Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm being so bad. :-(

Go down 
+3
GreyFuss
Mystery Lover
Gelert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

I'm being so bad. :-( Empty
PostSubject: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Other then when the three of us (my kids and I), are all together (when we play Dark Fall), all my son and I seem to play these days is Oblivion, with the odd freeware Adventure in between ................ and I'm supposed to be the one who's officially responsible for enticing people to play Adventure games around here! scratch Trouble is ............. Oblivion is so damn good and, dare I say it ........... Adventure-y!

I'll be both glad (and sad), when we finish it and I finally get back to some 'serious' Adventure playing. study

I'm being so bad. :-( Detect13

** Note to Gelert ............
........... Look at shelves.
Look at pretty Adventure game boxes.
Randomly choose and take pretty Adventure game box.
Open box.
PLAY ADVENTURE GAME!!!!!!!!! affraid

I'm being so bad. :-( Detect10
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:28 pm

LOL!!!! Now, Now... don't beat yourself up!! If it makes you feel any better, I own more casual games than I do adventure games!! Shhh... but don't tell anybody!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:39 pm

We'll keep your secret between you and me ML. Okay? Ssssssh! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:41 pm

LOL!!! Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 pm

By the way, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say that I just watched the one where he imagines his girlfriend is his school gym teacher (fat Bob Hoskins!).

BRILLIANT! I'm being so bad. :-( 7
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 am

Well its been nice knowing you Gelert. I have heard that it takes months and months to finish Oblivion and once you do you will be an RPG man from then on. I suppose you will abandon Adventure Point and start another web site dedicated to the world of RPG's. Its been fun around here but didn't last long, too bad

Goodbye everyone, see ya around I'm being so bad. :-( 8
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:03 am

Ha-ha! GreyFuss! You're not getting rid of me THAT easily my friend. I'm being so bad. :-( 4

As it happens, it is my first RPG, but we've been playing it for the last 10 months!

I'm sure (-ish), that we haven't too far to go. I'm being so bad. :-( 11
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 am

Gelert 10 months without an adventure? I am Shocked lol We need to think of a good adventure to entice you back to adventuring lol!

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:03 am

No--- nO------------No ----------------no! Let me backtrack here a moment. I've been playing Oblivion on and off for 10 months, but it's ONLY "these days" that I seem to be ONLY playing Oblivion and freeware Adventures. affraid

I have played a few Adventures in the last 10 months - about 5 ................. maybe ...................... 4 ............. I'm being so bad. :-( 5
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:46 am

Gelert whew thats a little better. Had me a little worried for a minute lol

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

LOL Gelert!! So you haven't crossed over to the dark side completely yet!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Never! ............ Never!.............. Never!

Where's the garlic and my crucifix? ..................... I'm being so bad. :-( 1 ......... I'm being so bad. :-( 1
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:37 pm

You better find that garlic and crucifix quick Gelert , hmm sounds like an adventure game puzzle, find the garlic find the crucifix cheers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi y'all,
I just found the garlic! It is in a kitchen cabinet, but of course, wouldn't you know it, the cabinet is locked and I don't know where the key is. Maybe it is with the crucifix which I haven't found yet.
Back to top Go down
Catnip
Wanderer's Apprentice
Catnip

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm an Oblivion fan, too, Gelert! I love it! We bought a new computer this year, and I have installed the game again, and I'm thinking of starting a whole new character, even though I love everything I've collected in my old game! It's tempting to start again because there were some moments that were so exciting, I want to do them again! I've played this whole time as a totally good character, but I'm also going to replay at some point and do the murder quests. I haven't even touched them yet! And I did the thieving quests, but I felt that most of those were justified and not evil. So, I might just start breaking into every single house for the fun of it when I play as an evil character for the first time! Ha ha! :bounce:

I still haven't played the whole game through, and it's been a couple of years, I think. I have too much fun roaming around on stressful days, picking flowers and making myself invisible, looking at the landscapes. On other days, I organize my house and I put all of my jewels on shelves where the light catches them just right.....I know, I'm really an addict!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Woweeee! Catnip! You really are addicted. I've played as an Adventuring fighter-class character (what else?), and I only do all the really 'nice' things, and only fight when absolutely necessary. I know I could play again as a thief, or a vagabond-type, but I'm loving it as it is for the moment. Just wandering around and enjoying the lush landscapes is - you're exacetly right - absolutely fantastic and I love doing it. Most of the time I alter the camera angle so that I'm peering through the flowers and undergrowth at ground level. It's mesmerising, to be honest. Ohhh! So many times though have I been tempted to breal into a 'forbidden' chest or a 'private' house. But I daren't! One of my horses died though - I felt soooooooooooooooo bad!

I'm not on to the Shivering Isles expansion yet, and I'm only just realising that my weapons and armour now have to be at 100% for me to succeed. It's getting harder.

If it wasn't for the beautiful environments, lovely music, and virtually limitless exploring, I would never have got hooked on Oblivion. But it is amazing. Only one gripe .................. I wish my character's voice could be heard. A strange oversight ny the developers, I think.

Anyway, I'm (we - myself and my son), loving it! flower
Back to top Go down
Magoozelle
Wanderer's Apprentice
Magoozelle

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:25 am

Gelert,

A lot of developers choose not to including voice acting for the main characters in create-you-own-hero games as the voice they may have chosen will most likely not match up with how players feel their heroes should talk. Games like Oblivion and Dragon Age, for example.

The second option available to developers is to have 4 or 5 voice actors record the same dialog. A no-name voice actor will be paid around 20-40K to voice a typical 20 hour long game, so imagine how much it would cost to have one voice actor for Oblivion for the hero, let along 4 or 5 for each gender.

So, while I do not work at Bethesda, it is my guess that those are the reasons that your hero does not have a voice.

But on Oblivion, yes, I too love the game, it is probably one of my favorite games ever. You must replay the game some time as an evil character, the Dark Brotherhood quests are some of the best in the game. I also recommend seeking out the Lythandas house in Cheydinhal, there's a great quest to do there.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi Magoozelle. If it was a purely 1st person Adventure (I know you can play it like that), I'd understand perhaps, as you'd be meant to feel that it's you (the player), that's doing the 'exploring', but I don't see why they couldn't have just one voice actor do the role of the male character. I don't really see any difference between Oblivion having your character speak than I do with any 3rd person point & click Adventure. I just feel as though I'm controlling a character that has to use semaphor to communicate with people. lol!

Also, if point & click games companies can pay a voice actor I'd have thought it was within the budget of a company that knows its game is going to have enormous mass appeal to pay the extra %age to employ a couple of voice actors. I just find it strange that the option's not there in this, and perhaps other RPG games, that's all. scratch

I'm still loving the game to bits though. It's not spoiling the fun at all. Now, back to Cheydinhal! pirat Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm being so bad. :-(   I'm being so bad. :-( Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm being so bad. :-(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Limbo of the Lost Adventurer-
Jump to: