Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ang's new computer

Go down 
+7
AngDMC
hatshepsut
Faust
Gelert
AlienBZ
Draclvr
winfrey
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:35 pm

I just looked at the reviews and spec's for that little baby......nice.....very nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:37 pm

I know - me too! That's why I said I had a case of "computer envy" in the other thread!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Did Ang get a new computer? Is it a laptop? Does it have XP?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 10:51 pm

AlienBZ. You don't pay much attention, do you??
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:07 am

Evidently not , Gelert . Anyway , sweet new laptop Ang !!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:30 am

Yes Ang did get a very nice laptop

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:01 am

Thanks guys.. Very Happy I was looking for one where the key board lights up too. This one does. I like it very much.

ABZ..No it is Win 7.(click link below)

ASUS G73J Series
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 3:59 am

A new laptop with XP? What are you thinking of, ABZ? Heaven forbid!!!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 am

Draclvr wrote:

Agreed Drac ! After making the switch from XP , I can't see myself EVER going back to it !! Then again , that's just me !!
Back to top Go down
Jen
Opportunist Explorer
Jen

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Ang, I am envious! I've drooled over those more than a few times but can't quite muster up the $$$.
Back to top Go down
hawkavonpuka
Wanderer's Apprentice

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:00 am

I haven't been here in eons but the mention of the lighted keyboard in an Asus laptop caught my eye. I love my Asus, even though it is two years old and Vista but a lighted keyboard would just be the whipped cream on top. Enjoy it Ang!

Hah, I came from MM to check out the interesting new about .................... Must be that speeding train again Draclvr and Faust is this where you vanished to, wondered what happened.

I will make it a point to stop by more often, lol!
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 am

Interesting news about????
Back to top Go down
hawkavonpuka
Wanderer's Apprentice

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:41 am

affraid Am I allowed to say it? No A hint, this is the color, No
Back to top Go down
zobraks
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
zobraks

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 am

Draclvr wrote:
Why, I bought a laptop at the very end of 2007 (when Vista was in full rage), but didn't settle until (my precious!) XP was on it. I would probably install Win 7 nowadays though. As the second OS lol! .

It's good to see so many people from Mystery Manor here. cheers
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Ah, yes, Hawka... NOW I know what you're talking about!

Zobracks, in 2007 I'd have gotten XP too! But in 2011? NEVER! I love my XP and even recently built a new computer just to house my old XP drive. But it's a 10 year-old operating system and is showing it's age. Microsoft is (correctly) phasing it out and XP will no longer be supported in 2014. It's time to move on! Besides, Windows 7 is playing both old and new games with great ease. Windows 7 has been my main OS for two years now and I love it.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 2:52 pm

I agree Drac... I was certain I did not want Vista!!!! And I love my Dell XPS laptop which is XP... although I also have a 98---anda 95 Smile I was uncertain about Windows 7 as you know but Carol has one and I have messed around with it and have no fear of moving on when this desktop XP hits the dust. I am very grateful of all the testing and reporting of the games that play on Win7 over at GB as this has made me feel very comfortable in eventually moving on up to Win 7.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 5:53 pm

My laptop has windows 7 . The more I use it the better I like it.

Hi hawka nice to see you here Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
hawkavonpuka
Wanderer's Apprentice

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:22 pm

I am fine with the laptop being Vista, it has played all my games that I want it to, except for the Thief ones which I knew it wouldn't. I have my XP desktop, I wish it was 7 but thanks to the help of Draclvr and others it is running better than it ever did, sooooo, I stick with it. I did splurge and get a 24" monitor to replace one that suddenly bit the dust, so now I am playing games on the desktop. Must play the XP only ones first I guess.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:41 pm

My XP is desktop too. I play all my older games on it or on my win98. I just played Lost Horizon on my laptop with win7 and it played so beautifully that I think I'm going to play all the new releases on it. I might try some older games that haven't been listed to see if they will play.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:26 pm

My desktop is also XP. When I purchased it, I had a choice between XP and Vista. My laptop at the time was Vista so I stuck with XP for my big rig.(As Trudysgarden used to call it..lol) My little HP laptop for my purse is also XP. Like Hats, I held on to my Win98 pc for the older games. There are sooo many I still have not played yet. Anyway...I love them all.. Ang's new computer A013
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Pointers! I've been away at a conference in DC the past few days.

I love my ASUS G73J. Got it last summer at Best Buy....very nice deal. I still have my Dell XP laptop (docked) and my HP XP Pavilion laptop....which will play all the XP games that are on the TBP pile, if needed. I still have my 98 machine to play the older games that won't play on XP if needed.

I love Windows 7 though. So much faster and cleaner. My desktop at work here crashed last year and I had to get one with Windows 7. Some of the applications I use here at work, aren't compatible with the 64 bit Windows 7, so we've got those installed on another computer with XP that I remote into when needed.

FYI to ABZ...when it comes to computers, don't try to put all of your eggs in one basket. All that does is ruin a perfectly good basket and can lead to many broken eggs.

Back to top Go down
hawkavonpuka
Wanderer's Apprentice

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Wisely said JK, I agree and think that by now ABZ has a lot of eggs ready for scrambling. So sad, Sad
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 1:01 am

Yes Yes JK...I do remember when you got yours. I remember seeing a picture and I loved it then. Really forgot it was the same one.I am lovin the bluray player. (It is great for when we have a long day at one of Michaels appointments.) Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 2:08 am

I remember when you got your ASUS too JK. It was after seeing yours and Ang's laptops and hearing you talk about them that decided me to take the plunge for a laptop. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:31 pm

hawkavonpuka wrote:
Wisely said JK, I agree and think that by now ABZ has a lot of eggs ready for scrambling. So sad, Sad

Hawka, et al - if you guys think my situation of "putting all my eggs in 1 basket" and then breaking them so I'll have a lot of eggs for scrambling is so sad, well, what would you say if I took all these broken, scrambled eggs and made all kinds of omelettes out of them, western omelettes, cheese omelettes, spanish omelettes, etc, there's a way to make 10 million different kinds of omelettes with all these scrambled eggs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ang's new computer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ang's new computer   Ang's new computer Empty

Back to top Go down

Ang's new computer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: