Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family Empty
PostSubject: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Merry Xmas good folks. We have a beautiful Xmas day here, the snow is falling in big fluffy snowflakes, it looks like someone had a pillow fight outside. It's the perfect Xmas day here.

We just came out of a 27 hour blackout. The power was off and it got a little chilly, I had to wear my woolen cap to bed. Now I see why the Beverly Hillbillies always wore their night caps to bed. I got locked in the garage day before yesterday, the ice on the garage door was so heavy that when I went inside it slammed shut and hubby wasn't home to let me out. Of course my old gaming instincts kicked in and I started feeling around for the light switch. Thought to myself I don't want to end up sticking my finger in a socket so I managed to get the door open enough to let in light then found the switch.

Yesterday hubby and I had our Xmas eve dinner, a baked ham, potato salad, cheese and pickle plate, and rolls. Today it's turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and smashed carrots with pepper and butter, oh yes let's not forget gravy. Then tonight when we watch our shows, turkey sandwiches.

Well good friends I'm off to make the rounds. I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy, joyful, healthy and safe Merry Xmas from my house to yours  santa
Back to top Go down
http://indieadventure.freeforums.org/
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 7:10 pm

Merry Christmas to you StarLite. I hope you have a wonderful day  santa 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Merry Xmas Hats, it's starting off to be the best Xmas yet. Hubby paid off our Visa today leaving us debt free except for our mortgage. We've been working on paying that Visa off for 16 years, I like that gift first to the Snowball. First thing hubby said when we get it paid off is Chinese food to celebrate, that will come at New Year's, got to get working on my New Year tags and my next StarLite Challenge movie. I must get downstairs and put my carrots on. Take care and enjoy this beautiful time of year santa 
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 9:45 pm

It's really nice to be debt free isn't it. StarLite I think you must love Chinese food as much as I do  Very Happy  I could eat it everyday  Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family 455702 

oh and mashed carrot, I've never had them but I'm going to try them next time we have carrots.

hatshepsut

Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:29 pm

It is wonderful to be debt free and in about 3 or 4 years we will have our mortgage paid off too. This has been a great Xmas. The power managed to stay on for Xmas dinner then at about 11:15pm it went off till 4:30am, then went out again yesterday at about 11:45am till 4:00pm. I hope that's the end of it.

I love smashed carrots and turnip. What I do is mash the carrots and or turnip but leave a few little chunks, add butter and pepper and mix together till butter melts. It is soooooo gooodddd. Oh here we go again, tantalizing each others taste buds. I do love Chinese food, the place we get ours from has been in business since 1965. Our store is two towns over from us, it takes about 20mins to half hour to get there and back, but it's well worth it. I think between myself and hubby's family we've sent all their kids and grandkids to college. We're going to have ours for Valentine's day if we can wait long enough although I highly doubt it  santa 
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 pm

I like mashed turnips too. I also like fried turnips. I fry the turnips with bacon sometimes. Turnips are just so good. I usually fix mac and cheese to go with them.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 6:00 pm

Oh now you are hitting a little too close to the heart. Bacon and mac and cheese, I love M&C I wish I could make my own. I don't like the powder they use in the boxed M&C, although I do love Kraft's Tomato and cheese macaroni. I like the white turnip better than the rutabagas, I find the rutabagas sometimes have a bitter taste if you don't get the right ones.

Very disappointed with my clementines this year, we usually get the Moroccan ones and they're usually nice and juicy but these ones were hard and bitter with hardly any sweetness to them. I still have a half box left, we should have gotten some pears instead. I've been naughty this year, went a little overboard with the sugar and now I'm paying for it. Eczema isn't a big fan of sugar and once it breaks out it takes forever to get rid of it, but come on, it's Xmas after all. Well I'm off to make the rounds, take care for now  santa 
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:44 am

I don't like box mac and cheese very much so I usually make it myself. I like the white turnips better too. I have notced that the clemintines have not been very good this year. I don't know if the ones we get come from Morroco or not. I really never paid attention to where they were from. I did get a bag of little cuties a couple of weeks ago that were pretty good and smelled wonderful.
P ususally just do a fast simple mac and cheese. I cook the macaroni (small) drain it and add cheese either colby or chedder and stir till the cheese is melted. yummy

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 4:36 am

I love Colby cheese, they say Monterrey Jack is supposed to be a good cooking cheese. I usually put cheddar in my mac too if I have it. I have to be careful of these powdered cheeses now, I can't eat Doritos, I start to itch like crazy. I hate getting old. I have a new video for you, hope you like it. I'm going to go post the link. Take care and Happy New Year  santa 
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 4:16 pm

I haven't used Monterey Jack in cooking but I bet it would be good in Mexican dishes. I like nacho cheese doritos.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 5:35 pm

It's amazing when you look at all the different cheeses there are in the world. How about goat cheese, not a big fan of anything tasting sour. Tonight we're having braising ribs cooked in beef broth for two hours, mashed potatoes and gravy and of course smashed carrots.  sunny 
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:08 pm

I like goats cheese with refried black beans. I'm not a big fan of ribs but I'll take mashed potatos and gravy any day of the week  Smile 

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
StarLite Moon
Daredevil Pioneer
StarLite Moon

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Ok, here's one for the books, how about this. We had some potatoes left over from the rib dinner, so today we're having our Chinese food, hubby won't wait till Valentine's day. This morning I didn't want to eat much so I fried up what was left of the potatoes when I got the idea that it wasn't going to be enough, so I cracked an egg over the potatoes and mixed it up. It didn't turn out too bad.

Have you ever tried those bagged dinners. The ones we get here are called Maggi, I call them Maggie Bags. We brown our meat, fry up onion rings, carrots and potatoes and cook them in with our meat. I like the rotisserie chicken the best, pork loin is great cooked in the bags. We only get 3 flavors here, over in England they have all different kinds. We get nothing in this country, I wish we lived near the US border so we could shop over there. Oh well  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family   Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family Empty

Back to top Go down

Merry Xmas From StarLite And Family
Page 1 of 1