Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010

Go down 
+4
SuperEdy
GreyFuss
Lady Kestrel
hatshepsut
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 8:47 pm

Do you have games that you have been watching, waiting, and anticipating for. This year looks like maybe hopefully some of the games that I have been anticipating will be released. Some have been released and I am hopeful of a US release. Here are a few of mine.

Alter Ego
Broken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw
Black Mirror 2
Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting
Coven
Darkness Within: The Dark Lineaget
Darkstar
Dead Mountainer's Hotel
Decay
Gray Matter
Tale of a Hero
The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle
The Filmmaker
Prominence
Rhem 4
Mapoco Mountain
Out of Time
Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok
and still hopefully hoping for Pieces of Eight

So what games are you anticipating for a 2010 release ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm looking forward to Rhem 4 and any other adventure that might possibly be Mac compatible.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:34 pm

I am hoping that there will never be another adventure game released so I may go back to a normal life away from this computer Cool
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 pm

Hoping for no new releases ? I am... Shocked . Normal life away from the computer ?? You ..mean..there is life away from the computer ??? scratch GreyFuss are you really trying to make us believe you aren't anixously awaiting the release of a new adventure game ? Laughing

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
SuperEdy
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
SuperEdy

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Actually I'm still waiting for the translation of many good 2009 adventures (Black Mirror 2, Edna bricht aus, The whispered world, the book of unwritten tale) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://superedy.awardspace.com/
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 pm

I know it has English subtitles, but I don't believe it has the promised English voices yet. That's why I'm still waiting to play Broken Sword 2.5. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:33 pm

A Stroke of Fate
Aura III: Catharsis
Barrow Hill 2
Conspiracies 2: Lethal Networks
Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting
Coven
Darkness Within: Dark Lineage
DarkStar
Decay
Deep Sleep
Filmmaker, The
Gray Matter
Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle
Nonamestar
Pieces of Eight
Prominence
Rhem 4
Slip Space: The Burma Shave Anthology
Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok

Fence Sitters (not sure about)

Alter Ego
Alternativa
Aquarica
Black Mirror 2
Until I’m Gone
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 pm

GreyFuss wrote:
I am hoping that there will never be another adventure game released so I may go back to a normal life away from this computer Cool
Define normal.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:49 pm

Lady Kestrel wrote:
GreyFuss wrote:
Define normal.

Its been so long I think I have forgotten what a normal life can be
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:50 pm

I don't think I ever knew. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Do you remember way back when you could walk on two legs LK Cool
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 3:12 am

Yes, it has been 36 very long days.
Back to top Go down
auriond
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:13 am

I have a huge backlog of games I have yet to play, but I'm still looking forward greatly to the release of Gray Matter. I've heard of various release dates for this year, but still nothing concrete. In any case I'm optimistic that it will finally be released this year. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 1:39 am

I am also greatly looking forward to the release of Gray Matter. I have been trying to get a confirmation on the release date. I am fairly hopeful that it will be sometime this spring.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Magoozelle
Wanderer's Apprentice
Magoozelle

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:05 am

Hello everyone! I'm new 'round these parts, I hope you don't mind if I join in on the discusion.

I'm looking forward to the following for either release or translation:

Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Deponia
The Whispered World
Gray Matter

I'm sure there are many more great games coming out this year. I tend to like everything but horror/scary games, simply because I am a scaredy cat. I couldn't play Scratches: Director's Cut for more than 30 minutes. I psyche myself up, constantly wondering when something scary is going to happen. Laughing

And if anyone finds any good indie games, be sure to post about them!
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:21 am

Hello Magoozelle

Welcome To The Point, its good to see you here. Hmmm, interesting user name. Care to post a little more about it in the This thread: Your Adventure Point User Name?
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:30 am

Hi Magoozelle, and welcome to our little band. flower

I'm looking forward to Gray Matter too. I'm just afraid of having my hopes set too high. You know how it is ......... scratch

Scratches - Did you ever go down to the basement then? Ooooh! Something scared me down there, for sure! affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:44 am

Hi Magoozelle and welcome Smile . The Pirates of Vooju Island should be releasing Feb 24 th. I'm a big supporter of Indy games and try to keep an eye out for them. There are some non horror ones bieng developed now and will hopefully be out befor long.

Gelert, I'm with you I did not like going down in that basement. I just dreaded it. Scratches was possibly the scariest game I ever played. And that sound track or man. affraid

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:46 am

It was THAT something that happened there that really got me.

Spoiler . .

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:55 am

Gelert when that happened it scared me so bad my hair stood on end my heart pounded, I sat there paralyzed for quite a while.

Another part was when

Spoiler:
hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:58 am

I think that bit wasn't too bad for me, as I'd expected something, but I didn't ....

Spoiler:

Time for bed. 3 a.m. here. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:06 am

I wasn't expecting that in the basement either.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Igor Hardy
Wanderer's Apprentice
Igor Hardy

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:03 am

Someone asked about indie adventure games. I'm actually primarily waiting for indies as I'm not sure if I'll have time to play anything else.

Here's a bunch I'm often thinking about:

Boryokudan Rue
Resonance
The Cat Lady
Winter's Shadow
Death Wore Endless Feathers (Disk 2)

There are certainly more great things on the horizon, but these 5 are the titles I have (almost) no doubt they will appear in 2010.

Other than that I'm really looking forward to Grey Matter and also hope to be taken by surprise by some new, unusual titles.

Overall, after Tales of Monkey Island and Time Getlemen Please! I'm now in the mood for something more serious.
Back to top Go down
http://hardydev.com
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:39 am

Hello Igor Hardy

Welcome to The Point cheers

Are these Indie games adventure and are they freeware as I haven't heard of them. Maybe if you have time you could fill us in.
Back to top Go down
Igor Hardy
Wanderer's Apprentice
Igor Hardy

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 1:19 am

Hey Greyfuss!

You probably heard at least about Resonance. It has been long time in the making already.

The only freeware game among the ones I mentioned is Death Wore Endless Feathers, but Boryokudan Rue, Resonance and Winter's Shadow are the first commercial ventures of prominent authors of many freeware games.

Boryokudan Rue was one of IGF 2010 finalists. Here's the first public trailer.

Resonance is from Vince Twelve - best known for What Linus Bruckman Sees When His Eyes Are Closed - and will offer special inventories to collect memories.

Winter's Shadow is the newly announced game from Ben Chandler - the star of the freeware adventure games scene in 2009 (as he made and released about a dozen really great, short adventure games).

The Cat Lady is the next game made by the creator of past year's disturbing horror game Downfall.

And you can have a look at Death Wore Endless Feathers (Disk 1) and download it here. Really fun cyberpunk with cartoon graphics.

Last edited by Igor Hardy on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://hardydev.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010   Anticipated Adventure Games  For 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anticipated Adventure Games For 2010
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next