Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patches for Liath

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:26 pm

Gelert wrote:

You didn't say. Did you get the patch that I sent you (three times), to work for your Liath game?

Oooo! I forgot all about that! But no, I never got a email in my gmail inbox from you re the Liath patches. Perhaps you can burn them to a CD and ship it physically my way across the big pound? Or send it by PM on this site?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:58 pm

K515 wrote:
Gelert wrote:

You didn't say. Did you get the patch that I sent you (three times), to work for your Liath game?

Oooo! I forgot all about that! But no, I never got a email in my gmail inbox from you re the Liath patches. Perhaps you can burn them to a CD and ship it physically my way across the big pound? Or send it by PM on this site?

No, sorry K515. I've tried my best for you. I hope you can find it elsewhere, or from someone else. It does exist on the internet, I know. Just can't remember where now.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:38 pm

Google is your friend Rolling Eyes There's a Liath patch here: http://dlh.net/cgi-bin/patdl.cgi?lang=eng&sys=pc&file=liath_p30.zip
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Thank you Jen Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Ok, I d/l the Liath patch you found for me Jen. IIRC, I remember googling for the patch just before Liath arr. at our house back in May but came up with a lot of listings of other people at some of the gaming forums I belong to who were also looking for a Liath patch but were unable to find it.

On the FileFront page where I d/l this patch, it has a listing of a 1 % popularity. Is this patch kind of obscure (which is why others had difficulty finding it)?

Thanks a whole bunch, Jen, for finding me this patch. How many are they? How many will I need?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 am

K515 have you done an Internet search for how many patches are needed for Liath ? Have you read any reviews on Liath, they can be very helpful with such information. Some people have played Liath with no patch at all.

Also Liath is a very difficult game to get to run. Even on win 95 and 98. I believe some people have had some success Liath on their win XP using Virtual PC. Liath will not play if you have a Nvidia card.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:19 am

I started Liath ages ago, but lost interest before I finished it.
The puzzles weren't very good and moving around was confusing.

But I found the 3rd patch on an old backup CD of mine.
I've uploaded it to sendspace if you want to try it.
Liath patch liath_p30.zip

I also found this description of Liath patches in the patch folder on my backup CD.
I think this was from the publisher's website.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img686/2500/liathpatches.png

As you can see, the second patch was for problems with the old Voodoo Banshee video card. I can't decipher the description of what the first patch was for. The 3rd patch, I suppose, includes previous patches. It doesn't say exactly what it's for.

I don't know if the 3rd patch helps with compatibility with current video cards at all.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:31 am

Thank you grurfeeder. These should be a big help for those who haven't played Liath yet. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:50 am

You're welcome.
I just noticed this thread is over a month old. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:57 am

Thanks gruefeeder. This is genuinely helpful. Smile
Back to top Go down
gruefeeder
Opportunist Explorer
gruefeeder

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:06 am

Thanks Gelert.
But keep in mind that Sendspace will delete the file after enough time passes with no one downloading it. Maybe someone can find a more permanent online home for it if the patch turns out to be of use to anyone. At about 540 kB it isn't very large.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:20 pm

That's okay. I'd already downloaded it anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patches for Liath Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patches for Liath   Patches for Liath Empty

Back to top Go down

Patches for Liath
Page 1 of 1