Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! Empty
PostSubject: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 am

Dark Secrets has gone gold.

For the lovers of first person Indie games (namely me) comes Dark Secrets.

Quote :
We at Dreamcraft Entertainment is proud to announce that our upcoming game, Dark Secrets, has finally gone gold.

Posted by Jinxy on Feb 1st, 2012 .
We at Dreamcraft Entertainment are proud to announce that our upcoming game, Dark
Secrets, has finally gone gold.

Dark Secrets will hit the shelves on the 10th of February and can be purchased at Gamers Gate and The Adventure Shop.

Quote :
About Dark Secrets

Step into the shoes of Arthur to explore the darkest depths of the human mind, and be ready to unveil secrets that would be best to leave untouched...

Dark Secrets is a first person adventure game set in small isolated Scandinavian village. After five years, Arthur returns to home due to his father's sudden death. He inherits the family's old antique shop and the countless of strange objects within that his father had collected over the years. Through these mysterious objects Arthur begins on a journey to uncover the dark secrets that are hidden behind the façade.

•Experience the rich immersive atmosphere of a beautiful yet haunting Scandinavian village brought to life.
•Experience a deep and engaging story through the eyes of Arthur, and learn of his family's troubled past as he unwillingly follows in his fathers footsteps.
•Interact with several intriguing and colorful characters, each one with their own hidden and secrets to hide.
•Solve tricky puzzles and interrogate the local villagers to uncover the truth.
Dark Secrets will be released digitally. The release date will be announced in the near future.

To keep up with our future updates, you can either "Like" Us on Facebook or watch this page.

We value your opinion about the game, so please post any feedback or questions either here or on Facebook, that way we can respond as fast as possible.

Dark Secret Web Page

Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:29 am

Thanks GreyFuss Smile Dark Secrets looks like very interesting game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Thanks GreyFuss Smile Dark Secrets looks like very interesting game.

hatshepsut

Agreed ! Downloading the demo as I type this . I wonder though , how can a game go gold , when it hasn't been released yet ? scratch
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Faust wrote:
I wonder though , how can a game go gold , when it hasn't been released yet ? scratch

Perhaps you are thinking that "Gone Gold" means that it has sold over a million copies like it did in the Record Industry years ago. I thought the same thing when I first heard this term used in relation to gaming years ago. In fact, the term, is borrowed from the Record Industry. Going Gold was a term used when a song or album had reached its final stage and the Master Copy was produced. It was from that Master Copy that all other records were made from. Because of the process, the Masters had to be made from something that would last otherwise it would degrade. Making them out of Gold film made them more durable. I might be missing or not be exact on this but I hope you get the point. So when the term "Gone Gold" is used in gaming it refers to the fact that the developer and Publisher are finished with the game and the "Gold" copy has been cast and sent to the Printing company for the disks to be burned. Make any sense?

I probably screwed that all up so check out what Wiki says HERE.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:54 pm

This is correct GreyFuss. When a game is finished and ready for release a master copy is made layered with gold then sent to the printer who prints the copies from the master copy.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:25 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
Faust wrote:
I wonder though , how can a game go gold , when it hasn't been released yet ? scratch

Perhaps you are thinking that "Gone Gold" means that it has sold over a million copies like it did in the Record Industry years ago. I thought the same thing when I first heard this term used in relation to gaming years ago. In fact, the term, is borrowed from the Record Industry. Going Gold was a term used when a song or album had reached its final stage and the Master Copy was produced. It was from that Master Copy that all other records were made from. Because of the process, the Masters had to be made from something that would last otherwise it would degrade. Making them out of Gold film made them more durable. I might be missing or not be exact on this but I hope you get the point. So when the term "Gone Gold" is used in gaming it refers to the fact that the developer and Publisher are finished with the game and the "Gold" copy has been cast and sent to the Printing company for the disks to be burned. Make any sense?

I probably screwed that all up so check out what Wiki says HERE.

Understood GF ! Makes sense now .
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:30 pm

Hmm, I understand Gone Gold when a master copy is made, but this game is being released digitally and that means download ... I think ... so no master is needed. So, I'm guessing in this case it simply means the game is ready for playing now.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:01 pm

The digital downloads still need a master copy to download from.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Well, fancy that ... something else I didn't know! Thanks, hatshepsut.
Just the other day I finally learned how to Copy and Paste after all these years. I guess one could say I'm a slow learner, a very, very, very slow learner! Neutral
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 pm

You are welcome mindysue. There are new things I keep learning too. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!   Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Secrets Has Gone Gold!!!
Page 1 of 1