Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phobos: 1953

Go down 
+7
lakerz
Gelert
AlienBZ
struzzo
Faust
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Phobos: 1953 Empty
PostSubject: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Anyone have any knowledge of whether there will ever be an English translation of the game Phobos: 1953 from the creators of Outcry???
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 4:48 am

Phobos 1953 had a projected 2011 UK release. I could find no confirmed publisher or NA release date for Phobos 1953. Outcry was published by The Adventure Company.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I wonder why it is so difficult to get these Russian games to market in the Western world.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 8:41 pm

The difficulty at this time seems to be that the NA publishers who were publishing these games went out of business.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:50 am

hatshepsut wrote:
The difficulty at this time seems to be that the NA publishers who were publishing these games went out of business.

hatshepsut

Dead Mountaineer's Hotel comes to mind .
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:45 am

It's in pre-order on Amazon.de in German... maybe we could expect an English version too in the future?
http://www.amazon.de/UIG-GmbH-Phobos-1953-Indie/dp/B005I0HS66
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am

I hope we can get an English version soon. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:45 pm

We'll keep our fingers crossed!!!
After Outcry I do want to play that game so much that if it shouldn't be released in English I'll play it in German. I studied German and I forgot it because I didn't practice it any more, but it is better than Russian (I love the sound, but I can't understand it at all).

If things should take a turn for the worst with an English version I promise to send the translation I'll have to do for myself. I'm only upset on how to use it if the game weren't linear enough...
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:31 pm

I wish I understood German considering how many games have been released without an English release. If worst comes to worst a copy of your translation would be wonderful struzzo Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:58 pm

struzzo wrote:
We'll keep our fingers crossed!!!
After Outcry I do want to play that game so much that if it shouldn't be released in English I'll play it in German. I studied German and I forgot it because I didn't practice it any more, but it is better than Russian (I love the sound, but I can't understand it at all).

If things should take a turn for the worst with an English version I promise to send the translation I'll have to do for myself. I'm only upset on how to use it if the game weren't linear enough...

May I please take you up on this offer if that happens, Struzzo? I've been wanting to get Phobos 1953 ever since around 2009.

Thank you so much for offering to translate for these of us English-speaking/reading Pointers, Struzzo.

EDIT - here's what I believe might be a clue as to when its' coming out.

Clue 2

Clue 1

Check the topic that says "Phobos 1953"
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:25 pm

I looked at your clues AlienBZ, thanks! I followed that forum since long, but Phantomery Interactive has gone out of business too... sigh!
Anyway if there should be only a German release you'll be welcome, just as anyone who'd wish to share my translation Smile
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:15 am

So do we English speakers have to buy Phobos from that German Amazon in order to get ourselves a copy of the game in case 1) we have to wait forever for an English release, 2) an English release never happens, or 3) both of these happen?

Ok, say we English speakers have to buy it from the German Amazon, well is this when your translation into English will kick in, Struzzo?

Phobos on German Amazon - Translated to English

I tested the page that I translated into English by signing in, it let me sign in ok, then I made it search for phobos 1953, which it did, but it won't let me on the phobos 1953 page after being signed in, yet it'll let me on this page if I'm not signed in - I wonder why? Is this b/c the game is only a pre-order or what?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:16 am

ABZ
no. 1 Phobos was released some time ago in Russia
no. 2 UIG Entertainment the German publisher will release Phobos 1953 around April 30th
no. 3 It is not known at this time if they have translated it to English or if they will
no. 4 You can not buy games from Amazon /Germany
no. 5 It is entirely possible being a Russia game that it will never see an English release

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:15 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
ABZ

no. 2 UIG Entertainment the German publisher will release Phobos 1953 around April 30th

Ok, i'm assuming that this would be around April 30 2012, right?

So when UIG Entertainment releases the game, who will be able to buy it and where will they be able to buy it?

Will this make it possible for us English-speakers to buy the game and since Struzzo offered to translate it for us, then we'll be able to play it, right?
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Yes UIG Entertainment planned to release Phobos 1953 around April 30, 2012. At this time it is only known to have a release in Germany. Since UIG has made no other announcement it is not known whether they have worldwide distribution rights or if they only have rights to distribute in Germany. At this time when UIG releases only people in Germany ( and possibly selected European countries ) will be able to buy the game.

