happy I tried that game, but it was a bit boring, so I didn't buy it. I like finding hidden objects, but I need more of a story, and more logic type tasks in a HOG!

I have played and purchased allot of these games, so if you ever want to know about them, just give me a holler!
Shhhh.... I have more casual games than adventure games... but don't tell anyone, it's a secret!!! Smile

ML
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:21 pm

I am a casual gamer ML. Very Happy (When I post my sale there will be a few casual games listed.) I am kind of picky about them though. I like the ones with the mini puzzles. I find so many have jig saw. match the pictures and put the pieces of paper together puzzles in between..yawner! I don't like the ones that are teeny HOG's. Frustrating when I have to put on the glasses and put my face an inch from the monitor. :x I do have a punch card and have a freebie waiting to be claimed.I have been a Big Fisher for a long time. I love that have added Adventure games in the last few years. If I were not a collector of Nancy Drew and Carol Reed games I would play them there for sure. I downloaded and started Return to Mystery Island 2 Mina Fate on one PC. I ditched my GameTap account now that Big Fish has gone to bigger and better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 pm

I agree 100% I got bored with the regulat HOG's, now it has to be IHOG! Or" Hidden adventure" as I affectionately call it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:52 pm

I've played quite a few casual games in the past 2 years. I remember the first Mortimer Becket I played, which was so special because of its interaction, so it was IHOG very early on, before the trend one could say. More and more, the timer is out and interaction is in, which is the way I like it.
I am also exploring the adventure world on the NintendoDS Lite. Although the only 2 games that I've managed to finish so far are HOGs. I couldn't finish The Hardy Boys: Treasure on the Tracks, but then I couldn't finish The Hardy Boys: The Hidden Theft on my WinXP either. I'm still in the learning curve on the DS, haven't played many games yet. So far I have more to be played, than I have played!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi MindySue. I have windows XP and I'm playing Hardy Boys Hidden Theft right now. Why won't it play on yours?
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:34 pm

Oh sorry, I didn't make myself clear. The game played just fine, it was me and I couldn't move fast enough to sneak past his Mom. So don't worry about any glitches in the game, there aren't any that I know about. Of course, I didn't get very far.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Oh , okay. I misunderstood what you meant. Got it now!! Very Happy
BTW, I have both Mortimer Becketts, and I will buy the 3rd one from Spin Top tomorrow! ( it will not be the collecters edition, so it will be cheaper. ) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 11:07 pm

I just downloaded it from Gamehouse the other day. I bought two game tickets months ago (I think at that time they were $9.99 each) for the express purpose of purchasing the Mortimer Beckett games. I was able to use my second ticket on the new Mortimer. I see they also have "3 Cards to Dead Time." I'm waiting for BigFish to get that one. I really enjoyed "3 Cards to Midnight."
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:23 am

I know for sure that Big Fish will NOT be getting the new Mortimer Beckett, but Spin Top is. Tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:21 am

Yea...it's a shame that Real Arcade (Gamehouse) doesn't like to share. 😢
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:50 pm

I was at another forum, and the thread about the newest Mortimer Beckett was one of disappointment. According to those who have already purchased the game, it isn't the same as the first 2. This one is more of a HOG than the first 2. I hope this isn't true. But SpinTop will allow you to play for the free hour, So, I'll check that out asap, and get back to you all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Embarassed OOPS! I need to make a correction on the newest Mortimer Beckett release. It will be released from Spin Top Next Friday the 19th!
Sorry about that!!!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 pm

I've been waiting to buy the third Mortimer Beckett game from Amazon but I don't see it there as yet. I might change my mind about playing it if the reviews call it disappointing. Sequels always seem to be so iffy as to whether they will measure up or not.
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi mindysue! Very Happy
You can play it for a free hour at SpinTop a week from today. That way you can determine for yourself if it's worth buying or not. That's what i plan on doing.
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 am

I just launched and played a few minutes of the new Mortimer Beckett. Here are my impressions:

You do not search for pieces of objects. You search for objects scattered in various locations placed in an inventory for you to use throughout the game.
There are cut scenes (animated) that are very cool.
There are actions that must be taken and puzzles that must be solved in your quest.
So...it's like a mini-adventure...sort of an IHOG...but I think better! (Similar to Fall Trilogy...but it's Mortimer...so a funnier plot.)
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:07 pm

NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera Good game. I like this one. NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera C014
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 9:08 pm

I hope I like it too as I have just finished downloading it. However, I finished playing Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond earlier today and it will be a tough act to follow, so to speak. This sequel to Nick Chase: A Detective Story is one that did not disappoint. I enjoyed it al lot and it ended with a To Be Continued so I'm already looking forward to the next game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera   NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera Empty

Back to top Go down

NightFall Mysteries: Curse Of The Opera
Page 1 of 1