Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Mystery Case Files at BFG

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

New Mystery Case Files at BFG Empty
PostSubject: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi y'all,
Any MCF fans around here? If so, the seventh Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition can be found at BigFish Games. I haven't bought it yet, but I have played 5 earlier games, having skipped the fourth one, MCF: Madame Fate which just doesn't appeal to me for some reason. This is an Interactive HOG so it has adventure-like puzzles in it that are based on using inventory items as well as the hidden object scenes.
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:56 am

Thanks for the heads up on that one, Mindysue! I've played all the Mystery Case Files games and hope this new one is along the lines of the Ravenhurst games. By the way, Madam Fate was fun and similar to Prime Suspects.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Downloaded it yesterday..haven't had time to play it yet. Sad
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Hi AngDMC,
How do you like MCF: 13th Skull so far?

Gamezebo gave it a 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars rating, while Users (18 reviews) gave it only 3 1/2 Stars. The reviewer at Gamezebo really liked it, but to me it seemed it was the fact that it's an FMV (Full Motion Video) game that made it so great. Personally, I'm not impressed by FMV.

I decided to try Fear for Sale: The Mystery of McInroy Manor instead. No doubt I will get the MCF game later on.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Hi Mindy Sue..I am enjoying it so far. I love all the Mystery case file games. Im not too far into it..I like it. Big fish has had so many great games recently. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:35 am

I'm liking this one, too, and it's much longer than I expected. I kind of wish the objectives weren't quite so in-your-face, but otherwise, I'm having fun with it. Currently, I'm looking for
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 pm

I really expected to be playing the game by now, but I just can't get past the spookiness, horror of the green-eyed skull and the screenshots are almost as bad, so dark and all. The guy with the rake might be okay and makes me a bit curious about the game, but not enough to play it right now. Maybe some other day.

At present I'm near the end of Hidden Mysteries: Salem Secrets. An okay game, but moving from place to place is confusing me and dragging out the game so I get bored, but then I find something and the game moves on and so does my interest in it. I guess I like it, almost.
Back to top Go down
raylinstephens
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 pm

I played 13th Skull and enjoyed it - but I preferred Dire Grove and Return to Ravenhearst.

This one felt too "Nancy Drew" with me doing so many chores. But it was worth the money and I did enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mystery Case Files at BFG   New Mystery Case Files at BFG Empty

Back to top Go down

New Mystery Case Files at BFG
Page 1 of 1