Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Apologies for any confusion caused by the change over to the new forums, but you'll need to re-register to become members of the new forums. I hope you'll think it's worth it though.
Adventure Point Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure games Point & Click and all things PC games

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?

Go down 
+3
Sirus
hatshepsut
Gelert
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelert
Admin
Adventurer Extraordinaire
Gelert

New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? Empty
PostSubject: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:10 am

. . . . this is where you can ask for all the help and advice you need?

Everybody's TREMENDOUSLY helpful ....

.... so PLEEEEEASE . . . . . . . . DON'T BE SHY !!!!!!!!!

New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? 3

Last edited by Gelert on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://adventurepoint.co.uk
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Five or six years ago I ran across a game trailer that looked interesting but I lost track of the trailer and I can't remember the name of the game. Would anyone happen to remember a game that started out with a woman archaeologists discovering something in Egypt and then the game goes on with a male protagonist doing the adventure, but some where other than Egypt. the woman archaeologist disappears from the game right after the discovery. It is a 3rd person perspective. Does this sound familiar to anyone ?

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 1:33 am

I'm stumped at the moment, but you've got me interested. Time to do some detective work .......... study
Back to top Go down
Sirus
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Help!!   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:53 am

First off A big Hello

Right now with the formality,s out of the way i can see how good your knowledge of text based adventures really are.

Many years ago in the early 90,s maybe 1991 i can remember my brothers playing a text game.

platform possibly commodore64 Atari STE Amiga amstrad cpc

from what i could remember you start off in a space ship there a professor there the name of the ship was ether Sirus or Proteus?

you was a female and you has Telepathy powers you could become a wide range of people, such as a prison guard salman rushdie? a prince? and a few other people i think it had graphics/pictures

i can remember a few pieces but the name eludes both me and my brothers, i just hope it isn't one of those lost games that we cant relive Anyway thanks for your time..
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi Sirus.

A big WELCOME to the forums ................. New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? 9

I certainly don't know that game, but someone here may well do. I think it might be a good idea to post your question in the Interactive Fiction section here as well, because Gunness may be the best person to ask this question to.

If you do, and he doesn't reply soon, I'll let him know for you and, hopefully, he'll pop in with an answer. How's that? Smile
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi Sirus and New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? 17

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 1:26 pm

hatshepsut wrote:
Five or six years ago I ran across a game trailer that looked interesting but I lost track of the trailer and I can't remember the name of the game. Would anyone happen to remember a game that started out with a woman archaeologists discovering something in Egypt and then the game goes on with a male protagonist doing the adventure, but some where other than Egypt. the woman archaeologist disappears from the game right after the discovery. It is a 3rd person perspective. Does this sound familiar to anyone ?

hatshepsut

hatshepsut, the only one I've come up with so far, that has similarities, is Beyond Atlantis II. It starts with a female archaeologist in the Egyptian desert, but she's, then, accompanied by a man. It's 1st person though.

http://www.adventurepoint.co.uk/#/atlantis-iii/4522521203

http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/reviews/a-b/atlantisR/atlantis3R.htm
Back to top Go down
hatshepsut
hatshepsut

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Gelert thank you so much my search is over Beyond Atlantis II is the game I've been looking for. Smile

hatshepsut
Back to top Go down
Sirus
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:47 am

ahh ok well i suppose its back to hitchhikers guide to galaxy then Smile i know for a fact that will bug me tho till im in my death bed and then i will remember lol
Back to top Go down
Gelert
Admin
Gelert

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:57 am

Hey Sirus, like I said, post it in the Interactive Fiction section, and I'll try and get a message out to senor Gunness. Smile
Back to top Go down
mindysue
Daredevil Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Adventurer,
You mentioned anger and can you believe that I solved a slider puzzle by using my anger at it in an adventure game? It was Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life (how well I remember!) and it was the "tree of life" slider, with 4 circles, 2 moving together. I couldn't line up the picture and I got so angry (more than simply frustrated, closer to rage) and I took my cursor and swirled it around and around on the puzzle every which way as quick as I could. I didn't pay any attention to which circle I was on or where it went since I was going too fast to see anything anyway. Suddenly, as I was getting tired and slowing down a bit, a male voice out of nowhere said, "Two of the circles are correct and locked in place." I was astounded, but it was true. The last 2 circles lined up neatly after that and the puzzle was done! On with the game. So anger can be good sometimes, right?
Back to top Go down
diatribal deity
Wanderer's Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 am

Sirus wrote:
First off A big Hello

Right now with the formality,s out of the way i can see how good your knowledge of text based adventures really are.

Many years ago in the early 90,s maybe 1991 i can remember my brothers playing a text game.

platform possibly commodore64 Atari STE Amiga amstrad cpc

from what i could remember you start off in a space ship there a professor there the name of the ship was ether Sirus or Proteus?

you was a female and you has Telepathy powers you could become a wide range of people, such as a prison guard salman rushdie? a prince? and a few other people i think it had graphics/pictures

i can remember a few pieces but the name eludes both me and my brothers, i just hope it isn't one of those lost games that we cant relive Anyway thanks for your time..

Sounds maybe like Ringworld.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:22 am

scratch This is the first time I have seen this thread. Is this a new topic or have I made a trip back to LaLa land(happening quite often lately Sad ) At any rate..I like this idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Kestrel
Daredevil Pioneer
Lady Kestrel

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 am

You've been playing too many games, Ang. Very Happy This topic has been here but no one posted in it for a while.
Back to top Go down
AngDMC
Daredevil Pioneer
AngDMC

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:17 pm

oh ok..lol..thanks LK. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?   New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title? Empty

Back to top Go down

New to Adventure games? Looking for advice on what to play? Forgotten a title?
Page 1 of 1