Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians Empty
PostSubject: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm playing Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians and giving it 5 stars (out of 5, which is how the games are rated at BigFish) so obviously I like it. For those who like challenges, this game probably won't do; but if you like a more relaxing, fun game with neat graphics and lots of puzzles/mini-games and not too many HO scenes, this one is about as perfect as a game can get. One thing I especially appreciate is when you need to use an inventory tool you don't first have to fix it, at least most of the time. For me, a *casual* should be casual, and not wear me out!
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Thanks mindysue. In my opinion a causal should be causal, a little bit of relaxing fun.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:51 am

I totally agree! Nothing ruins an adventure lite type HO game than with a really obnoxious puzzle that takes hours of time to figure out. At least some have a 'skip puzzle' option that appears after say 5 or 10 minutes of head scratching. Some though, no such luck, ha ha.

I recently played through a few of the 'Empress of the Deep' series of HO adventure lite games and liked them. Easy on the brain, good graphics, enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:21 pm

I tried the demo for Mystery of the Ancients. I did enjoy it.

I haven't tried any of the Empress of the Deep. I do like good graphics, I'll give some of the demos a try.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:10 am

I enjoyed the Empress of the Deep series, too.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 am

Recently played Twisted Lands: Shadow Town, and it was fairly decent. Very much adventure lite with lots of inventory puzzles to go along with the HOG scenes. There is an easy mode and difficult mode for those who desire more hand holding. I've played through several of the Twisted Lands series, and they all are fun.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptyMon May 05, 2014 7:55 pm

I never heard of Twisted Lands: Shadow Town, lakerz, but I'm thinking of checking it out since the title intrigues me ... and since you mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptySun May 11, 2014 12:44 am

I started playing the first part of the Hide & Secret trilogy of HOGs, and am not very impressed.  The game seems clunky and just very vanilla.  Maybe the second one will be better?

Edit: I like the Twisted Lands series of HOGs and hope you will also!  Nice graphics, some decent inventory puzzles to go with the HOG scenes.  Nothing to complex to puzzle out, just a nice game to de-stress at night or over the weekend.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:38 am

I wasn't very impressed with Hide and Secret either. Just my opinion but I thought the first one was the best.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptySun May 11, 2014 10:08 pm

About Twisted Lands: Shadow Town, I tried to buy it and BFG told me that I already had it, much to my surprise! So I checked out my purchase history and sure enough, there was Twisted Lands: Origin (9-24-12) and Twisted Lands; Shadow Town (9-7-12) and Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition (10-11-10). Well, shoot! I can't remember all my games since I have over 500, starting with the first one on December 22, 2007, Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst. (I keep a somewhat messy notebook so that's how I know how it all began.)
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptyMon May 12, 2014 5:39 am

I keep a notebook for the games and books that I buy too.  Even with that I still manage to buy games and books that I aleady have lol
I play a lot of demos too and then can't remember if I liked them or not.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:42 pm

To help me keep track of my books, games, and movies, I built databases for them as soon as learned how to use a computer. Looking at a computer list beats craning my neck trying to see titles through my bifocals. Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians 458936 
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptySat May 17, 2014 10:16 pm

I never thought of making a list of my movies. I guess I better get to making a list.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians EmptySun May 18, 2014 2:12 am

It sounds sad, but I am forced to make a list for all of my interests just to keep track of it all!  Movies, games, books...they all get tracked and labeled as to which ones are bought and where from and if they are played/read/watched yet.  It ends up being a weekly job to keep it updated, but man, it sure helps me remember!  Especially so with the games from all of the different game portals out there.  GOG, Steam, Bigfish, Gamersgate, Desura, etc.  I can't imagine how I could remember if not for the spreadsheet.

Edit: I gave the second Hide & Secret game a shot and wow it was a bit frustrating!  Some of the HOG scenes were broken in that you were trying to search for an object that literally was not on the screen!  It was 100% hidden behind another object.  I found this out by clicking on the hint button which highlights the item, and the highlight was behind a different object to the point I could not even click it.  I had to restart the level a few times to get a group of objects that were all visible.  Another annoying thing with the game was certain HOG scenes were it was all a bunch of random patterns so to speak, and each object you had to find was a subset of these random patterns.  It's hard to describe but also very frustrating.  Suffice to say, I recommend others avoid Cliffhanger Castle, LOL (unless you enjoy pain).

More Edits: In all fairness, since I bashed Hide & Secret parts 1 and 2, I feel I should give part 3 (Pharoah's Quest) a little bit of praise. It is definitely a step in the right direction for the series. Decent mindless fun I guess, mixing HOG scenes with some inventory management. The inventory puzzles are pretty obvious, and there is definitely a bit of mindless wandering around trying to figure out where the next active HOG scene is, but that is typical with a lot of these games. So, if one is to spend money buying any of the games in this series, Pharaoh's Quest is the one to get in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians   Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians Empty

Back to top Go down

Mystery of the Ancients: Three Guardians
Page 1 of 1