Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do all Zorkminds think alike?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Do all Zorkminds think alike? Empty
PostSubject: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:14 pm

If you were ............... you, which Zork (not the text Zorks), would you play first to get the most enjoyment out of them all?

Playing Secret Files at the mo. and enjoying it thoroughly, but thinking of Zork ..... possibly ............ maybe ............. next ................ or Simon the Sorcerer 2.

Decisions, decisions!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm

I absolutely loved Zork Grand Inquisitor, but it's the only one I've played so far. It is great fun and has tons of that wacky Zorkian humor.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:14 pm

I thought Return to Zork was the worst one. Zork: Nemesis is a great game but not funny; Zork: Grand Inquisitor is a great game and funny. If I were to replay any, it'd be Grand Inquisitor. Who is the boss of you? Me! I am the boss of you!
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Yes, but what I really meant by my question was ............ in which order should I play them in order to get the most out of the 'series'? It must matter to some extent because I've heard there are 'in-jokes' and comedic references to one or more of them in one or more of the games. I just don't know which.

Or does it not matter at all?
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:27 am

I don't think it matters. I never played any of the text ones and played the rest in the order Nemesis, GI, Return to... (which I did not finish because I thought it was awful). I think all of the in-jokes and references are from the text games, but I don't feel like I missed out on anything.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:36 am

No, the game is really self-contained. I didn't feel as if I missed anything.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:24 am

Okay. Thanks both. 'Zork: Grand Inquisitor' it shall be then ................ or Simon 2! lol!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:26 am

I have only played Nemesis and Inquisitor. My vote goes with Nemesis as it is one of my favorites then Inquisitor which isn't nearly as dark as Nemesis. The best I could say is that it is cute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do all Zorkminds think alike?   Do all Zorkminds think alike? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do all Zorkminds think alike?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: