Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)

Go down 
+13
rainbowgirl15
Lady Kestrel
AngDMC
GreyFuss
Draclvr
Faust
emmanuel5
Gelert
AlienBZ
StarLite Moon
mindysue
lakerz
hatshepsut
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:38 pm

It arrived a couple of days ago. A really good game! Smile

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 615iG73qEFL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 4:21 am

Really nice tsampikos. I got Deponia a couple of weeks ago. It's in my to play now.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
tsampikos
Swashbuckling Globetrotter
tsampikos

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 am

Well,actually it's Chaos on Deponia, the secomd part of the trilogy.A retail version is now available. Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 2:33 am

I got Chaos on Deponia also but it's just a download.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 12:28 am

I like the Gord@k box also, very cool. Shame about the shrinkwrap causing the box to fold in though. I have that with the Stupid Invaders box.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:38 am

Recently got the boxed version of Yesterday and KGB Unleashed.

And downloads for:

the Dark Eye Chains of Satanav
Egypt Kids
City of Secrets
Kairo
The Five Cores
Home
Resonance
and
Antique Chronicles

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Speculative Fortune-Hunter
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Well, I didn't have to spend, spend, spend on this one!  I recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM, processor and video card.  I got a $50 coupon for a free copy of Metro Last Light with my video card.  It's turning out to be a great FPS.  It's based on a novel, Metro 2033, and is an "after the apocalypse" setting where the surviving humans live in the old Metro underground rail system in Russia.

Sounds like you have some good gaming ahead, hatshepsut!

Last edited by Draclvr on Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:02 pm

I heard about that game , Drac . Supposed to make your video card(s) cry so to speak . I have Metro 2033 . Wasn't too bad a game .
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:06 pm

So far my Superclocked EVGA GTX 660Ti hasn't missed a beat - even on full settings with about a gazillion monsters coming at me from all sides... gotta love the 4-chamber shotgun!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:10 pm

Draclvr wrote:
So far my Superclocked EVGA GTX 660Ti hasn't missed a beat - even on full settings with about a gazillion monsters coming at me from all sides... gotta love the 4-chamber shotgun!

Ha ha ! Sounds like a fun game . There is a game out called Rage . One I'd like to check out . My card should be able to handle both mentioned without a lot of trouble , or getting too hot .
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:28 pm

Draclvr a coupon for a free game is always nice. Metro 2033 sounds like an interesting game.

Yep I think I have alot of good gaming ahead. Now just to find the time. I started The Five Cores but I think it's going to be a long game.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 6:41 pm

Hopping back & forth between Shadow Ops : Red Mercury , Diablo 2 , & Darkness Within : Loath Nolder . May just play both Darkness Within games back to back .
Back to top Go down
Mullane
Mullane

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 am

Which thread do we use?

Anyway I have a photo to show you. Enjoy.

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 2013-07-11174124_zpsd80c6f6c
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks, Mullane, for posting on this thread today! And I have a special reason for thanking you because I have a very strange problem and this link is the only one I have to reach Adventure Point. Maybe some of you have noticed that I haven't been here in ages, but the fact is that I have been trying but all I get is a blue screen. I thought that Gelert was making changes and have been patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) waiting for the new format, wondering what it would be that it was taking so long! So now what do I do to get back? I hope the answer isn't, "Get a new computer."
Back to top Go down
Draclvr
Draclvr

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:24 pm

mindysue, have you tried clearing out your browser cache?
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Mullane....ALICE???? YOWZERS!!! Fabulous find.That is all I have to say about that. Smile

Mindy..do you use Internet Explorer or Firefox?
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi Draclvr and AngDMC,
To answer as best as I can: I use Internet Explorer, but I also have Mozilla Firefox. I don't know anything about a browser cache. All I know about Firefox is that it is in my list of Programs.
For now, I'm saving the email "spend, spend ..." link, which seems to be working just fine.

Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm

mindysue wrote:
Hi Draclvr and AngDMC,
To answer as best as I can: I use Internet Explorer, but I also have Mozilla Firefox. I don't know anything about a browser cache. All I know about Firefox is that it is in my list of Programs.
For now, I'm saving the email "spend, spend ..." link, which seems to be working just fine.

Not to rain on your parade , but , using Internet Explorer for anything , is like ringing the dinner bell for a hacker/malware/virus writer . IE is slow , bloated , and full of security issues . I would advise to use Firefox , Chrome , Kmeleon , Opera , anything but Internet Explorer . Try coming here to the Point with another browser , see if you have that same problem . If you do not , your problem has been solved .
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Faust..That's why I asked. It could very easily be the problem.I use Fire Fox now. Used IE for years and will never go back No .
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:35 pm

I thought that may have been the case , Ang . Especially for those using XP , Internet Explorer is asking for trouble .
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:49 pm

I'm trying, but I'm not sure of changing to Firefox. It seems to me that it will wipe out everything I already have and I might be left with too much new stuff to learn. Like what is pdf? I haven't a clue! Well, I do have a definition by MaG from years ago that says pdf stands for portable document format (Duh!) and is an "extension used by Adobe Acrobat and is read using Adobe reader" ... hmm. I never did understand it way back then, and I understand it even less now.
Just finished talking to Tom about Firefox which he has on his computer and I'm still confused, but I'm seriously thinking of letting him install it or whatever on my computer. The conversation ended, after all my questions, with Tom deciding he needed to go get our mail from the box in the lobby. No doubt you can guess why he needed the break! Anyway, I think now I will bite the bullet and let him change my browser to Firefox ... still thinking! (Double duh!)
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:14 pm

You would be safer using Firefox anyway . Pdf files can be used with any pdf program available , not just Adobe Acrobat . A few other pdf readers would be PDF Xchange (I use this) , Foxit reader , and Nitro pdf reader .
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:56 am

Okay, I now have Mozilla Firefox for my browser and some things work and some don't. I'm trying to find my way around and somehow I have made it here. For now anyway. I'm not sure I will be able to get back after I leave. I was actually trying to reach Big Fish, so how I made it here instead I have no idea! I feel like I'm playing some new kind of adventure game, you know, a point-and-click and see what happens. geek scratch 
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:50 pm

So far Firefox is proving to be one mell of a hess and whenever I try to download my usual stuff it pops up with a message saying it's a "binary file" and gives me some choices to click, but no matter which choice I pick, I get nowhere ... at least nothing happens that I can see, no hourglass, nothing to show that anything is loading. Today, I can't even download my Peter's Jigsaws and I've been doing the Jigsaws twice a week for YEARS, have worked over 700 puzzles! Sad  scratch 
I've been trying to learn how to use Mozilla Firefox and about all I've learned so far is that it is free, sheesh. Where do I go to learn how to download?
Back to top Go down
Faust
Daredevil Pioneer
Faust

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:06 pm

mindysue wrote:
So far Firefox is proving to be one mell of a hess and whenever I try to download my usual stuff it pops up with a message saying it's a "binary file" and gives me some choices to click, but no matter which choice I pick, I get nowhere ... at least nothing happens that I can see, no hourglass, nothing to show that anything is loading. Today, I can't even download my Peter's Jigsaws and I've been doing the Jigsaws twice a week for YEARS, have worked over 700 puzzles! Sad  scratch 
I've been trying to learn how to use Mozilla Firefox and about all I've learned so far is that it is free, sheesh. Where do I go to learn how to download?

If you would , could you start another thread in the tech help section about your trouble with Firefox ?  One of us will amble along to help you out , no worries .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)   Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spend, spend, spend!!! - Tell us about the GAMES you've bought, found, or .... whatever! :-)
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next