Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, what's good?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joee
Wanderer's Apprentice

So, what's good? Empty
PostSubject: So, what's good?   So, what's good? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 pm

I love adventure games, but being the retro guy that I am, most of the adventure games I have played and love are from the 90's or are sequels to some of those games (for example Broken Sword 4).

I'm not sure why I haven't invested so much interest in more modern adventure games. I guess initially because the golden era seemed to have died, and then eventually because for a few years I didn't have much money to put aside from games.

I've decided that I want to catch up with the adventure game scene and give some of the newer games a try, but I don't really know where to start, so I am here for your advice.

I want to know, of games released in the past decade, what's good. Not just what you enjoyed, but what you REALLY enjoyed; what you would consider to be a modern classic and completely timeless game.

Feed me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.laminatedgoat.com
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

So, what's good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, what's good?   So, what's good? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 3:40 am

My recommendations -

RealMyst;
Myst 3 Exile;
Myst 4 Revolution;
Myst 5 End of Ages;
and

be sure to play Riven (Myst 2 actually)

plus

Rhem;
Rhem 2;
Rhem 3;

and the upcoming

Rhem 4.
Back to top Go down
HandsFree
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
HandsFree

So, what's good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, what's good?   So, what's good? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Timeless is much to ask for, but from the last decade I was most impressed by these games (others weren't though, so that doesn't say much):
Aura (2004)
Black mirror (2004)
Dark fall, the journal (2002)
the Filmmaker (2010)
Overclocked (2007)
Scratches (2006)
Sherlock Holmes the awakened (2006)(or nemesis 2007)
a Vampyre story (2008)

Now I notice most have a dark/horror theme. I wouldn't say that is specifically my preference, hmm...
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

So, what's good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, what's good?   So, what's good? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 10:28 pm

I would reccomend:

The Moment of Silence
Syberia 1 and 2
Paradise
Post Mortem
Still Life
Conspiracies
The Lost Crown
and
Barrow Hill

Happy gaming Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

So, what's good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, what's good?   So, what's good? EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Joee,
This is strictly my own personal reaction, mind you, however I recently finished playing Lost Horizon and in my book it rates with the classics. I enjoyed playing it as much as those early games with George Stobbart, Gabriel Knight, Guybrush Threepwood, and I have now added Fenton Paddock to that list. As the lead character in the game, he has his own charm and humor and cool. I really liked him and hope he will show up in another game or two or ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So, what's good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: So, what's good?   So, what's good? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, what's good?
Page 1 of 1