Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Game Are You Playing Now

Go down 
+27
zobraks
SweetDalilah
Mullane
bonsai
AlienBZ
mbday630
SuperEdy
Andromus
Igor Hardy
Ugur
Suvek
Camaro
lakerz
Faust
mindysue
diatribal deity
Magoozelle
jkeerie
HandsFree
Mystery Lover
Jen
AngDMC
Lady Kestrel
winfrey
GreyFuss
Gelert
hatshepsut
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:50 am

I haven't played any of the Black Mirrors yet, although I have all of them. Surely they will be in the list of my upcoming games to play. Cool
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:23 pm

I am now playing for the first time, thanks to a dear friend, the very hard to find A.D. 2044 and enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:25 pm

I have ignored this game, for a long time, I don't know why, but since I read the story, i understood that It was a huge mistake to ignore it!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Finished A.D. 2044 (not a very long game) and through the courtesy of the same friend who loaned me A.D. 2044 I am now playing the equally hard to find Mission 9. I love these old Sci-Fi first person games. I am getting the urge to replay a few of them (because there is nothing else to play)....hmmmm...maybe another trip through Mission Critical is in order.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 12:04 am

Now playing Sherlock Holmes Case of the Rose Tattoo.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:38 am

jkeerie wrote:
some erythropoetin)

What's this?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:28 am

AlienBZ wrote:
jkeerie wrote:
some erythropoetin)

What's this?

Google is our friend.Smile

Also called hematopoietin or hemopoietin, it is produced by the peritubular capillary endothelial cells in the kidney and liver, it is the hormone that regulates red blood cell production. It also has other known biological functions. For example, erythropoietin plays an important role in the brain's response to neuronal injury. EPO is also involved in the wound healing process.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 am

AngDMC wrote:
AlienBZ wrote:
jkeerie wrote:
some erythropoetin)

What's this?

Google is our friend.Smile

Also called hematopoietin or hemopoietin, it is produced by the peritubular capillary endothelial cells in the kidney and liver, it is the hormone that regulates red blood cell production. It also has other known biological functions. For example, erythropoietin plays an important role in the brain's response to neuronal injury. EPO is also involved in the wound healing process.

You learn something new every day !
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh...I missed this lively and educational exchange. Thanks for covering for me, Ang!

As a blood banker, terms that we are readily familiar with, become part of our vernacular. So glad there is Google and dictionary.com to explain to y'all what I was trying to be cute about.

I really gave poor Darren a hard time in that game. It will be a while before I get back to any gaming again, unfortunately....so he has ample time to recover!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:49 pm

I don't know what kind of game should I play now. A first person adventure, or a third person? Maybe a first person one, because they are my weak point.... I think that they are more difficult than the 3rd person ones.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:46 pm

tsampikos wrote:
I don't know what kind of game should I play now. A first person adventure, or a third person? Maybe a first person one, because they are my weak point.... I think that they are more difficult than the 3rd person ones.

There are a few games out there tsampikos , that combine both first & third person play . One such game , if you have not played it already , is Sherlock Holmes vs Jack The Ripper
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:01 am

I thought I would give Syberia another go. It sure doesn't appeal to me. Now I remember why I quit playing it the first time. The endless running and washed out graphics don't do it for me. I like more vibrant colors like in Broken Sword or Simon the Sorcerer. I will play it for a little while more... maybe even finish it... but, so far it sure isn't one of my favorites. I keep wondering why the designers didn't put in a map feature so that you didn't have to run all over? If I were ever to design a game, that is the first thing I would do... have a map so you can zip everywhere quickly.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 pm

@Faust!

Thank your for the reply! I have already bought Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, I have the whole Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot games, they should be interesting! I haven't played any of them yet, because other games are on the row. Currently I am playing "Return to Misterius Island". I do really like this one!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:24 pm

More than welcome tsampikos !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:46 pm

A Stroke of Fate
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 am

jkeerie wrote:

I think it was a good game...not as good as the original Black Mirror....and I will wait a bit before starting Black Mirror 3. Need to get poor Darren a few blood transfusions (maybe stock him up on some erythropoetin) before I subject him to anymore of my gaming direction. Wink

