Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Irene

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Lady K and JK I hope you are both ok and far enough inland to not be affected to much by Irene. I hope all of you on the East coast are ok and safe.

Lady K and JK stay safe.

hatshepaut
Back to top Go down
jkeerie
Daredevil Pioneer
jkeerie

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Hi Hat...

Thank you for your thoughts. Fortunately, living in western PA will keep us well away from the storm. They're not even predicting rain here. I have a brother who lives in NYC. He's not in Manhattan, so he's probably not in any evacuation zone. I've shot him an email and am waiting to hear from him. Methinks his biggest worry would be for losing power. Hope he's got plenty of batteries on hand.

Lady K....stay safe and out of harms way!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:20 pm

JK glad to hear you are far enough inland to be out of harms way. I hope your brother will be ok. It does sound like he will probably lose electric.

I hope you are out of harms way also Lady K. If not please stay safe.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 am

my sis lives in Manhattan, so my mom and I are keeping our fingers crossed. Sounds like storm will weaken as it crosses from water to land which is good. Still, sounds like a whole lotta people will be without power and with with some flood damage which always sucks. Hope everyone can stay safe.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:49 am

I hope your sister will be ok lakerz. It does sound like a lot of people are going to ne without electric for awhile. Flood damage definitely is not good.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:20 pm

They showed pictures from NASA of that hurricane, it's unbelievable it didn't do more damage, thank goodness it didn't. We got a bit of a wind here from it but not much. We're on Lake Ontario here so it's windy a lot down this way. We get a lot of wind in the winter though. Last year part of our fence blew down and the neighbor's dog came by. We loved having her here but she pees when she's excited, which is too bad because I would love to have here more often. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:47 pm

The eye of the hurricane went over us about 4:00 AM with 60-70 mph winds. We got a lot of rain and many branches and leaves came down, but we had no flooding nor damage. We didn't even lose power, which was expected. My husband made the decision to board up our windows on Friday because we really didn't know how strong the storm was going to be by the time it got to NJ. He didn't want to be muscling around plywood sheets in 50-75 mph winds. As it turned out, we probably didn't need to do it, but he said he'd rather look a fool for being overly cautious than to have a major mess to clean up.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Better to be safe than sorry. Those 50 to 75 mph winds are nothing to scoff at. We frequently have 50 to 80 mph winds here where I live and they can do a lot of damage. I'm glad you didn't have any damage or lose your electric.

As large as Irene was it really was fortunate that she lost power when she hit the coast.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:38 pm

I agree LadyK, plywood and wind don't go together very well, he'd probably end up in the Philippians like the flying nun. Never leave any to chance when it comes to disasters, better to look like a fool one day than an even bigger fool when you're floating down the street on your couch.

We used to work for a place that made furniture out of styrofoam , now those things could float. The guys at work made a boat out of it one year and came second in a river boat race. We would have come first except our stupid boss was too embarrassed to wear his number on the outside of his jacket.

I'm glad that all went well for you LadyK, take care sunny
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:18 am

StarLite Moon wrote:
better to look like a fool one day than an even bigger fool when you're floating down the street on your couch.
lol! That image gave me a good laugh, StarLite!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hurricane Irene Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Irene   Hurricane Irene Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Irene
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: THIS AND THAT :: General Talk, Comments or Questions-
Jump to: