Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Timba PC game d/l - help?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

Timba PC game d/l - help? Empty
PostSubject: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:30 am

This past Fri. afternoon I found a PC adventure game listing in the Games database over at Gelert's site AdventurePoint.co.uk, and upon googling for a place to buy this game, I ended up at this site

EDITED OUT BY BROWNEYEDTIGRE

and I found it was listed as a free d/l but this was only for a trial, and underneath the free d/l button was a "buy" button, which I clicked on and it took me to this site

where I signed in and submitted my email address (actually I used Queen AlienBZ's email address since that site will not accept orders from free email services such as gmail, yahoo, hotmail) and my paypal payment, was notified by

that the publisher (mnkinney.com) would deliver the game by email within 48 hours.

Ok, I waited all weekend then checked the Queen's email inbox but still no Timba PC game d/l. So I used the contact email address of the publisher that was contained in the order details email (

) which was immediately returned as "undeliverable"/"aborted"

and the shareit customer FAQ's say nothing about a game product never arriving after the specified 48 hour wait, as you can see

So hopefully I did not lose my money ($12.00) just b/c I never got this game even though I used the "reminder to publisher" link that was on the confidential order invoice (order summary) last night.

So I'm wondering if anyone can help me get my hands on this game, please?

Thanks in advance.

Even though I sent that reminder last night, I got nothing in return, no game.

I asked for help help in getting this this game at GameBoomers but was told by one of their mods that that site where I tried to get that game (although the game itself is OK) was a bit shady - here is this mod's words

Quote :

After reading the comments regarding the website and their games I am fairly sure the website is not legal and a bit shady. Plus lots of complaints of hijackers and viruses included in the downloads. I think you need to try and get your money back on your own as I would hate anyone to get something by visiting the site.

PS...I have not seen a legal download available and we do not allow "freeware" sites here unless a developer has approved it.
Perhaps you can ask on AdventurePoint where they obtained it since it's on their list.

Is this game even legal? If it is, where can I get it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AlienBZ on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:01 am

Abz it has been discussed with you before about going to other forums and misreprenting us and using members names.

Timba is not not listed as freeware at Adventure Point. We do not list freeware games. We do list free indie made ags. Timba is not a free game. Timba is listed in the data base. The data base is a discriptive list of information about adventure games.

Trying to obtain illegal copies of games has also been discussed with you. Adventure Point is in no way responsible for your game purchases. We have no responsibility over downloads or refunds, that is your responsibility.

After reading this post here and at the other forum I am wondering just what was the purpose of posting this on another forum if you found the game here in our data base ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:06 pm

hatshepsut wrote:

After reading this post here and at the other forum I am wondering just what was the purpose of posting this on another forum if you found the game here in our data base?

Sorry, my mistake.

As indicated in the AP game database, I now understand that Timba is supposed to be a shareware d/l created by Marcia Kinney and the d/l link for the game on the AP database leads to a dead end. Also, its rarity rating is low, yet when I tried checking on Amazon for a d/l of this game, my search was redirected as showing "tomb" games instead of "timba" games. Yet Amazon is supposed to have all kinds of game d/l where you can buy them, especially if the game in question's rarity rating is low, but I wonder why Amazon doesn't have it as a d/l???? scratch

Also all of the links but one (the link that takes you to Metzomagic's site) on the Timba page of the AG database here at AP lead to dead ends (blank walls). Only a couple of them still work.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 7:58 pm

I echo what hatshepshut has said here AlienBZ and I will say this ... publicly as other means appear to sometimes be ineffective.

AdventurePoint is purely a non-profit making, voluntarily provided database and reference resource for a large number of Adventure games. As there are nearly 2,ooo games listed and whereas appropriate links are/were given purely for assistance, it is wholly impractical and nigh-on impossible to keep track of which links are alive or now dead, or even as to their up-to-date integrity in some cases. Websites die, desist and become deceased. Thankfully, thus far Adventure Point still breathes. We, most of us here, have full-time jobs and other commitments. However, we do endeavour to repair or eliminate dead links if and when we have the time to do so. This, as you will understand, is not always possible. Please accept Adventure Point in the spirit in which it is provided to you. A HOBBY website which has become quite well liked and appreciated over the years.

Please READ Where Am I? if you are unclear about this.

Do not write things on other forums that can be interpreted as Adventure Point, or its NAMED members, having POSSESSION of particular games. Adventure Point is an information resource and that ....... to the best of our honest and benevolent abilities.

Please take note that you have been warned AlienBZ. Please try to be an easy going and courteous member just as everyone else here is. Adventure Point does its best to be one of the friendliest and least controversial forums on the internet. We want to keep it that way.

