Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Your Own Web Site

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Post Your Own Web Site Empty
PostSubject: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:07 am

Have your own Web page? Post a link to it here. Doesn't have to be professionally done and it doesn't matter what its about or whats on it (keep it clean). Could be about the games you play, recipes, pets, family, friends or a collection of pictures from your vacation or jokes, anything. I'll go first

http://home.earthlink.net/~greyfuss/

I wonder if Gelert has one???
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 1:00 am

Ok, here's mine..... I have not figured out how to put music to it yet... I used to have a page at GeoCities but Yahoo got greedy and shut down the free one...adding music to that site was easy. But none the less herrrrrrrre's Winfreys page

https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:22 am

Miss Winfrey

That is a beautiful lake. Is that you on that sailboat?
Back to top Go down
danyboy
Wanderer's Apprentice
danyboy

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:17 am

Wish, I had one. Don't know how to make one and I'm not a very good with technical stuff, also don't know where to look to make one. Winfrey and Greyfuss nice website, pics are great, lucky you Winfrey, living near a lake, beautiful pics Winfrey. GF, is that really you on the picture posted on your webpage?

CU

danyboy Smile
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:42 am

Hey Danyboy

My Internet Provider (Earthlink) gives me 10mb's of free web space for each email address I have. They also have a no brainer web site program, Trellix, that makes it easy for this Grue and believe me thats the only reason I can do it. My site is at its limit of the free 10mb's. If I want to add more music and pictures it would cost me only a few dollars a month to go bigger. There are also other places that I believe you can get free web space. Maybe someone here can help with some suggestions.

Yep, thats the Grue himself a few years ago. For the last several months visitors to the GreyFuss Castle have been tortured into viewing a chronological picture tour of the birth and life of this ole Grue.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:04 am

danyboy if you are interested in a website and setting one up here's a link.

https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?continue=http%3A%2F%2Fsites.google.com%2F&service=jotspot&passive=true&ul=1

I think it's free and walks you through the setup.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:25 am

Yes, Google site is free, that is what I am using now-- and it is fairly easy...except for adding the music part.
Thanks, dannyboy- yes that is a picture from my dock at our lake house///lucky lucky me.
And it has be oh so much fun watching GreyFuss's growth-- I am enjoying the process....I check every day......handsome little devil isn't he
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:40 am

Yes Miss Winfrey had a great web page with music that she put a lot of work into before Geocities shut them down. At least they gave her and the other web page owners ample notice that they were stopping the web sites. Far better than what I hear AOL did with the people who had sites up through them. I heard they just stopped them all without advance warning and nobody could retain any the the information on their sites.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 4:56 am

winfrey is the adding music to your website impossible or just very difficult.

The view of the lake from your dock is beautiful. It looks very peaceful. It has been interesting watching GreyFuss grow from a baby to a young man.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
danyboy
Wanderer's Apprentice
danyboy

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:03 am

Will look into that, thanks everyone! Nice pic GF, you rock!

CU

danyboy Smile
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:27 am

just difficult not impossible. just have to take the time to understand how to do it-there is a formula and you have to point it to the music you downloaded and it's confusing and I get frustrated and go on to something else....hmmm maybe I should think of it as an adventure game...
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 5:40 am

As strange as it may seem I have used that adventure game approach with difficult and confusing things like that. Thanks for the info winfrey.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:18 pm

Thats it?

Of all the people who have dropped by there are only 2 personal web sites to post? Thought there would be more. It is a great way to communicate with friends and family that might live far away.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm looking into setting one up GreyFuss. Nothing as fancy as you and winfrey have. It just seems that in the last few days all my time has been eaten up by a screenshot contest going on here at Adventure Point.

hatshepsut

I've been working on a web site the last few days. I'm about halfway done with what I want I think. Hopefully I'll have it ready for viewing in the next few days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Your Own Web Site   Post Your Own Web Site Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Your Own Web Site
Page 1 of 1