Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company Empty
PostSubject: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:02 pm

NORDIC GAMES HOLDING AB GROUP ACQUIRES
JOWOOD & THE ADVENTURE COMPANY

Labels to be re-launched under the Nordic Games GmbH brand

Vienna, Austria: 16th August 2011: Nordic Games GmbH, part of the Nordic Games Holding AB group
announces the acquisition of the JoWooD and The Adventure Company brands, products and
selected subsidiaries.
JoWooD and The Adventure Company will become publishing labels within Nordic Games GmbH,
with the plan to re-launch the huge back catalogue of games and invest in developing the wholly
owned IP’s and franchises, including SpellForce, Painkiller, ArcaniA, The Guild, Panzer Elite, Legend
of Kay, The Nations, Safecracker, and Neighbours From Hell, amongst others.
Nordic Games GmbH has recently opened its new office in Vienna, Austria. The team members have
been carefully selected for their enthusiasm and desire to make a successful publishing company,
and their care and attention to the former JoWooD Entertainment AG brands and products.
Nordic Games GmbH CEO, Lars Wingefors said: “This new venture will be a fresh start, and we will
be introducing new systems, procedures and business ethics to ensure the company goes from
strength to strength.”
Wingefors continued: “This is the beginning of a new era and over the coming months product
development will start on a variety of well loved and respected brands and products.”
Klemens Kreuzer, General Manager added: “We have a great range of back catalogue that will keep
our team busy in these early days.”
Nordic Games GmbH will be at Gamescom, Cologne to meet with partners.
Nordic Games GmbH joins the growing roster of video game related companies that are part of the
Nordic Games Holding AB Group.
A new corporate website is currently under construction at www.nordicgames.at

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Nice !
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:44 pm

I am glad that someone has picked up the Adventure Company as it would have been a shame for it to just have vanished when it provided us with many excellent games. However I am not convinced this will change anything for the adventure gamer seeing as this genre is steadily falling. Moreso they acquired it for the action titles that may bring more profits. I could be wrong but it is a fact that there isn't much profit it in but maybe there plans are to port some of the older games to the Ipads or whatever that is or apps which I know nothing about.
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
I am glad that someone has picked up the Adventure Company as it would have been a shame for it to just have vanished when it provided us with many excellent games. However I am not convinced this will change anything for the adventure gamer seeing as this genre is steadily falling. Moreso they acquired it for the action titles that may bring more profits. I could be wrong but it is a fact that there isn't much profit it in but maybe there plans are to port some of the older games to the Ipads or whatever that is or apps which I know nothing about.

If anything , GreyFuss , this move keeps another gaming company from going the way of the do-do bird . That is an event that happens all too often ! TAC published some of my favorite games ! JoWood is more of an action/rpg company . I do wonder though , how this will effect Dreamcatcher .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:54 pm

I wondered too how this would affect Dreamcatcher. So far I haven't been able to find any mention of Dreamcatcher in this acquisition.

I believe that The Adventure Company was holding several titles that haven't been published in NA yet. Hopefully these will get released in NA now.

I believe Dreamcatcher was also holding several unpublished titles.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Maybe the fate of Dreamcatcher will be revealed in time , Hats .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Yes Faust hopefully the fate of Dreamcatcher will be revealed in time and hopefully the news will be good.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company   Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company Empty

Back to top Go down

Nordic Games Aquires Jowood & The Adventure Company
Page 1 of 1