Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:31 am

Harvester was a pretty violent game. I liked playing through it, but then again I was around maybe 20 at the time. Some of the death scenes still remain in my memory today, heh. It was mostly adventure until perhaps the last 20% of the game. Then, it just turned into an arcade like mash-up game. That was disappointing...

As for Lost Horizon, try buying it from this link:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Point-and-Click/Lost-Horizon/~r349898/?s=lost%20horizon

www.game.co.uk has it for around $20 including shipping after the exchange rate from pounds to dollars. I put in my order, but haven't received the game yet. Just make sure you hit the 'add to basket' link and not the 'download' link!

I'm not sure about Black Mirror II. I bought my copy off of Amazon affiliate who was located in the UK I believe.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Hi Ang yes I'm unstuck now. I'm enjoying Shivers so much, I love the puzzles. I haven't played Shivers 2 yet.

Hi lakerz I haven't played Harvester but there are several other adventure games that had violent scenes that are burned in my memory.
Thanks for those links for Lost Horizon. Smile

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm playing a new game: Kaptain Brawe: Episode 1, which I downloaded from casual portal, BigFish Games, and it is an adventure game, not a casual in any way, except in size. I'm a bit confused about it as I'm not sure if this is the whole game so far, as it originally was titled: Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World when it was being hyped before being released. Nothing was out there about it being made in episodes, so I was surprised to see it now as Episode 1. So I don't know if there is more to the game that is already finished and Episode 2 will be released shortly, or if this is as far as the game is made and it might be years before there is another episode. I haven't finished the game yet, so I haven't a clue how it ends and if there is more information about what comes next.

As for the game itself, it is a Sci-Fi comedy, that tries a bit too hard to be funny. A little of that type of humor goes a long way, at least with me. I keep thinking that it is just about right for a ten-year-old gamer as over-the-top humor is hilarious at that age, at least my funny-bone laughed loudly at such stuff way back then. However, between the groans at the humor when overdone, there are some smiles and the gameplay is interesting and keeping me busy. I think the game might be too easy for some of you gamers here, but I had to go to a walkthrough for one solution as I was completely out of ideas and just going in circles. I knew what needed to be done, just couldn't see how. Kaptain Brawe is kinda growing on me as I keep playing, might even like him before I finish.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks for the info mindysue, I had been wondering what kind of game this was.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 9:58 pm

Miss Mindy

Is all the dialog in Kaptain Brawe in text only or are their voices?

Changed my mind about a replay of GK3 because I am not in the mood for so much dialog and those graphics. Instead I am into a replay of Aura: Fate of the Ages.

For those interested you can download Aura: Fate of the Ages DRM free at DoT for only $2.49 on their Xmas special.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi GreyFuss,
Dialogue in Kaptain Brawe is text only, in a nice big font. There are sounds and music in the game to which I pay almost no attention. In fact, I had to play the game before I came here to post to make sure there was no spoken dialogue as I couldn't remember if there was anything in the background that I just didn't notice or remember!
The game has some nice built-in hints.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 3:44 am

Just loaded Black Mirror II yahoo
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:12 am

winfrey let us know how you like Black Mirror II

I'm still wandering around in Shivers

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:03 pm

I'm still playing BM2...I am in the 5th chapter. At first it did not seem like a Black Mirror game. But now I am in England and lots of references. It's an ok game. Fairly easy.. good graphics. Hard to compare it to the First. I really liked the first. I find I like more involvement and less talking in the games that I play. But saying that I am enjoying the play.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:53 pm

I really liked the first Black Mirror too. I don't like a lot of talking or reading in my games either.

