Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia Empty
PostSubject: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:00 am

HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia 4 Hey... I didn't Know That! - Television Trivia HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia 4

Have a little bit of Television Trivia you would like to share about your favorite Television Shows.

Maybe something that most everyone else doesn't know about or some little known fact that was rarely mentioned like I Love Lucy’s maiden name? You can share it here.

Maybe it was something that was in a Pilot Episode or was in the first season but never seen again like the family dog in The Partridge Family.

Do you have a question about some little known Trivia of a show you use to watch and its been bugging you? Ask it here and maybe the expert panel of trivalist's can help.

Last edited by GreyFuss on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 am

In the Television series All In The Family did you know that...

The role of Mike Stivic was offered to Harrison Ford who turned down the part because he felt Archie Bunker's bigotry was too offensive.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:45 am

GreyFuss wrote:
In the Television series All In The Family did you know that...

The role of Mike Stivic was offered to Harrison Ford who turned down the part because he felt Archie Bunker's bigotry was too offensive.

Interesting GF.I didn't know that. Geez Harrison..Life is tough, where a cup. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:07 am

Thats very interesting GreyFuss, I didn't know it.

Did you know that
Martin Landau was originally offered the part of Spock on Star Trek but declined the offer

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:51 am

Hey...I didn't know that Hatshepsut Landau would have made a scary Spock

Here is a little known fact...The Andy Griffith Show was a spin-off of the Make Room For Daddy TV show. Andy Griffith guest starred as Sheriff Andy Taylor on one episode!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:02 pm

Most American T.V. trivia will obviously be over my head, but here are a few I know;

All in the Family was based on the long-running British comedy show 'Til Death Do Us Part, starring the bad tempered and brilliantly portrayed Alf Garnett and his very dysfunctional East End family. It was well known for it's bad language and cutting edge humour.

The actor who played Alf Garnett's layabout son-in-law was Tony Booth. Tony Booth is Cherie Blair's father. Cherie Blair being Tony Blair's wife, of course. Wink

The lovable Eddie (played by Moose), of Frasier fame, retired from starring in Frasier, and was replaced by his lookalike son Enzo for the last two series. Moose, very sadly died in 2006.

John Mahoney, who plays Martin Crane in Frasier, was born in Blackpool, England, and brought up in Manchester (where Daphne is supposed to be from). He appeared in a 1992 episode of Cheers as inept jingle-writing pianist, Si Phlembeck, and speaks with Frasier. Peri Gilpin appeared as a reporter in Cheers.

None of the actors that play Daphne's brothers are actually English - to us Brits that's pretty obvious, although Grant does sound fairly English. Jane Leeves was actually born in fairly posh Essex town, Ilford.

Allegedly, and ironically, David Hyde Pierce (Niles), had no interest in wine nor opera until John Mahoney (Martin), introduced him to both. lol!

As you may tell ................. I like 'Frasier'. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Gelert

I never watched much of Frasier but my favorite trivia of the show is...

Jane Leeves who played Daphne Moon on Frasier was one of Benny Hill's often scantily clad Angels.

Is Benny Hill still around? I loved that show, and the theme song stills plays back in my head perfectly....along with all the girls chasing Benny
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:13 pm

It was 1952 and CBS would not allow the I Love Lucy show to use the word "pregnant", so "expecting" was the term used instead.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:27 pm

Martin Landau would have made a scary Spock
It's interesting to note that

When Martin Landau left the Mission Impossible show Leonard Nimoy took his place as master of costume disguise

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:29 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Martin Landau would have made a scary Spock
It's interesting to note that

When Martin Landau left the Mission Impossible show Leonard Nimoy took his place as master of costume disguise

hatshepsut

Thats right...I forgot about that!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Sorry. Didn't see your post. Yes, she did several times ...........

Benny died in 1992. They loved him best in Germany and Australia. My dad and I used to laugh our socks off - especially the earlier series in the '70's.

HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia 5d08939e <---------------- BTW ........... that's Daphne (aka Jane Leeves). geek

Last edited by Gelert on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Only problem I had was when Benny sang one of his funny limericks I couldn't understand what he was singing with the accent but his facial features were easy to understand that most of it was "naughty"

Wasn't Benny Hill really a rich man and he only did the show as a hobby?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Rich, yes. He left everything to his parents and his brother and sister, but they'd already died. The will was contested for quite a while.

Edit: Do you remember Ernie, The Fastest Milkman in the West? lol!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Was Benny Hill the one who rode down the sidewalk on a tricycle stop and fall over ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Did you know that for the show Gilligans Island...

Carroll O'Connor tested for the role of the skipper and Dabney Coleman tested for the professor. Jayne Mansfield was offered the role of Ginger but turned it down.

Gelert: who was Eddie?

Hatshepsut: are you thinking of Laugh In although I think there were tricycles in Benny Hill also
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:08 pm

No I didn't know that.
Did you know that
Jim Backus who played Thurston Howell III on Gilligan's Island was the voice for Mr Magoo

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:23 pm

I don't remember the tricycle from Benny Hill, but you could be right hatshepsut. I didn't watch every show.

GreyFuss, Eddie was the marvellous little terrier dog. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Gelert the show that I'm thinking was Benny Hill may not be Benny Hill. The actor in the show doesn't look like the same same person. The person I remember was shorter and heavier. And wore a bobbies uniform most of the time. It seems like most of the shows took place in a park.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:33 am

The popular TV series Seinfeld was originally going to be called "Stand Up" and Danny DeVito was considered for the part of George Castanza
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:22 pm

GreyFuss wrote

Quote :
Hatshepsut: are you thinking of Laugh In although I think there were tricyles in Benny Hill also

GreyFuss yes it was Laugh In that I was thinking of Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Did you know that

Peter Graves joined Mission Impossible as leader Jim Phelps the second season of the show and continued as Phelps from 1967 to 1973. Peter Graves replaced Steven Hill who played team leader Dan Briggs in the first 1966 to 1967 season

Did you also know that
Peter Graves is the narrator for the upcoming pc game Darkstar

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:17 pm

Hey Hats...I knew that

Does anyone know what song is being whistled as the theme for The Andy Griffith Show???
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:51 pm

GreyFuss I figured that you knew that about Peter Graves. I didn't know the song being whistled from the Andy Griffith show.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Mystery Lover
Daredevil Pioneer
Mystery Lover

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:13 pm

On the heels of what GreyFuss was saying about Seinfeld, Did you know that the George Character was based on Jerry's real life friend Larry David, who also produced the show?

Also for you Gelert, my fellow Frasier Fan, did you know that Rosie Perez was supposed to play Daphne's part as physical theropist? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Mystery Lover wrote:

Also for you Gelert, my fellow Frasier Fan, did you know that Rosie Perez was supposed to play Daphne's part as physical theropist? Very Happy

I didn't. Would she have played a Mexican physio?

Did you know that Lisa Kudrow was meant to play Roz Doyle's part?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia   HEY...I Didn't Know That!  Television Trivia Empty

Back to top Go down

HEY...I Didn't Know That! Television Trivia
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next