This tells me that I'm not cut out to be a medical doctor, b/c I believe if I really had a medical student's mind (back when I first played Harvester in 2003, even) I'd be thinking JKeerie's quote everytime I played a game where the main main character loses blood, and that kind of thought is not even thinking of entering my mind. Instead, if a MC in a game loses blood, I think, "ulp! Is he going to die/get killed? Got to key in the God mode cheat codes!"
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Finished Dead Mountaineers Hotel (best I could give it is "C") Coming down to the end (I think) with Stroke of Fate.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:14 pm

I just started playing Alter Ego yesterday and I'm liking the game a lot, so I'm trying to play it without going to a walkthrough, which is tough since I'm stuck, so I've placed an S.O.S. for hints. Have had 2 replies for which I'm very thankful, you bet, but still stuck, so this is a forum-wide call for help. The hint forum doesn't get used much so this is a reminder to go look there and check it out. If all else fails I can get a walkthrough I suppose, but it won't be as much fun, not when I like a game this much.
Back to top Go down
zobraks
zobraks

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:40 am

I suggest you take a break from Alter Ego and post a new screenshot for guessing.
afro
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 5:12 pm

I don't know how to post a screenshot. Check out the thread and you will see that someone else will take my place with a screenshot. It could be you if you want.
Back to top Go down
mbday630
Opportunist Explorer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:58 pm

I just finished the book of Unwritten Tales and loved it.

btw, is Stroke of Fate worth it? I see that most people didn't like Dead Mountaineer's hotel so I think I will pass on that one, even though I thought that would be a game that I liked.

I am thinking of trying to get into Syberia again next. I quit as it just doesn't seem very fun working with all that equipment but I don't think I have ever finished it and I have had it a long time... so maybe I will give it another go and hopefully I won't get too bored with it.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:09 pm

mbday630 wrote:
I just finished the book of Unwritten Tales and loved it.

btw, is Stroke of Fate worth it? I see that most people didn't like Dead Mountaineer's hotel so I think I will pass on that one, even though I thought that would be a game that I liked.

I am thinking of trying to get into Syberia again next. I quit as it just doesn't seem very fun working with all that equipment

Keep in mind that I am a very tough grader...

A Stroke of Fate I would give a B- grade. Its OK with some pixel hunting but the story ends
Spoiler:
so it sets up a sequel which I think may have already been released in Russia? At least I have seen screenshots of it. For only $9.99 at Steam I think its worth it, nothing ground breaking or inovative but a solid 3rd person game.

Dead Mountaineers Hotel on the other hand I would give a C- The effort was there but just didn't come together. For $9.99 at Steam its a toss up for whether its worth it but its better than playing those mind numbing Casual games. Cool

What type of "Equipment" are you refering to in Syberia?
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi GreyFuss,
Sorry, but I don't think you are being fair or open-minded when you call Casual games "mind numbing" since they are exactly what they are called and are not adventure games. I agree they are no match for a good adventure, but as a fill-in while waiting for that special adventure (not all adventures have the same appeal to everyone) they are okay. Better for some gamers than RPGs or FPSs! It is all about choice, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

mindysue wrote:
Hi GreyFuss,
Sorry, but I don't think you are being fair or open-minded when you call Casual games "mind numbing" since they are exactly what they are called and are not adventure games. I agree they are no match for a good adventure, but as a fill-in while waiting for that special adventure (not all adventures have the same appeal to everyone) they are okay. Better for some gamers than RPGs or FPSs! It is all about choice, isn't it?

I think it fair for GreyFuss to feel that way about casual games . I share his opinion , but , as you've said mindysue , not all share that opinion . Personally , I would rather play an fps or rpg , than a casual game . It is all about choice .
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi Faust,
Oh yes, it is perfectly okay for GreyFuss or other gamers to feel that Casual games are "mind numbing" but that's not the point. The point is that the games themselves are not mind numbing to those who want to play them. It's the use of "mind numbing" as an adjective to describe the games that I don't agree with. I find RPGs and FPSs to be totally mind numbing, but I don't refer to them as "mind numbing games" since I realize that is not the case for everyone.
People tend to read adjectives describing a game as facts about the game, and fail to see it as simply an opinion of the writer. Someone might not want to admit liking casual games because they don't want others to think their minds are *numb* or whatever. So, in my own way, I'm trying to stick up for us Casual gamers who need a partial fix while waiting for the games we really want!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Game Are You Playing Now   What Game Are You Playing Now - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Game Are You Playing Now
Page 21 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next