Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+21
winfrey
emmanuel5
Gonchi
Taio
mindysue
Mullane
AlienBZ
gruefeeder
HandsFree
Ugur
Jen
Camaro
Lady Kestrel
jkeerie
mbday630
GreyFuss
AngDMC
Faust
lakerz
hatshepsut
Gelert
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 5:06 am

I've been spending some time there also ! With my new addition , I suppose I do have an extra . I have 4 sound cards right now actually .
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:31 am

Just got these:

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 Mysteryoftheorangery

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 Residentfreakshow

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 Spaceshipwarlock

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 Themartianchronicles

Doesn't it make all you guys feel good to show off your newly bought games/computer stuff?

Btw - Synnergist isn't listed in the game database here at AP, is it? Reason I'm asking is, how rare is that game?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:58 am

Synnergist is listed. Yes.

Monet is good. You may need to find a patch to complete the game though. There's a bug at the end of mine.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am

Gelert wrote:
Monet is good. You may need to find a patch to complete the game though. There's a bug at the end of mine.
Then again (s)he may not. Smile I've heard the bug is only on Windows 98 (the OS Monet was supposed to be played on lol! ), they say this game works fine on XP (don't know about the later OSs).

I found the source! Read on.
You'll also find a useful game save there to skip the bug (thanks to Jen from FFC queen ). king
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 am

You're right Zobraks. It was a savegame that I used. It was definitely on Windows 98 - many years ago.

It's a good little game.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 4:41 pm

zobraks wrote:
they say this game works fine on XP

Ok, I'll just play the game on XP. After all that's what the Dell XPS M1530 is for. That way I'll avoid all the bugs/save game errors (if any). Am I correct in assuming this?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 am

hatshepsut wrote:
ABZ you made some very inflammatory and degrading remarks about yourself, it's not to be tolerated whether the remarks were made by you or someone else.

Secondly I have not said you were wrong about anything nor has anyone else here that I am aware of.

Thirdly this is an adventure forum. You will find for the most part that the members on such forums are very helpful and enjoy sharing their knowledge. You will also find that when someone makes a statement someone with better knowledge may try to give that person better knowledge. That isn't to say the person is stupid it's to say the person doesn't know.

Fourthly ABZ when you post that you are going to do this or that to a perfectly good computer and people with some computer knowledge attempt to give you advice you consistently ignore the advice. Rather than calling this being stupid I would suggest that you be more open minded and learn from the advice people are trying to give you.

hatshepsut

Hat, I'm wondering: are you ever going to delete/edit out this post (and also this quote/post) now that I'm back on track? Why didn't you tell me this (quoted) in a PM back when it happened instead of posting it for everyone who's on the internet to see in the public forums?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:02 am

ABZ..I am sure people that have read it have forgotten about this post..until now. Why not ask in a PM if it bothered you that it was posted. Why REpost. Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 330941
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:46 pm

AngDMC wrote:
ABZ..I am sure people that have read it have forgotten about this post..until now. Why not ask in a PM if it bothered you that it was posted. Why REpost. Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 330941

I wondered the same thing . I'll be honest , when I first read this last night , I thought "I'm not touching this one" . Then again , just to set a couple of things straight :

I agree with Ang , in that I'm sure that most of us had put this behind us ABZ , that is , until you had to bring it up again .

I have no desire , as I'm sure that others here do , to see this thread , which is for telling everyone about new acquisitions , be hijacked /morphed in to something it is not .
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Since this is 61 pages long now, can we start a part 2 of:
"Tell us what you've bought, found, or .... whatever!"
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:51 pm

winfrey wrote:
Since this is 61 pages long now, can we start a part 2 of:
"Tell us what you've bought, found, or .... whatever!"
There's no need for splitting the topic (manually), forum software will do that (automatically) after a couple of pages more :

Gelert wrote:
After 990 messages the threads automatically split and lock. A forum limitation. Unavoidable.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:50 pm

ABZ you made a post and I answered that post according to what you had posted. My answer to you was not controversial, rude or uncalled for. It was an answer to what you had posted. As such I do not edit or delete my post. I do not edit or delete my answering posts because the original poster edit out their post. I do not answer posts in PM's. I see no reason for this latest post except to start more controversy and that will be dealt with in a PM.

winfrey as zobraks says the thread will be locked and a new tread started when it reaches 990 posts. It is automatically done by the software. It doesn't have long to go about 80 more or less posts. I would like to see it reach it's maximum.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Perfectly said, hatsheput.

I could take up the next 80 posts all my myself because I'm so excited about my purchases for my 13 year-old grandson! He's been wanting to build a computer with Grandma for a long time. They have a decent Dell XPS computer that has been nothing but trouble since the day they bought it. I think Dell has replaced the guts at least twice and this last time, the power supply died just outside the warranty. So all four of them are sharing a laptop right now. Anyway, they tasked me with putting together components for a computer that my grandson and I will build. I was given a budget of around $1,000. Between the deep discounts and rebates offered over the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend, I was able to put together a pretty fine bunch of components. Everything is upstairs in my closet and I'm going to set it up out here so that when they come out on Christmas Day, he will see his "real" Christmas present! He thinks he's getting new jeans and socks and a couple of new games.

