Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios Empty
PostSubject: Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios   Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:07 pm

If you liked Samorost and Machinarium, then check out Alchemia, a similar concept with some clever puzzles and really nice music. Developed by Tomas Kaleta, with Julian Winter's excellent soundtrack, I recommend it.

It's featured on Adventure Point's Home Page . . . . HERE;

Home Page

Just scroll to the bottom of the page.

Also, it has its own page, with a link to the website . . . . HERE;

Alchemia feature page

I played it today. Short and sweet, but plenty of entertainment.

Gelert. flower

P.S.; Springtail Studios also made the very good Haluz and Haluz 2. See Adventure Point's Free Adventures page . . . HERE;

Free Adventures pages

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios   Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:21 pm

I played this one-- and yes I did enjoy it-- hope others try it.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios   Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Thinking of the fact that the well pre-publicised Machinarium has received such overwhelmingly rave reviews, I wonder if Tomas, and his team, at Springtail Studios is considering following up Alchemia with a full size commercial Adventure?

I'd certainly be interested if that was the case. Games like Samorost, Machinarium and Alchemia are quite different to the 'normal' Adventure game, and I find them pretty addictive too!

Mind you the music helps set the quirky mood! Very Happy But the things I liked the best were the well-conceived, but not overly difficult, puzzles and the npc interactions. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the dialogue. Not that I didn't think it helped with the story .......... it did! But that, on my PC at least, the dialogue stayed on the screen too long and slowed down the gameplay. Don't get rid of it. It just needs tweaking! Wink

Gelert. flower

Edit: Also ............... I know it's unlikely ....... but I do like hard copies in pretty boxes! 🤡
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios   Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios Empty

Back to top Go down

Alchemia - Excellent freeware Adventure from Springtail Studios
Page 1 of 1