Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download

Go down 
+7
tsampikos
winfrey
struzzo
lakerz
mindysue
hatshepsut
GreyFuss
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

(UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download   (UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:27 pm

Struzzo

I hate keyboard controlled games too but this type of game is the least offensive for me and quite tolerable. I only use one key, the Up Arrow. I just press and hold it for movement and use the mouse for direction. No other keys are needed except the Space bar makes you jump up but I haven't yet found a spot in the game that you need to jump in. You interact with everything by using the left mouse button. I don't know why in games like these that you can't just program Right mouse button for a Click and Hold for moving forward and use the mouse for direction. Other games have used this and some do this. Anyway all I do is left index finger on the Up Arrow and right hand on the mouse.
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

(UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download   (UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 am

I am a Facebook person :-)
I just posted the question for you Lady K. I will let you know if he responds to the question.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download   (UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:09 am

Thanks, Win! What a Face
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download   (UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 4:30 am

Thanks GreyFuss.
You are right, moving forward is quite simple, but I did find a place where is needed to jump, and it took me -sigh- half an hour tries before spotting the right position to do it. I hope this will be the first and the last...
In addition, in 3D graphics I often can't distinguish clearly background deep shades from openings, so I keep reaching deadlocks and get trapped in the landscape...
The Five Cores really seems to be a beautiful game, but it makes me feel uneasy; I always have the feeling of missing some clues if I don't get very near to any single part of the surrounding, but if I do I risk running aground. I have a lot of patience when solving puzzles, but I become furious when I have difficulties just for moving.

By the way, did anyone discover where the savegames are stored? I'd like to keep a copy of them before overwriting, seen that there are only three...
Back to top Go down
GreyFuss
Adventurer Extraordinaire
GreyFuss

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download   (UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:14 am

I was trying to find the Save games myself without luck.
Back to top Go down
struzzo
Opportunist Explorer
struzzo

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download   (UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:05 am

I just found the game folder, but I'm not sure which are the savegame files and if they are located in it.
The path is: "C:\UDK\The Five Cores\" It contains three folders, "Binaries", "Engine" and "UDK Game"
I tried to open the last one and, apart from the folders, I found four text files filled with codes called PCTOC, three of which have different extensions of the name and weight 2 kb... maybe?
Back to top Go down
winfrey
Daredevil Pioneer
winfrey

PostSubject: Re: (UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download   (UPDATE)  Myst Lovers....The Five Cores  Released - Ready for Download - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Lady K I received a response on FaceBook. He said maybe later I have to do something else first.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/winfreysgames/

(UPDATE) Myst Lovers....The Five Cores Released - Ready for Download
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2