Not counting the $100 that Grandpa and Grandma are throwing in towards the build, I came in only $80 above budget. Can you see why Grandma is giddy with her purchases?!

64-bit Windows 7
Cooler Master CM690 II case
Cooler Master Silent Pro 80+Gold power supply, 800 watts
Gigabyte GA Z68 UD3P motherboard
Sandy Bridge Core i7 2600 CPU
8 GB GSkill Ripjaw Series Ram
Asus GTX 560Ti video card
OCZ Agility 3 60 GB SSD, SATA III
Seagate 1 TB HDD, SATA III
ASUS DVD Burner
FREE Batman Arkhan City Game
FREE Battlefield 3 Game
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 pm

Be as giddy as you want to be !! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:37 pm

I'm really learning a lot about the new Intel Z68 motherboards. The Intel Smart Response Technology also has me intrigued. I think that's the way we're leaning right now. I was planning on using the 60 GB SSD as a boot drive and the 1 TB HDD as a data drive, but management was going to be tricky with 4 users. The SRT allows you to use that 60 GB SSD as a cache drive and put the OS etc. on the HDD. The SSD cache drive "learns" what your most commonly used programs are and caches the information to vastly speed up the reads. It doesn't speed up writes that much, but the more I read, the more it sounds like a great compromise for this type of family usage.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:21 pm

I wouldn't mind sitting down with that Grand ma myself Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:30 pm

As you well know, Winfrey, the door is always open!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Post away Draclvr. It makes me giddy just reading about that computer. I can just imagine the look on your grandsons face Christmas morning Smile And how about a picture when it's built ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 pm

I have a word or two about giving and taking advice. When I was a kid I once asked my Dad for some advice and he answered, " Why should I give you any advice since you never take it anyway?" My answer (and it is still true today) was: I would like your advice, and after I hear it then I will decide whether or not I want to follow it." Nowhere is it written that advice given freely or asked for has to be taken. It's not a question of being stupid or open/close minded, simply a matter of choice. Each mind is a world of its own, like it or not.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Oh, there will definitely be before, during and after photos! The best part of this "spending" is that it was someone else's money! lol!

But working with my grandson is just going to be so great.

Winfrey, I believe mindysue is referring to some posts on the previous page.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:28 pm

That sure will be some quality time! How old is he? Just think of the computer experience he is going to get!!
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:49 pm

He's 13 going on 35. Far too intelligent for his own good and as full of BS as his Grandpa. I tell him he's either going to be a politician or a lawyer!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:46 am

hatshepsut wrote:

winfrey as zobraks says the thread will be locked and a new tread started when it reaches 990 posts. It is automatically done by the software. It doesn't have long to go about 80 more or less posts. I would like to see it reach it's maximum.

hatshepsut

Thanks, guys, for putting "that" post behind you. I'm still trying to do the same, I'm glad everything is OK, and everything is back to it's good graces.

Regarding that this long thread will automatically lock/split is perfectly fine with me. I believe in starting fresh. Also, I never know that this particular forum software does that sort of thing. Now I'm getting curious - what kind of forum software is being used for this board? Name? Cost? Bought where? What computer is it running/hosted on? Is it "web-page publishing" or "web-page" software? Would love to know all about this forum software just to satisfy my curiosity?

Why doesn't the Gameboomer/MysteryManor.net/Just Adventure forum software lock threads after a set number of posts? Can the software be programmed by the board admin?

EDIT - Just checked Gavin Bell's book on Amazon.com & figured that message board software (such as AP for example) is "social web application" software, perhaps? Now am even more curious as to how it works, etc.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:49 am

AlienBZ wrote:
hatshepsut wrote:

hatshepsut

Thanks, guys, for putting "that" post behind you. I'm still trying to do the same, I'm glad everything is OK, and everything is back to it's good graces.

Regarding that this long thread will automatically lock/split is perfectly fine with me. I believe in starting fresh. Also, I never know that this particular forum software does that sort of thing. Now I'm getting curious - what kind of forum software is being used for this board? Name? Cost? Bought where? What computer is it running/hosted on? Is it "web-page publishing" or "web-page" software? Would love to know all about this forum software just to satisfy my curiosity?

Why doesn't the Gameboomer/MysteryManor.net/Just Adventure forum software lock threads after a set number of posts? Can the software be programmed by the board admin?

EDIT - Just checked Gavin Bell's book on Amazon.com & figured that message board software (such as AP for example) is "social web application" software, perhaps? Now am even more curious as to how it works, etc.

Without being terribly impolite , what software is used here is the business of those in charge . It is not meant for general knowledge . As a reminder , this thread is for everyone to show off their newest acquisitions .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next