I'm banging my head on my desk with Shivers. I was doing pretty good at taking notes of where lids and pots were. Then I started moving some of them trying to put them together and you guessed it I forgot to note their new locations lol groan.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:29 am

Lost Horizon
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 3:59 am

GreyFuss are you very far into Lost Horizon ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:04 am

Almost finished. I was going to wait to play this when the price dropped to bargain bin but I couldn't resist it for only $5 from Amazon.com as a download. Seeing as there isn't anything that interests me to play I thought $5 was pretty cheap. It is still available for US only (I think) if anyone is interested you can get the download for $5 HERE
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:08 am

Thanks GreyFuss. Download only right ? Can you copy it to cd after downloading?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:30 am

Don't know Hats. For $5 I consider it a throw away. You do get a registration Code and after installing the game it takes you to the Deep Silver web site to activate the game. Don't know how or what kind of DRM there is if any but you have to use Amazons downloader which I uninstalled after I installed the game. Can't go wrong for $5 I'd say.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:47 am

I'm a bit bummed because my 'Lost Horizon' has yet to arrive from the game.co.uk even though they said it was shipped out on December 12th. Sad I hope it's not lost in the mail, as I really wanted a boxed version of this game.

I'm tempted to go the GreyFuss route and pony up the $5 to play a download version just in case the boxed never arrives, but it's a shame to potentially waste $5 like that.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:06 am

Hi lakerz

I think that between the Christmas mail, the snow storms in the UK and the snow storms here on the east coast all the mail has been delayed.

I really want a boxed copy of Lost Horizon too and I've been looking at game.co.uk. But that download for $5 that GreyFuss mentioned is really very tempting.

I'd be bummed out about it too. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your boxed copy arrives this week. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:31 am

thanks for the sympathy...and you bring up valid points regarding what could be slowing down the mail delivery. Slow shipping from the UK to California does take some time. Still, 20 days later and no game. I'll keep my fingers crossed also.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:08 pm

Well, that's what you guys get for waiting so long to order Lost Horizon. I ordered my game from Dave at Interact using the Adventure Point link up above in September and it arrived within 3 days. Now I will gloat a little while offering my sympathy also.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Still playing Lost Horizon. I hope you get yours soon Lakerz. Did you track it to see where it is? I am still stuck on 2 other games I am playing. DeathStar and for some reason I cannot get the 7th picture sent from Yumi in Nancy Drews Waters Edge.. Sigh. I am really enjoying The Lost Horizon though. I am in Wewelsburg, Germany. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 am

mindysue, you are right. We reap what we sow, and I did wait too long to buy this game. Who woulda thought?!? I would have bought it from Interact, but by the time I got around to ordering, Dave was all out of copies. Then, all of a sudden this game was hard to find anywhere. So when I stumbled on the game.co.uk sale, I pounced on it.

I did pay the $5 to download it from Amazon, so I'll get to play it at least. Whether I ever get a boxed copy is another matter, haha. I tried to see if I could track where the game is AngDMC, but I'm not sure it's possible on international orders. Seems like I can only track the package if it is being delivered in the UK. Dunno, maybe I'm just being dense about this. If I don't receive the game by the end of the coming week, I'll definitely try to contact them and ask what's going on.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:14 pm

mindysue wrote:
Well, that's what you guys get for waiting so long to order Lost Horizon. I ordered my game from Dave at Interact using the Adventure Point link up above in September and it arrived within 3 days. Now I will gloat a little while offering my sympathy also.

Miss Mindy

Did you have this one on pre-order? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:46 pm

No, GreyFuss, I did not pre-order Lost Horizon, since I more than learned my lesson from my pre-order for 15 Days, which I am still waiting for ... do you think it will ever be released so Dave can send it? Or will it disappear down a dark hole like Dead Mountaineer's Hotel? I should have learned my lesson from that pre-order. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me! That's how I feel about pre-orders these days, no more for me.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 pm

I loaded Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island... but a BIG BAD Tennessee bug grabbed hold of me and I can't stop coughing long enough to have the energy to play..... barely enough to type......................... pale
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 am

Ahem...Miss Winfrey...could you please turn your head! There is a big loogie on my keyboard...eeeeww.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 13 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next