No more controversy please. This is the last we will say on this matter of your approach to forum 'conversations'. I hope you will understand. We wcan and will take any action necessary to preserve the easy going and very welcoming nature of the Adventure Point forums.

Thankyou.
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Thank you AlienBZ

For bringing this game to my attention. I had never heard of it before, and thanks for directing me to the AP Database for more information. Like you my best efforts at trying to locate a download from www.mnkinney.com or Timba.com has resulted in dead links. Even the Demo version seems to be gone. It looks as if the developer, Marcia Kinney, has abandoned the web site. The game looks interesting according to the AP write up and I can see how you would want to play it as I do. Is there anyone out there that would know of a place that still allows the download of the Shareware version or any other info on Timba or is it lost forever?
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:58 pm

DELETED as deemed inappropriate

Apologies in advance to those whom I may offend.
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Unfortunately the developers site, www.mnkinney.com, that all the legal Shareware download sites link you too for either the Demo or the game doesn't seem to exist anymore. Let us know if you are successful in your search for a legal download of Timba
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:01 pm

DELETED as deemed inappropriate

Apologies in advance to those whom I may offend.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:09 pm

ABZ if you read the board rules you would know if you are in violation or not. With the rules in mind let's keep the conversation friendly without making comments that may be construed as sarcastic or attempt to start controversy. Also please keep in mind Faust warning to you concerning your linking to unsafe and dubious website.

ABZ hacking into peoples IP address's to find information about them is illegal. Posting personal information is not allowed and as per rules will be deleted.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Has it occurred to you AlienBZ that perhaps the developer is difficult to contact because she does not wish to be contacted.

I will delete what you've included here - whether stipulated as being contrary to the Rules or not. My perogative as it just doesn't sit right with me. Sorry.

'Call me old fashioned .... ' as we ALSO say here. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Sorry AlienBZ, GreyFuss or anyone else who may or may not be unhappy with this.

I try not to be dictatorial here and you will possibly acknowledge that some things are deemed acceptable here that are not on SOME OTHER forums I could mention.

But .................. well ....................... that's the way it is. I wasn't happy with it so .............. it's gone. Simple as that. Sorry. geek

AlienBZ ....................... thankyou for your understanding of, if not the reasons, the decisions of Admin personnel here.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Gelert wrote:
Has it occurred to you AlienBZ that perhaps the developer is difficult to contact because she does not wish to be contacted.

No, I haven't thought of that. Maybe it's b/c he/she is sick or family problems, whatever?

If that's the case then I feel for this person.

Last edited by AlienBZ on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:50 pm

You don't have to go that deeply trying to look for reasons why AlienBZ.

Maybe they've just stopped or maybe they have other distractions ....... or maybe they just forgot. Who knows?!

By all means carry on your 'private investigations' but merely letting your friends here know when you have succeeded or failed in obtaining a LEGAL version of the game with, hopefully, the developer's blessing, will suffice. Thankyou AlienBZ. I'm sure you understand.
Back to top Go down
AlienBZ
Daredevil Pioneer
AlienBZ

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Gelert wrote:
You don't have to go that deeply trying to look for reasons why AlienBZ.

Maybe they've just stopped or maybe they have other distractions ....... or maybe they just forgot. Who knows?!

By all means carry on your 'private investigations' but merely letting your friends here know when you have succeeded or failed in obtaining a LEGAL version of the game with, hopefully, the developer's blessing, will suffice. Thankyou AlienBZ. I'm sure you understand.

The Queen said I'd make a good lawyer, hee-hee, um, Gelert, regarding these "private investigations," are you referring to that info that you deleted from my post?

What do you mean when you said "by all means carry on your "private investigations"?

I thought you said I was doing something illegal - trying to break into someone's server?

But, Ok, Gelert, I'll do what you said, I'm still learning, I'll stick to letting the folks here know whether I've succeeded in finding a legal version of this game.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:13 pm

What you do in your own time, in private and not on these forum boards is your own business and at your own risk if you choose to do so.

If you choose to do something that is illegal or even in a 'grey area' of legislation then that's up to you. You know it's wrong. And we do not condone it.

AlienBZ, SIMPLY post here IF OR WHEN you've found a LEGAL version of the game.

That's all.

Thankyou.

I hope that's finally clear to you and we can close this conversation once and for all.
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:21 pm

I think I'll lock this thread now.

Purely because it's given me a headache and has caused me to take up chain-smoking.

Aaaaaargh! Timba PC game d/l - help? 355620
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timba PC game d/l - help?   Timba PC game d/l - help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Timba PC game d/l - help?
Page 1 of 1