Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 9:41 pm

I'm taking a check to see if I am the only one playing casual games.
I'm quite enjoying Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek. One plays as a detective trying to solve the mystery of Maple Creek where people have gone missing for a number of years. You have to collect clues and put them together to find the truth. The game started slow, but became more and more interesting as you make progress, at least it did for me.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:44 pm

LakerZ likes 'em. Others do too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:27 am

I'm playing Virtual Villiagers 3. I guess you would call it a casual strategy game. I am enjoying it very much.

I just finished Urban Legends the Maze. It had a pretty good story and really good puzzles.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek sounds interesting. I like a good detective ghost story.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:29 pm

I started playing Urban Legends: The Maze, but haven't finished it due to getting sidetracked by Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek and a Match-3 game. I don't play many of these, but Rainbow Web 3 turned out to be addictive and I really enjoyed it, might even play 1 and 2 some day. It had a web format that made it different from the usual style, also had a nice story.
As for Strategy Games, I've tried to play two in the Aveyond series, but couldn't complete them. I so liked playing Mel, the thief, but I wasn't able to upgrade my fighting skills so had to give up.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 am

Yep, I'm still lurking around and do enjoy a HOG lite adventure game between the more involved games. I've heard some nice things about Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek, and it might be the first game where I splurge on buying the collector's edition.

mindysue, the Aveyond series takes a lot of patience to level up your character. That's the one thing most people get frustrated with on RPGs is the so called grinding to beat enough monsters to gain the experience to get your character nice and strong with lots of skills. pig
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:20 am

Hi lakerz,
I can manage the early fighting stuff, but the longer one plays the more complicated the learning curve and I reach the point where I don't know what I'm doing wrong or even what I'm doing right, so I don't make any progress and I just give up. Although up to that point in the games, I was really enjoying them.

BTW, at BFG the casual hidden object games are no longer called HOGS, but instead they are Hidden Object Puzzle Adventures! It is a more accurate description of the games, to my mind, as they are slowly evolving away from the HO scenes. Even there you will get an inventory item you need after you finish the hide-and-seek scene.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:49 am

Thanks mindysue for that hint to looks for the HOPAs over the HOGs, ha ha ha. I was having a hard time trying to prioritize my bigfish purchases to buy the more adventure'ish HOGs first.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 pm

I still haven't finished Urban Legends: The Maze, but I haven't given up on it either. I go back to it every now and then, but then something else gets in the way, like The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter. I played the first game: The Dark Hills of Cherai back in Jan. 2010 and liked it a lot. So I was eager to play this second game. Didn't find it quite as good as the first one, but it was okay until the very last puzzle, which was a total disaster and unplayable. (Others at the BigFish forum also agreed with this.) One had to match three symbols in a Simon Says type of puzzle, but the symbols were so small and hard to see I couldn't do in time. The puzzle starts over so one can try again, and again, and again, and...so on. No way could I beat it no matter how hard I tried.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:13 am

It's unfortunate to play a game (and enjoy it) all the way to the very end and then find the very last puzzle is just horrible and broken and frustrating.

I haven't been playing anything the past few weeks as my job just is sucking my soul away. But I'm taking Thanksgiving week off so I'll be firing up something this week for sure!
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi lakerz,
I haven't been playing any HOPAs lately either, been busy playing Alter Ego, which turned out to have a rather unsettling ending also. At first I thought I had made a mistake, but that actually was the real ending, sudden and "curt" as one reviewer called it. No matter though, I still rate the game as good as a Gabriel Knight or Broken Sword game. Only Lost Horizon beats it, but then I'm very partial to Indy Jones type of adventures.
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

My free time is so limited that I try to play mostly my Adventure games. and when I see how many of them still wait to be played, I get a headache. Well I also like MAME and C64 (yes Commodore 64 the real thing not emulator) and Nintendo DS but there is simply not enough free time available for all of them. I guess when I win the lottery I will have more time and will have also the opportunity to donate an amount to Adventure Point! Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anybody here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody here?   Anybody here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventure Point Forum :: GAME FORUMS :: Limbo of the Lost Adventurer-
Jump to: