Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! Empty
PostSubject: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:25 pm

Got this an hour or so ago - VERY exciting!

Witcher 2 Press Release
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Showed up in my inbox this morning ! Very cool ! A reminder that I should probably go ahead & pre order.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Are you going to do the GOG download pre-order? I was going to, but I think I'm going to get the boxed set. Having a senior moment and can't remember if I pre-ordered from somewhere or not! Guess I'll wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:27 pm

Not sure Drac . I need to do a bit more research , see if there are any differences between the 2 versions .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:52 pm

The GOG download has a few more goodies included and will be the only version that is completely DRM free. Of course, the download is HUGE! I sort of like looking at my game boxes on the shelf....
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Looks like I will order the GOG version Drac . Don't get me wrong , & like seeing boxes also , But , if the GOG download includes extras the boxed version does not , then I would rather have it instead .

I just found this : http://news.tgn.tv/15397/

Given CD Project Red (W2's makers) , & their widely known stance on drm , I'm kind of surprised this will happen . But , after reading the article , it's not up to them really , it's mostly up to the distributors , Atari in this case . The drm doesn't look like it's too bad though .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Yup - it's the distributors. But I've read this before and it doesn't look like it's too bad. Definitely check out the offer at GOG - it's a great one!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Just to pass this on , for those who don't already know , I found the system requirements for The Witcher 2 :

Minimum specs
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD equivalent
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800, 512 MB memory or ATI equivalent
Memory: 1 GB for Windows XP / 2 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Disk: 8 GB for the game installation and 8 GB for bonus materials

Recommended specs
Processor: Intel Quad Core or AMD equivalent
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 260, 1 GB memory / Radeon HD 4850 with 1 GB memory
Memory: 3 GB for Windows XP / 4 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Disk: At least 16 GB of free space

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:14 am

Looks like Witcher 2 is now available for download at GOG

Witcher 2

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:43 am

Exciting! Yes, you can download somewhere around 95% of the game now. But the final bit of download will not be available until the release date on the 17th. This will allow you to have the majority of the nearly 9 GB download completed by the 17th and to be able to download the final bit and be playing earlier.

If you have about 12 minutes, this is a gameplay video. Be warned that it contains adult content ..

Witcher 2
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:06 am

Thanks Draclvr I'll watch it later tonight. Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 1:41 am

I did pre order at GOG . Also watching the preview you linked to Drac . Looks amazing ! In case it hasn't been mentioned , for those who pre order from GOG , you have until the end of this month to order , & still get the pre order goodies .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:28 am

Thanks for the reminder Faust.

That gameplay trailer was awesome.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:59 am

Not a problem !!
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:50 pm

So, did anyone pre-order Witcher 2 and will be getting it today? I didn't because I would not be able to stand seeing it sitting here unopened and unplayed - I am so far behind in my gardening because of the weather here.

Something tells me my resolve will be weakening soon though...
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:17 pm

I did, although early this morning I received an email from Amazon stating that they would not be able to honor release date delivery. They nicely refunded my $0.99 shipping charge and promised it tomorrow. I also received a credit of $10.00 off my next order (just about as good as cash for me) although I believe that applies to anyone who pre-ordered from them.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:17 am

I hope to hear what you think of it, Camaro. I relented today when you said you got the $10 credit at Amazon and ordered mine too. I just couldn't stand it any more!
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: I generally   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:10 am

I'll try and give a heads up Draclvr.

Just got an initial first impressions from someone afiiated with my usual haunts on the net. Can't hardly wait on this sequel. I like to think that even though I've played adventure games for many years I am also a much newer RPG fan (even though in general I tend to suck with these games e.g. DA2) but the truth is that The Witcher is the only game in that particular genre that I have truly enjoyed for the story elements while struggling for the best good ending at least.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:23 am

I got an e-mail from GOG yesterday , telling me TW2 was ready to download , but I haven't done it yet . Since I have until month's end , I'll be ok until then . I have the original to keep me company ! There's been an interesting thread on the TW2 forums , everyone listing their system specs .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Hmmm... might have to go check that thread out.
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm

I've finished the Prologue and have begun Chapter1 already picking up a decent load of new quests. The combat is different much in the fact that defending yourself can be more of a priority than in the first game. Once you get accustomed to it, along with the new user interface (thus the prologue) it can be crazy fun. I started out with the easier difficulty mode but soon realized that I could handle the normal setting, well, at least for the time being as I sense the first "real" monster encounter is soon to be at hand. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm in Chapter 1 running around in Flotsam having a great time! Was in a bit of a pickle getting past a dragon, but found I was simply not doing it right. I started playing in the Normal mode and I think that's just right for learning the new combat system. I'm finally starting to get better at it and am looking forward to more leveling up - I'm at level 6 now. Somehow I'm not looking forward to fighting the karyan. Am going to try to level up a bit more and get a silver sword crafted for me.
Back to top Go down
Camaro
Camaro

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:00 am

Since you are not equipped with a silver sword I take it that you didn't import a save from the original game. I got the Raven armor along with a steel sword (unimportant now) and the silver sword Aerondight. As for crafting a new silver sword I am currently missing one ingredient, silver dust I think but will have to check again. I am curious though to see if the new crafted sword has better stats.

Yes, Flotsam is really great, still much to explore. Finished the fistfighting for now at least, along with the arm wrestling plus one more opponent outside of the bar but it seems that this particular challenge is not over.

I'm almost to level seven and as for the Karyan I'm currently on an expedition (after meeting with Cedric the elve in the treetops east of Flotsam ) along with Triss to obtain a sample of the monster's mucus. From there I suspect that things might become more diverse as I agree that leveling up beyond basic Witcher training will be necessary to take on this creature.

Happy gaming.
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 5:18 am

I had a silver sword, but lost it when I was thrown in prison. I've gotten back most of the stuff, but not the Witcher's silver sword. I think all I'm missing is the silver dust too. I'm off in the woods killing nekkers and those other poisonous things - forget what you call them. Think I'm only about 26 points from getting to level 7.

I didn't import any of my Witcher 1 games - I think I had saves from 2 of them - I just decided to start clean with this one. I still might start another game later and import from the first one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!   Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold! Empty

Back to top Go down

Witcher 2 Has Gone Gold!
Page 1 of 1