As I've said before it sometimes takes years to get the Russian games translated and distributed to English speaking countries.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:10 pm

My attempt of translation will be at disposal of everyone who'll ask for it of course, but it won't come so soon (actually I'd hope it won't need to come at all )

German version of Phobos 1953 will be released at the end of this month, but I'm not going to purchase it immediately, because I still hope that an English version will come... translating from German is going to be very hard for me! affraid Anyway, if there's not other chance I'll do it.
I think I'll wait until summer to have more news.
I wrote a mail to UIG entertainment to ask if an English localization were previewed, and when I'll have a reply - if I'll have it - I'll let you know immediately.

We'll keep our fingers crossed and wait. Wink

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:30 am

struzzo yes translating Phobos from German to English would be a long and difficult job. Translating anything to English is difficult. If it comes down to you doing a translation I applaud your efforts.

I too hope UIG does an English translation. I also contacted UIG last summer but have not had a reply. I hope they send you a reply. I'm thinking that if they are planning to distribute in Europe the game might already have English voice over. (one could hope annway)

If worst does come to worst it is very kind of you to offer to help us get a copy of Phobos 1953, thank you.

Were you ever able to get Rhem 1 ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:23 am

Let's wait and see for Phobos! I'm still optimistic about an English version Smile

You couldn't believe my story about Rhem 1, it was an Odyssey! I wrote to everyone that could have it or have had it on sale throughout the world. A friend went to Berlin and I asked him to look for it, but it was sold out even there.
After a long time I got a mail from Games4Mac, a store in a little town near Rome: Rhem had been reprinted and they asked if I was still searching for it... WOW! I couldn't believe to my eyes! You know hatshepsut, I still keep the envelope that contained it. It was the 30th of January 2006 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 am

Yes let's stay optimistic about Phobos. UIG is a worldwide distributer for many games so there is hope. Smile I know they translate alot of Russian action games to English and distribute them here.

I am so glad that you did get Rhem 1. It does indeed sound like it was an odessey of searching and waiting. I went through the same thing not to long ago with Lost Horizon. I had given up hope of finding my own copy then after a very long time I got an email from Interact saying they had obtained a copy and it was on it's way to me. I was very happy so I can imagine how very very happy you were to get your copy of rhem 1 Very Happy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 am

Bingo!!!!!
Received few seconds ago! We were right to be optimistic cheers Talk of the devil...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
Thank you for your interest in our game! yes Phobos will be released in English language this year. As soon as I will have a final releasedate, I will send a press release about the game!

Best Regards

Tamara Berger

Marketing & PR

United Independent Entertainment GmbH
Knöbelstr. 14
80538 München
Germany
------------------------------------------------------
I'm so happy!
And, talking about happiness, I see that you can understand me perfectly hatshepsut! A friend had brought me Rhem 2 from Germany, and after having played it I felt like I couldn't live any more without playing the first chapter... so you can guess how happy I was!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:47 pm

struzzo wrote:
Bingo!!!!!
Received few seconds ago! We were right to be optimistic cheers Talk of the devil...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
Thank you for your interest in our game! yes Phobos will be released in English language this year. As soon as I will have a final releasedate, I will send a press release about the game!

Best Regards

Tamara Berger

Marketing & PR

United Independent Entertainment GmbH
Knöbelstr. 14
80538 München
Germany
------------------------------------------------------
I'm so happy!
And, talking about happiness, I see that you can understand me perfectly hatshepsut! A friend had brought me Rhem 2 from Germany, and after having played it I felt like I couldn't live any more without playing the first chapter... so you can guess how happy I was!

Yay!! Does this mean that the game will be released in the English speaking countries including the US and UK Amazons? Might both the US and UK amazons get the games at the same time (I hope so)?
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Yesss Alien BZ!
It wouldn't make sense translating a game in English only for UK, so it will be on sale in USA as well!
It's only a matter of time; I'll keep you updated!
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:46 pm

struzzo wrote:
Yesss Alien BZ!
It wouldn't make sense translating a game in English only for UK, so it will be on sale in USA as well!
It's only a matter of time; I'll keep you updated!

So when is all this planned - on or about April 30 2012?

Disc release or d/l?
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:16 am

April 30 2012 is the release date for the German version.

For the details on the English version we have to wait for the press release. The only thing I know is that it will be within 2012.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks struzzo that is indeed very good news. I'm very happy to hear it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed now that we won't have to wait to long for that English version release Very Happy

ABZ everything that is known at this time has been reported by struzzo and me.
We will report any news as we get it.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phobos: 1953   Phobos: 1953 Empty

Back to top Go down

Phobos: 1953
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Adventure Game Discussions-
Jump to: