Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review Empty
PostSubject: Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review   Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 2:27 am

Millionaire Manor - The Hidden Object Show 3 ended up being a decent pure HOG style game. I was a bit meh on the previous two games, but this one is my favorite. All the different modes come back, from puzzle, to silhouette, to riddle, etc. This creates a lot of challenge and variety, but there is no timer so no need to panic. I found the artwork of the scenes to be nice as well. The game did not last too long, it had maybe 40 or 50 levels with maybe 20 unique scenes. All in all, I'd rate it a solid B. Good for those who just like HOG without the extra puzzles or adventure-lite'ness.
Back to top Go down
haroldw
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review   Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 10:48 pm

1st time I've heard of Millionare Manor. Refreshing to hear you found some time to enjoy a HOG. I've only seen screenshots. They mention the grandfather and a host (evidently manages the manor). No characters in the screenshots but I assume they animate them towards the end of the game.

I've only played a couple of HOG's. Thanks for the review, I have to add it to my list of games to play.

I like to think I'm open minded about other genre's, but that may not be true. I may be a bit of a snob - I guess any well made game will be satisfying.
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review   Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 1:18 am

From the mention of 40 or 50 levels and only 20 scenes and pure HOG, I would guess that Millionaire Manor HO Show 3 is either an old game, or a new one using the old formula. If it is old I may have played it years ago when I first started playing casual games, but since then HOGs have evolved into HOPAs which have the puzzles and the adventure-lite scenes added for more fun, for me, anyway. If it is new, then I have never heard of it until now.
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
Adventurer Extraordinaire
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review   Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 2:03 am

mindysue from the reviews it looks like this game came out in Dec 2011. Probably long enough ago to forget it.

I enjoy some of the adventure lites also.

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review   Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 6:06 am

I found the first two Hidden Object Show games to be too repetitive and the hidden objects were too small and difficult to identify. The third game was quite a bit better
Back to top Go down
lakerz
Daredevil Pioneer
lakerz

PostSubject: Re: Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review   Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am

haroldw - pure hidden object games are a genre you either like or not like. There is not too much middle ground. Not sure why, but I find them relaxing and easy to pick up and play an hour without taxing my tired brain, ha ha. The timed HOGs I don't like as much. I should mention one of the game modes in Millionaire Manor is timed but that mode does not appear too often. Also, the characters are not animated really, just static for the most part. Some adventure purists can tolerate some of the higher quality HOG type adventure-lite games, but the pure HOG games are just boring to them. I can understand that.

Lady Kestrel - you share my feelings for the first two Hidden Object Show games. I also thought they were way too repetitive. I did like their idea though to incorporate 5 or 6 different play styles though.

mindysue - As hatshepsut mentioned, this game is several years old and kind of a throw back to the early HOG days. As you note, the genre has evolved (in a good way I think). I just decided to write a post on it since I liked this one much better than the first two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review   Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review Empty

Back to top Go down

Millionaire Manor - Hidden Object Show 3 mini review
Page 1 of 1